Amateur Hour With this Coaching Staff

K-9

Looks like another year of pretending vs. contending with this group.

Offensively, I don't understand how Roman can go from the play designs of a week ago to seemingly having little clue this afternoon. I'm sure the tape review will show how much we missed Sammy and Shady in the passing game and I can cut him some slack for that, but that two minute offense to end the first half was beyond comprehension. NOBODY on the field or sideline had any idea of what they wanted to do and that worries me greatly moving forward. What were they doing on the sideline while the defense was on the field before getting the ball back? No excuse for that display of two minute offense. None.

Defensively, we once again lost our composure at critical times and it worries me that Rex seemed unperturbed with it in his presser. I can only hope he supported them publicly but will rip them all a new one in the film room. Brady did indeed provide a blue print and good QBs like Manning can execute the kind of offense that neutralizes our pass rush and forces our LBs to cover.

I won't say anything about the atrocious tackling all day, other than when your team scores a momentum changing TD to get within six, your defense needs to come up big with a stop if it wants to call itself a good defense. Bradham's miss will keep him in my doghouse for a long time. Embarrassing to say the least.

We are NOT a great defense and somebody on that unit needs to stand up and scream that at the top of his lungs in that lockerroom. I think they've been reading their clippings and enjoy being coddled by Ryan. Well Rex, this defense has HUGE problems when facing anything other than a poor team with average QBing. Good teams with average QBs can beat us when we play like today. Good teams with good QBs will embarrass us if we can't fix these problems.

Bottom line is, I don't think the Giants beat us as much as we beat ourselves. 99% of the time, that's a coaching issue and our staff schit the bed big time today. Amateur hour indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Offensively, I don't understand how Roman can go from the play designs of a week ago to seemingly having little clue this afternoon. I'm sure the tape review will show how much we missed Sammy and Shady in the passing game and I can cut him some slack for that, but that two minute offense to end the first half was beyond comprehension. NOBODY on the field or sideline had any idea of what they wanted to do and that worries me greatly moving forward. What were they doing on the sideline while the defense was on the field before getting the ball back? No excuse for that display of two minute offense. None.

Defensively, we once again lost our composure at critical times and it worries me that Rex seemed unperturbed with it in his presser. I can only hope he supported them publicly but will rip them all a new one in the film room. Brady did indeed provide a blue print and good QBs like Manning can execute the kind of offense that neutralizes our pass rush and forces our LBs to cover.

I won't say anything about the atrocious tackling all day, other than when your team scores a momentum changing TD to get within six, your defense needs to come up big with a stop if it wants to call itself a good defense. Bradham's miss will keep him in my doghouse for a long time. Embarrassing to say the least.

We are NOT a great defense and somebody on that unit needs to stand up and scream that at the top of his lungs in that lockerroom. I think they've been reading their clippings and enjoy being coddled by Ryan. Well Rex, this defense has HUGE problems when facing anything other than a poor team with average QBing. Good teams with average QBs can beat us when we play like today. Good teams with good QBs will embarrass us if we can't fix these problems.

Bottom line is, I don't think the Giants beat us as much as we beat ourselves. 99% of the time, that's a coaching issue and our staff schit the bed big time today. Amateur hour indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with your post completely. This team struts around like peacocks thinking they've done something big and impressive and they haven't done anything of consequence really. I thought they were out coached badly in the 1st half and played with zero passion, like the Giants were just going to hand them the game because the big bad Bills beat Miami. Jeesh that was really really hard to watch.

Can't disagree with you.

As I mentioned in another thread I was initially all for the Rex Ryan hire but after the New England debacle I began to second guess it and after this game I'm doing the same thing. No discipline and our defense hasn't been close to the dominant defense it was last year..... people killed Marrone all offseason and even during the season last year, but at this point I'd take him over Rex.

Marrone takes a lot of heat around here. So I'm almost afraid to even say I might take Marrone over Rex too. People like to marginalize his coaching ability because he betrayed us. That being said, forget about Marrone because he did quit on us. So you can't really say we'd take Marrone over Rex because he did quit on us.

Believe me, this pains me to say this but this team is becoming an embarrassment. Too much hype, too much talking and no descipline, I don't like it, I don't like it one bit. The Bills need to just shut up, play football and be humble. This defense is a joke. The DL is nothing special so far, the LBs at best is fair and Gilmore, who the hell has the balls to even mention his name in the same sentence as Revis??!!! If this was another player from another team I'd be laughing my ass off and ripping him a new one! The only players that are standing out right now besides Taylor are our rookies! Ryan has a big mouth and I'm already getting a bellyful of that fat bastard. I couldn't stand his father and I'm rapidly starting to hate this freaking idiot.

Edited by Tipster19

Believe me, this pains me to say this but this team is becoming an embarrassment. Too much hype, too much talking and no descipline, I don't like it, I don't like it one bit. The Bills need to just shut up, play football and be humble. This defense is a joke. The DL is nothing special so far, the LBs at best is fair and Gilmore, who the hell has the balls to even mention his name in the same sentence as Revis??!!! If this was another player from another team I'd be laughing my ass off and ripping him a new one! The only players that are standing out right now besides Taylor are our rookies! Ryan has a big mouth and I'm already getting a bellyful of that fat bastard. I couldn't stand his father and I'm rapidly starting to hate this freaking idiot.

I'm feeling the same. The choice of the words "build a bully" while politically incorrect these days, is scary to me for a completely separate reason. Bullies act like idiots (personal fouls) and eventually get beat up by someone bigger than them (The Patriots and the Giants). So far this year Ryan has gone up against two coaches who are better than him. He has lost to both. Just saying. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

GO BILLS!!!

Coaching is the problem.

17 penalties? 15 yarder, backed up with another 15 yarder, with Rex on the field being hauled off by an assistant?

This **** is top down.

Our head coach is a top 5 defensive co-ordinator. He's a bottom 10 head coach.

I though this was a big opportunity for Woods today to show why he deserves more targets.

Jayron Hosley Island: population Robert Woods.

This. I kinda felt like the players sucked today on offense, not so much the coaches. It's a next man up league and they didn't man up. Woods and all the receivers save for Clay, were pretty disappointing.

GO BILLS!!!

:thumbsup:

Marrone takes a lot of heat around here. So I'm almost afraid to even say I might take Marrone over Rex too. People like to marginalize his coaching ability because he betrayed us. That being said, forget about Marrone because he did quit on us. So you can't really say we'd take Marrone over Rex because he did quit on us.

I thought Marrone sucked as Coach and was glad he " betrayed us" and left. It gave us an out as TP was probably going to extend him. I like my chances better with Ryan. This team is still an unknown in many ways, and the season always has twists and turns. Beating down a crappy Dolphins team doesn't mean they've turned a corner. The QB is inexperienced and prone to bad days like today. Maybe TT isn't good enough to carry a team on his back and make the players around him better like great QBs do . Is that surprising? Maybe he can't make up for no Watkins and no Shady out there. The O sucked today and is 90% of why they lost. The other crap is just peripheral.

GO BILLS!!!

great post K-9, the bolded is a great phrase, couldn't agree more with it.

Even Clay's inability to position himself and fight for the ball on the interception was disappointing to me. That was a big momentum shifting sort of play too.

That was an awful pass by TT.

I see Mario williams play tough and bad boy within control the rest of the D needs to do the same .. Brown, Hughes , Rambo I feel all are high emotional guys who needs to be kept in check you know bellicheat or any coach would of pulled Hughes or brown after those boneheaded plays I can't believe we left them in they deserved a 1 play a$$ chew out not matter the outcome of the single play.