9-29: Tyrod Calls in to The Rich Eisen Show

26CornerBlitz

My first time at Duffs Saturday before the Indy game... That's the first time I learned that ranch was looked down upon up there... Can't help it, I'm still a ranch guy...

Duff's offers ranch? That must be something new. No self respecting wing joint would even think of serving ranch dressing with wings. When I'm asked down here if I want blue cheese or ranch, I get very indignant. Ranch? It's essentially mayo, for Christ's sake.

I will (reluctantly) forgive Tyrod since he didn't grow up in the area, and had already been corrupted by sub-standard wings served with ridiculous sauces.

I look down on all dressings on my buffalo wings. ridiculous. eat the wings. drink some beer. eat more wings. drink more beer. eat some celery. done. No dipping it anything thanks!

The dressing is for the celery (and/or carrots) NOT the wings, IMO. I know some dip their wings, but they are freaks who can't handle the heat. :thumbdown:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I look down on all dressings on my buffalo wings. ridiculous. eat the wings. drink some beer. eat more wings. drink more beer. eat some celery. done. No dipping it anything thanks!

You too are a chicken wing novice by calling them buffalo wings.

Blue Cheese tastes like crap. I don't care for it on anything. No dipping sauce or ranch for me. The better the wing, less likely to use dipping sauce. I also didn't know WNY looked down on Ranch. Blue Cheese has a strong flavor and a unique taste. Not for everybody.

You are obviously clueless, in Buffalo we call them Chicken Wings, not Buffalo Wings

Indeed. When in WNY they are simply wings. When elsewhere in the country it is probably wise to call them Buffalo wings, so as not to get some other preparation of wings. After all, there are many ways to cook chicken wings. The worst is when they are called Buffalo Wings on a menu then come out breaded, or in some sauce that bears no resemblance to the traditional Buffalo-style sauce.

...he didn't grow up in the area, and had already been corrupted by sub-standard wings served with ridiculous sauces.

The dressing is for the celery (and/or carrots) NOT the wings, IMO. I know some dip their wings, but they are freaks who can't handle the heat. :thumbdown:

Indeed. When in WNY they are simply wings. When elsewhere in the country it is probably wise to call them Buffalo wings, so as not to get some other preparation of wings. After all, there are many ways to cook chicken wings. The worst is when they are called Buffalo Wings on a menu then come out breaded, or in some sauce that bears no resemblance to the traditional Buffalo-style sauce.

I have said everything quoted, many a time. My rants on the bizarre sauces some places come up with are infamous. Good man. :beer:

The thread is losing some focus. maybe someone can arrange for Corey Graham and his old Buffalo friends to do an intervention

With Tyrod during the bye week? he's new to town, and it was probabably an honest mistake. Blue cheese on wings does promote better mobility in the pocket. I believe ESPN has a stat on that.

No the worse was when some guy on this board actually said he prefers to microvave his wings. I think he got a 2 year ban from this board for saying that.