We have the technology...remote officiating

So sick of these officials becoming the focus of the game.

When you are running up and down the field for 4 quarters your judgement becomes impaired because you are tired. And feel pressure from the thousands of maniac fans watching your every move. And, just maybe because you were secretly given instructions to favor the Pats* (just kidding, kinda).

Rather than having on-field officials, why can't we have all officiating come from a central location by professionals watching the game where they have instant access to all available camera angles? We already have that for the "automatic reviews" in situations like scoring plays.

Install a few more on-field cameras if need be. I'm sure the NFL can afford it.

This way challenges would be WAY faster. No need for the official to jog all the way over to the review booth.

With today's technology, I'd like to see in-person officials automated. BTW, This makes even more sense to me for Baseball.

Its a good idea I have thought about before. But I think it should be a centralized location correcting calls, rather than being the only calls.

Like reversing the chop block that wasnt, the holding that wasnt, the OPI that wasn't, TT being over the LOS when he wasn't, ejecting OBJ after he punches our players, etc from the giants game.

Edited by peterpan

So sick of these officials becoming the focus of the game.

When you are running up and down the field for 4 quarters your judgement becomes impaired because you are tired. And feel pressure from the thousands of maniac fans watching your every move. And, just maybe because you were secretly given instructions to favor the Pats* (just kidding, kinda).

Rather than having on-field officials, why can't we have all officiating come from a central location by professionals watching the game where they have instant access to all available camera angles? We already have that for the "automatic reviews" in situations like scoring plays.

Install a few more on-field cameras if need be. I'm sure the NFL can afford it.

This way challenges would be WAY faster. No need for the official to jog all the way over to the review booth.

With today's technology, I'd like to see in-person officials automated. BTW, This makes even more sense to me for Baseball.

IMO the only penalties ruining the game are defensive holding, illegal contact, and pass interference.

The illegal contact can be fixed by simply making it 10 yards to bump instead of 5. Holding can be fixed by eliminating automatic 1st down. Pass interference can be fixed by the college rule.

It's gotta be better the the current state of officiating. It's completely ruining my passion for sports. While football officiating is awful, basketball is awful as well. Nba and college

My kids played HS and a lot of AAU hoops. As the younger one says, "it's a flawed sport". Just too difficult to ref well. Absolutely maddening!