9-29: Tyrod Calls in to The Rich Eisen Show

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duff's offers ranch? That must be something new. No self respecting wing joint would even think of serving ranch dressing with wings. When I'm asked down here if I want blue cheese or ranch, I get very indignant. Ranch? It's essentially mayo, for Christ's sake.

I will (reluctantly) forgive Tyrod since he didn't grow up in the area, and had already been corrupted by sub-standard wings served with ridiculous sauces.

The dressing is for the celery (and/or carrots) NOT the wings, IMO. I know some dip their wings, but they are freaks who can't handle the heat. :thumbdown:

Methinks that perhaps you have answered your own question.

Can we start discussing "boneless wings" now?

Nothing like a giant chunk of bleu cheese nestled in a crevasse of a (drum) wing.

Ranch is only good on salads!

I pity the fool who enjoys a "boneless wing" in my presence! When I was a youngster we call those things chicken nuggets, and we used them for fishing bait.

Grrrrrr

How about a buffalo chicken salad with ranch? Those are good.

But then again I live in the land of pizza places that all have the chicken bacon ranch pizza and all pizzas shaped liked a circle but then cut in little squares. Shouldn't even be called pizza.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Pickings are pretty slim for good traditional wings out by me. When I lived up in Manayunk there's a pretty good place called Pitchers Pub, but in South Jersey...

A lot of places do the wings dry and then give you sauce to dip them in. The "official" wing place for the Philly wing bowl also does crazy sauces, and their "Inferno" would barely be mild at Duffs.

Sadly, the only place I know which does the sauce right and gets them crispy almost every time uses flour to bread them. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've got.