Carucci: Disconnect exists between DL and scheme

YoloinOhio

All the stops you mention still put the opponent's lead beyond 7 points. The sign of a top defense is to make a stop when it positively needs to make a stop. Few teams are struggling on offense like the Seahawks, but their elite defense is the only reason for their wins. I can't say the same about the Bills' D at this point.

Bills Defense is good. They are not as good as Seattle or Denver defense though.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are also dictating the plays that their opponents are designing to confuse/expose weaknesses in their D.

And playing it just as they were expected to.

What bothers me is that teams are getting matchups and the Bills response has been to give them the yardage and the first downs and points are ensuing.

The defense can keep the points down with this method.

are you sure you guys aren't really funneling your frustration that the Offense did not get up enough points or a favorable time of possession last week.

Without those penalties the Ginats would have had a run for their money.

Get the offense going, and our defense will be playing a different game ; )

Edited by 3rdand12

The defense can keep the points down with this method.

are you sure you guys aren't really funneling your frustration that the Offense did not get up enough points or a favorable time of possession last week.

Without those penalties the Ginats would have had a run for their money.

Get the offense going, and our defense will be playing a different game ; )

I guess I am not sure when the expectations for this defense got tamped down to not being able to win at home unless the offense scores 25-30.

The Giants jumped out to a substantial lead.

A top defense can't allow that at home.

The second TD drive.....short field or not.....was one of the most frustrating sequences I've ever seen from a Bills defense.

They leave the slot receiver uncovered for back to back plays and the Giants put up 7.

This was supposed to be a GREAT defense.

I expect them to get better.....the talent is too great....but the questions are:

Why is it taking this long to gel when most of these guys played in a similar system two years ago?

And why is Rex sacrificing games trying to implement a system that marginalizes some of his best players?

It's funny how the results are coming down to blaming guys like Duke Williams, Rambo and Bradham when those are probably their 3 least proficient players in their standard nickel defense.

When you don't let your defensive playmakers make plays it allows the other team to isolate your deficiencies and exploit them.

If not giving up 25 per game is going to come down to Duke and Rambo being the playmakers......then there is certainly a design problem.

I guess I am not sure when the expectations for this defense got tamped down to not being able to win at home unless the offense scores 25-30.

The second TD drive.....short field or not.....was one of the most frustrating sequences I've ever seen from a Bills defense.

They leave the slot receiver uncovered for back to back plays and the Giants put up 7.

I expect them to get better.....the talent is too great....but the questions are:

Why is it taking this long to gel when most of these guys played in a similar system two years ago?

And why is Rex sacrificing games trying to implement a system that marginalizes some of his best players?

It's funny how the results are coming down to blaming guys like Duke Williams, Rambo and Bradham when those are probably their 3 least proficient players in their standard nickel defense.

When you don't let your defensive playmakers make plays it allows the other team to isolate your deficiencies and exploit them.

If not giving up 25 per game is going to come down to Duke and Rambo being the playmakers......then there is certainly a design problem.

You have more than one point i agree upon.

My hat is hung on, that communication has broken down. regardless of the play calling or adjustment pre snap. I think the elephant in room "Rex" knows he has not met his goals.

as long as both He, Roman and Thurman plus Crossman are adjusting I will remain patient.

I think the defensive mistakes are not just a player but a result of many things.

and Rex needs to turn this around.

Edited by 3rdand12

We don't expect the offense to put 25-30 up, but they were stagnant in the first half with 6 out of 8 drives being 3 and out, counting the 1 play interception drive.

Punt

Punt

Field Goal

Interception

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

If somewhere in there we put up a TD at least, it would have been 10-17 Giants going into the 2nd half rather than 3-17. Also 1 of those Giant TDs was a result of an INT from the Offense on the Bills 32 yard line.

Edited by What a Tuel

Schwartz shut down Brady? Really?

I believe most folks say that when referring to the second game. Brady couldn't get anything going that round. I realize that they weren't "playing for anything," but on the other hand, BB and Brady have usually never been ones to lay off the gas pedal.

We don't expect the offense to put 25-30 up, but they were stagnant in the first half with 6 out of 8 drives being 3 and out, counting the 1 play interception drive.

Punt

Punt

Field Goal

Interception

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

If somewhere in there we put up a TD at least, it would have been 10-17 Giants going into the 2nd half rather than 3-17. Also 1 of those Giant TDs was a result of an INT from the Offense on the Bills 32 yard line.

What was really concerning to me was the lack of 3rd down conversions.......but also we were really REALLY conservative on our play calling.....attack Roman!

Chan....Brady also didnt play the whole game

But the half he did, he sucked. I don't feel strongly about it either way, but like I said, Brady and BB would throw for 4 TD's in the first half if they could've IMO.

Edited by FireChan

Yes it does....because we have held him down in previous games only to have him pull out the game later on.

Really? Can you show me a link to a game where we held Brady to a QB rating of 64.6, a QBR of 32.5, a YPA of 5, and a 50% completion percentage in the first half?

Edited by FireChan