Rob Johnson said Gregg had spies in Bills TC when DC in TN

YoloinOhio

Explain to me why you're cool with this, whether it's against the rules or not. Why do you condone this behavior?

Love your conspiricy theories some are pure Gold. What is illegal sending someone to an open practice? Do you believe other teams do it? if it was illegal would there even be open practices? the only rule I am aware if is NO filming at open practices in training camp. Johnson makes no mention of that. there are better fights out there. This is silly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain to me why you don't.

Because it feels like league-sanctioned cheating to me.

I can't believe I even need to defend myself.

Now explain your reasoning.

Love your conspiricy theories some are pure Gold. What is illegal sending someone to an open practice? Do you believe other teams do it? if it was illegal would there even be open practices? the only rule I am aware if is NO filming at open practices in training camp. Johnson makes no mention of that. there are better fights out there. This is silly.

You are a magnet to any conspiracy posts. You just can't leave them alone.

What about attending an open practice feels like cheating? Edited by NoSaint

Why is "filming" illegal, and not filming totally OK?

I feel like I'm arguing with league employees, like johnnygold likes to say. The fact that everybody is defending somebody sending "spies" to watch the Bills is over my head. I don't feel like this is the place to defend myself.

because the stupidity of them is comedic and amusing. it seems the only reason you post here is to start controversy on nothing.

it's after a game I have been posting the whole game. Your posts all have a common theme. That would be nonsense. Don't watch

Or be fan. With you it's all either cheating or fixed. What is illegal having anyone at a open training camp practice? Answer: Nothing.

Why is "filming" illegal, and not filming totally OK?

I feel like I'm arguing with league employees, like johnnygold likes to say. The fact that everybody is defending somebody sending "spies" to watch the Bills is over my head. I don't feel like this is the place to defend myself.

Quoting johnnygold just made this thread a million times funnier

My reasoning is that according to the US District Court for the Southern District of NY, cheating isn't really cheating without prior notification.

And actually...if you go back to when you started this ridiculousness, I never said it was okay, or it should be swept under the rug. You came out of left field with that bull ****, pal. All I said was, how do you punish a 15-year old violation?

In baseball they steal signals and always have. Big deal.

But when you get caught, you get beaned at the plate. There is a nice balance to how that works out in baseball. In football, it is all handled by lawyers and like anything handled by lawyers, it turns out poorly.

Really? Is what he did against the rules?

Sorry DC Tom, didnt feel like quoting half the people and yours was the closest.

1st: I do believe this was in fact cheating because I do believe it is against the rules for teams to attend other teams training camps for scouting purposes.

2nd: A few years ago, Daniel Snyder got greedy and charged fans admission to training camp. The Redskins suffered severely that year as other teams came out and legally scouted them because they "Paid an admission" to attend. This act of paying, allowed them to come and scout the Redskins training camp.

Links:

Giants Scout Redskins: http://www.nytimes.com/2000/09/20/sports/pro-football-redskins-1-2-facing-paying-a-heavy-price.html

Vikings Charge For Training Camp: http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/396818-vikings-seek-league-waiver

I always kind of assumed all teams did that. I also thought that all teams considered picking up one of the final cuts from a team they play twice after the last cut and pumped him for information.

I thought of those things as responsible intelligence gathering. The question I guess is whether you can or want to actually forbid and or police such activity. Now sneaking into closed practices that are not open to the public might be over the line.

I always kind of assumed all teams did that. I also thought that all teams considered picking up one of the final cuts from a team they play twice after the last cut and pumped him for information.

I thought of those things as responsible intelligence gathering. The question I guess is whether you can or want to actually forbid and or police such activity. Now sneaking into closed practices that are not open to the public might be over the line.

That's right where I'd fall.

Did anybody actually read the article? This wasn't somebody sitting in the stands watching like a regular person, this was somebody on the field "helping out" with practice, a local high school coach or some such.

Pro football teams let random people "help out" with running practices at training camp to a point they'd know things beyond what someone sitting in the stands would know? Really?