Tyrod Taylor's Sweetest Stat

Wing Man

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new here but I had posted in another site that TT would win the job and he would do an excellent job. People clearly shot that down. When he was coming out of college I saw that draft special with him and Mike Vick and really wanted us to draft him. In hindsight I'm glad we didn't. Vick was very up front with him, he said he had a lot of learning to do to be an NFL QB. He fell into a perfect situation. Much like Aaron Rodgers with Brett Favre. Glad he's finally showing what he can do and more importantly in a Bills uniform.

I actually thought TT with Vick as backup would be a good combination and liked idea even better after seeing that video; Vick might actually be a decent QB coach.

• It's hard to believe just a couple months ago the Bills had a quarterback problem. Everyone was so worried about the QB situation. That seems to have faded away. No one is concerned about quarterback anymore. Tyrod reminds me of Wilson out in Seattle. I think they are very similar players.

• It's hard to believe just a couple months ago the Bills had a quarterback problem. Everyone was so worried about the QB situation. That seems to have faded away. No one is concerned about quarterback anymore. Tyrod reminds me of Wilson out in Seattle. I think they are very similar players.

Yes, it is interesting. Personally, I never thought we had a problem, I always thought we had three very different good choices. The problem was, which style and direction did you want to go? I think we choose the best one for this team. And if - heaven forbid - something were to happen, we have a very capable backup.

Edited by CSBill

83.33 percent of their trips thus far second only to the 3-0 Arizona Cardinals, at 91.67 percent.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/30/bills-are-much-improved-in-red-zone-scoring/

This is what I as asking yesterday

Buffalo has 13 touchdowns, which ranks third in the NFL, and seven of them have come on plays that have originated from outside the red zone (the other was Preston Brown’s interception return).

Whatever Buzzkillington... Best a QB has looked in a long time.

in 3 whole games.

perspective. Lets not get cocky and bring on the bad juju.

The only thing I am superstitious about is NFL football.

and to be honest ... isn't it the whole OFFENSE that deserves credit for this success?'

Part of the Bills’ success can be attributed to the way the ball is being shared.

The five red-zone touchdowns have been scored by five different players.

1. Tyrod Taylor had a 7-yard run (- 7 TDs, 3 INT's, 3 FUM)
  2. Karlos Williams had a 2-yard run (- total 3 TD's 3 games in his rookie start)
  3. Charles Clay caught a 9-yard pass (- 2 TD's, 1 FUM)
  4. Boobie Dixon had a 1-yard run against Indianapolis (- 1 TD)
  5. LeSean McCoy caught a 10-yard pass (- 1 TD on a bad hammy)
Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Having long lived in the abyss of coaches who couldn't coach and design effective plays, and quarterbacks who would constantly stall or turn into tire fires in the red zone, here is a stat that will warm every heart in Bills Nation:

Tyrod Taylor QBR - 116.1 (5th)

In The Red Zone - 136.1 (1st)

And his QB Rating is higher in the 4th quarter than his actual QB rating...another promising sign...

Having long lived in the abyss of coaches who couldn't coach and design effective plays, and quarterbacks who would constantly stall or turn into tire fires in the red zone, here is a stat that will warm every heart in Bills Nation:

Tyrod Taylor QBR - 116.1 (5th)

In The Red Zone - 136.1 (1st)

This is tremendous. You have to convert in the red zone. Shows Roman's great balance and the ability to execute.

Whatever Buzzkillington... Best a QB has looked in a long time.

A lot of people said that about Fitz in 2011. I believe in TT more than I did in Fitz but let's not forget how everyone felt when Fitz beat the Patriots and the Bills started 4-1. I know Tyrods stats are impressive, actually VERY impressive and I'm starting to Believe he may be the future here however let's see where this all goes after there's more tape on him as the season progresses.

Taylor has been great and fun to watch. The offense as a whole has been much better. A lot of the improvement is attributable to Taylor, but the offense is way less predictable. The coaching has been outstanding, it's success is a further indictment of the ineptitude of Marrone and Hackett.

That being said, I don't think the defenses the Bills have faced are particularly stellar. I also think the more film there is on Taylor and our offense there will be better game planning by competent D coordinators. This is however a two way street, these players and coaches should be able to over come that. This is going to be fun.

Edited by chris heff

Nfl.com has shipped my Tyrod Taylor jersey monday the 28th. Some storm is causing a delay according to Fedex.

Relax, Richard.

Ps. I dont understand Matthew reference..

Matthew Cassel.

Either my sarcasm detector is broken, or the /sarcasm was omitted from your initial post.

My bad.