Who will the Bills miss more on offense: Shady or Sammy?

YoloinOhio

Whose injury has the most impact?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Bills offense miss the most?

• LeSean McCoy
    • Sammy Watkins

I believe in the Boob. We finally gave him carries he didn't get in SF and he had a higher average than Fred or CJ, 4.1 in a less than dynamic rushing attack. The team, including Roman seems to be good with him and I am too. He runs hungry and finishes the play and is tough to tackle whenever he can move downhill. I like his vision/decision making. He has 8 or so carries this year and a good chunk are short yardage plays that got blown up and a shotgun draw that went the same way. Not a bellcow but I think can produce in our power running offense. He may not be full speed from that calf injury yet. This usually comes in time.

Watkins is a matchup nightmare. We have Harvin and Clay which helps the medicine go down but Sam is the kingpin. Coordinators who don't already know will soon learn they need to account for 14 at all times.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy, no question in my view. While Karlos is all power he runs so upright I worry about him, and Dixon hasn't done much so far. The leading rusher might just be Tyrod.

The Bills still have receivers in Harvin, Woods, 7/11, Clay, Goodwin, Thigpen, Mulligan, Gray, Gragg, and maybe even give Easley some targets.

williams is killing it. does he have the wind and legs a the A backer? we shall see

dude weighs like 287 and runs a 4.20.

and you are complaining about he runs "upright". of course he does. because he can. just wait till he lowers his shoulders and head!!

what's he avg per run, 8.9 or something pedestrian

kiddin a bit N

:flirt:

I believe in the Boob. We finally gave him carries he didn't get in SF and he had a higher average than Fred or CJ, 4.1 in a less than dynamic rushing attack. The team, including Roman seems to be good with him and I am too. He runs hungry and finishes the play and is tough to tackle whenever he can move downhill. I like his vision/decision making. He has 8 or so carries this year and a good chunk are short yardage plays that got blown up and a shotgun draw that went the same way. Not a bellcow but I think can produce in our power running offense. He may not be full speed from that calf injury yet. This usually comes in time.

Watkins is a matchup nightmare. We have Harvin and Clay which helps the medicine go down but Sam is the kingpin. Coordinators who don't already know will soon learn they need to account for 14 at all times.

Boobie behind Felton is a nasty thought. once they get rollin' geez. someone getting extra whirlpool time

And you have Thigpen hanging around, Goodwin, Clay looks phenomenal with the ball in his hands and of course Taylor. Roman may have some things up his sleeve to help out.

this is where the creativity will need to come in. I think we have good depth on the offensive side but things won't come as easy as having Shady and Sammy distracting defenders and leaving guys wide open.

No matter what, Sammy draws top coverage leaving lesser defenders on Woods and Harvin. I think this could mean more looks for Hogan and Clay.

Whether it's Karlos or McCoy back there, teams know we are going to primarily run and stack against it.

Putting stats aside since having these players on the field makes the defense account for them and opens things up for others, whose absence do you think will have the biggest impact on the success of the offense vs the Giants?

You just answered your own question. McCoy hasn't been very effective this year and that's due to injury. Sammy on the other hand opens up the passing game like you wouldn't believe. He is being doubled on just about every drop back which leaves others 1 on 1. If you can, go back and watch every TD any of our WR scored thus far--you'll find they were singled covered.

In the last presser Rex had, he was asked something similar. You could tell what losing Watkins means to him.

I picked Sammy - the double coverages he's been carrying are on Harvin now. Should be a good day for Woods.

And Hogan--he should have a big game as well.

I would have to go with McCoy for a number of reasons that all must be put together. First McCoy has just as many receptions as Watkins (7) with two less targets (11). Add his rushing attempts and McCoy is a much bigger part of the offense than Watkins so far this season. That said, I think Karlos Williams will be completely fine as a replacement for McCoy. I don't know if he'll be as good of a receiver, but he's certainly the better runner. As for Watkins, he's been targeted less than Harvin and Clay so far this season. I don't think we'll see much of a drop off in the level of play with Woods. The real question mark for me is whether Karlos can block as well as McCoy has. If he does, I don't think we'll see any measurable drop-off in the offense. If he doesn't, I think we'll see Tyrod take a few more sacks than he did against Miami last week.