Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

Frankly, I think Pittsburgh would probably appreciate if Vick was Taylor 2.0. Taylor is not really the problem here. Additionally, Vick was never this disciplined as a passer. Vick was probably a better runner, but it was also what got him into trouble and into the trainer's care consistently. Take it easy on TT. This offense was built around a few more pieces than we had Sunday. Give it time and Roman will get it ironed out.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% and we may know sooner than a full season if it goes fully south, but I don't think that it will. Tyrod has some causes for concern and of course he's not the guy that everyone prematurely anointed him to be.

Fans seem to go overboard. too much, then not enough..

Its a long season for a young team

I was impressed with the discipline and execution showed by the NYG defense.

yep they played one hell of a game honestly. Physical and smart

wow totally wrong on all points.

Harvin is a gadget guy who should catch screens etc.

Woods is really good, hogan is a wanna be.

ANd the rb w speed was spiller, how did he run for us last year?

Amazing how off some peoples takes are.

Amazing how people believe they are countering a point.

Screens aren't the same as going across the middle on short passes where the linebackers pop you. Harvin isn't comfortable doing that. Screen passes are fine for him.

Woods just isn't that good.

I have no idea what Spiller has to do with anything. EVERY team that wants to run the ball well, needs a guy with enough speed to get to the outside. And if you don't have one, you don't build a game plan that focuses on running the ball.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

I hate to say it, but the first paragraph is kind of how I see it so far.

As for the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, well, no. I'm not worried at all about "leadership", which basically is basically a word we assign to a guy after he wins rather than an actual reason for winning. Proof? Here is an actual headline dated January 17, 2011:

Mark Sanchez takes out Peyton Manning, outplays Tom Brady, continues growing as young Jets leader

And Michael Vick 2.0? Well, if Tyrod is going to make it, he is going to have to run more. More Russell Wilson style at least. And he has the athleticism to do that. Nobody I've seen has been as electric as the young Michael Vick, and Tyrod shouldn't try to be.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I like what I am seeing out of Tyrod. Throws a nice long ball, keeps looking downfield. Would really like to see him take off and run a bit more though. Need to make the D respect his scrambling ability. Would also like to see him use his elusiveness, speed and quickness to extend some plays and get guys open downfield. This is what Russel Wilson is able to do in Seattle with that scrub receiving corps.

Greg Romans entire offense is predicated on being able to run the ball with power, and when that doesn't work even with three TE's in the game you know your in trouble. That means the entire offensive load is now on the shoulders of a QB that has only four NFL starts....not good! This type of thing should never happen, and its a good way to ruin a young QB.

The Bills went into this season thinking that RT Henderson should develop into a better player, and with a rookie in Miller at LG they should be somewhat OK. The problem is Henderson doesn't look any better, and replacing Miller with Urbik who is an average pass blocker, and a downright bad run blocker. Then center Eric Wood has regressed for some reason, and Kouandjio still isn't a viable starting RT.

Run blocking should be easier in my view because you are exerting your mass towards the other player, and you know where the play is going. Perhaps some of those Bills are big fat un athletic slugs that can't get out of their own way on run plays. TBH I don't know what the answer is on this, and Whaley might be forced to find warm bodies off the waiver wire like Nix did back in 2010. Also, isn't Aaron Kromer due back from his team suspension soon?

At this point I'm not placing any blame on the QB for any reason because he seems to be the least of the problems.

Thanks for taking all my QB abuse :thumbsup:

@ChrisTrapasso

Charting all of Tyrod's plays. "Total" accurate throws from him (in/out of pckt/drops/flags irrelevant) by wk: IND 16, NE 24, MIA 22, NYG 33

Percentage of "total" accurate throws from #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor by week: IND: 61.5%, NE: 52.1%, MIA: 73.3%, NYG: 65.3%

Vs NYG interesting for Tyrod. Had most - Acc throws from clean pckt: 26 & after pckt drift: 4.. of season. But most inacc from clean pckt: 6

Edit: Obviously this stat doesn't tell all, but its *says something* that Tyrod Taylor's YPA (8.23) is better than Aaron Rodgers' YPA (8.09)

Tyrod still "missing" handful of open WRs each game (happens to many QBs) but was "best" staying pocket / throwing accurately from it vs NYG

@JoeBuscaglia

3rd down, #Bills TE Clay turns Dahl inside out, Tyrod doesn't look to that side. Woods open, but Clay had easy TD

FalseFrighteningHog.gif

So the play with pressure coming UP THE MIDDLE and he has to unload quickly, he should have taken the sack awaiting Clay to get open? HE sets his feet just as Clay makes his break and an instant later his lineman (Woods maybe?) is pushed into him.

Give any QB enough time and there's a WR open somewhere.

:sick: ...10/17 for 109 yds on the day... Nothing doing the entire first half!..... Once the threat of the run was introduced, -WHOLE DIFFERENT GAME.

Less thinking and more running sets up very good things for Tyrod.. B-) By the way, that drop by Harvin in the 3rd was Tyrod's fault

Edited by #34fan

:sick: ...10/17 for 109 yds on the day... Nothing doing the entire first half!..... Once the threat of the run was introduced, -WHOLE DIFFERENT GAME.

Less thinking and more running sets up vey good things for Tyrod.. B-) By the way that drop by Harviin in the 3rd was Tyrod's fault

2 weeks in a row, absolutely nothing until the 4th quarter. Can't keep playing like that and expecting to win. Won't win against the better teams in the league if this continues.