special teams coach should resign

birdog1960

totally outplayed all season. as a percentage of plays they must be the most penalized. it cost us momentum and points on both offense and defense. if he has any pride he falls on his sword tomorrow. plenty of blame to go around but this is a consistent area of suckitude.

Edited by birdog1960

He wasn't good, the Bills dressed 7 guys last year to do nothing but ST. That was the most in the league. Marrone did that to protect his buddy Crossman. Crossman has been bad for his entire career. He is (and was) terrible.

Kirby is correct here. St. Doug effectively did everything in his power personnel wise to protect the special teams side of the ball last year.

Crossmans body of work is very poor.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Some players screwed up so the solution is fire the coach. Great. Coverage sucked on the short KO (good play got us a stop inside the 5 a couple weeks back). Fire the coach.

For those harping on Thigpen catching those punts inside the 10...he was right in catching each one.

Some players screwed up so the solution is fire the coach. Great. Coverage sucked on the short KO (good play got us a stop inside the 5 a couple weeks back). Fire the coach.

For those harping on Thigpen catching those punts inside the 10...he was right in catching each one.

b.s. ST had 6 penalties in the pats* loss and at least 4 in today's, possibly 5. it was so bad and i was fast forwarding so much, i'm not sure. yes, the players make the plays. but you build special teams with fringe guys. didn't they cut some guys to keep the right ST guys? if that's true (and i believe it is) then it's on the coach. and if he's got the wrong players, make some changes.

Edited by birdog1960

b.s. ST had 6 penalties in the pats* loss and at least 4 in today's, possibly 5. it was so bad and i was fast forwarding so much, i'm not sure. yes, the players make the plays. but you build special teams with fringe guys. didn't they cut some guys to keep the right ST guys? if that's true (and i believe it is) then it's on the coach. and if he's got the wrong players, make some changes.

OK, ST had penalties, fire the coach. Feel the same about the defense? The offense?

OK, ST had penalties, fire the coach. Feel the same about the defense? The offense?

there were six scores today. not sure how many punts. maybe 12? so about 20 plays and 4 or 5 penalties in those plays. the average game has what, 120 total offense and defensive plays.? (perhaps they can task the analytics department with researching this) and the bills were penalized 12 or 13 times. a penalty every ten plays sucks. a penalty every 4 or 5 plays? beyond ridiculous. yeah, i say he should be fired. and as i said at the outset, if i were this bad at my job, i'd quit before i embarrassed myself further.

Edited by birdog1960

there were six scores today. not sure how many punts. maybe 12? so about 20 plays and 4 or 5 penalties in those plays. the average game has what, 120 total offense and defensive plays.? (perhaps they can task the analytics department with researching this) and the bills were penalized 12 or 13 times. a penalty every ten plays sucks. a penalty every 4 or 5 plays? beyond ridiculous. yeah, i say he should be fired. and as i said at the outset, if i were this bad at my job, i'd quit before i embarrassed myself further.

What is it league-wide? There are penalties on ST. Fire the coach. Yup, good plan.

Our punt return team is just abysmal. Every single punt, there are 3 different colored jerseys just running free waiting to tag Thigpen is he even dares a return. Can anyone on that team throw a block, or even slow someone down??

And completely sucked the year before.

Sounds like the guy who in another thread everyone is saying you can't cut (who also is only on the roster for a portion of Special teams)

Our punt return team is just abysmal. Every single punt, there are 3 different colored jerseys just running free waiting to tag Thigpen is he even dares a return. Can anyone on that team throw a block, or even slow someone down??

They probably could but thats the only way they won't get flagged for an illegal block, holding, or some other penalty negating the punt and giving the offence the ball back............

They probably could but thats the only way they won't get flagged for an illegal block, holding, or some other penalty negating the punt and giving the offence the ball back............

I think every punt should be a fair catch. The idea that a return will be successful without a penalty is a dream these days.

Sounds like the guy who in another thread everyone is saying you can't cut (who also is only on the roster for a portion of Special teams)

I think every punt should be a fair catch. The idea that a return will be successful without a penalty is a dream these days.

Oh yeah. That's probably a good call. Momentum turning great play, on Buffalo, 15 yard penalty, automatic kick in the balls.

totally outplayed all season. as a percentage of plays they must be the most penalized. it cost us momentum and points on both offense and defense. if he has any pride he falls on his sword tomorrow. plenty of blame to go around but this is a consistent area of suckitude.

we just need 6 more "core" players. Just 6.

This bum should have been fired before last season and Marone covered for him, special teams are hurting this team and killing us for field position