Cleveland Browns are a disaster...

Big Turk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also letting starters leave and then having to replace them in the draft. big pat, winfield, fletcher etc.

I disagree that any team must be absolute in this approach. Look at the Cheats* they have been brilliant relative to knowing when to let players go. I agree that you can't be a turnstile but sometimes you also have to let players go.

Agree packers are a model franchise for numerous reasons. Publicly owned seemingly content not to build a mega-opolis stadium for no real great reason... But you just can't help but wonder if Favre then Rogers didn't happen, would they have found their way to an equivalent run of success.

Thank you. What the previous poster failed to mention is that having to back to back shoe in hall of fame franchise QBs fall into their lap doesn't hurt. Give them the Bills QB situation the last 15 years & the packer organization doesn't look so smart. Having a franchise QB in place allows a team to miss on high draft picks & for the most part get away with it. Not having a franchise QB in place doesn't.

I disagree that any team must be absolute in this approach. Look at the Cheats* they have been brilliant relative to knowing when to let players go. I agree that you can't be a turnstile but sometimes you also have to let players go.

Once again they have had a franchise hall of fame QB for the past 15 years. It helps a lot fellas whether you want to admit it or not. Covers up a lot of mistakes.

To Bill, unless you draft an OL in round one, you're doing it wrong. Don't take the snark personally.

I don't blame Bill for wanting more picks spent on the offensive line in the first round because the Bills have done that only once since 2002, and that looked like an afterthought being the second pick in the first that year.

RB 03,WR 04, (WR in 2nd 05) DB & DE 06, RB 07, DB 08, DE 09(C with 2nd first round pick)RB 10, DT 11, DB 12, QB 13, WR 14, (DB in 2nd in 15)Four DB's- Three RB's-Three WR's-Two DE-One DT. One C. One QB,

One QB, and one O linemen says a lot to me as to why this team has been so mediocre over the last 15 years.

We all want Tyrod Taylor to develop into an elite franchise type pocket passer, and the Bills had better build him a decent pocket to throw from at some point. Tyrod looking a lot like another Russell Wilson running all over, and hopefully he stays healthy all season. If Tyrod gets a wheel dinged he will be a sitting duck behind that current line, IMO. Fingers crossed!

The Buffalo Bills appear to currently have more money invested in their defensive line then any other team in the NFL, and it doesn't seem to be paying off when the team only rushes with the front four. (Patriots Game & Dave Wannstedt) Then all those picks at DB didn't seem to slow down Tom Brady in setting a Bills franchise record for passing yards against with 466. Just sayin.

On a different note, this years team is a collaborative effort between the new HC, GM. But there are a few players that this HC wanted, and look to be making a huge difference for the team. Tyrod Taylor- Percy Harvin- Richie Incognito, and Greg Roman was his choice for OC. While Rex Ryan might put his foot in his big mouth at times he is a big reason why the team is doing so well right now. :D

No. That doesn't impact football. Throwing a party and inviting teammates the night before a game does. And comparing it to the early 90s Bills is irrelevant. The professionalism has moved on.

The noises do suggest he has improved in that regard and I hope he has because I don't have anything against him personally, I just think if you are considering the possibility of him being a franchise guy the fact he has shown such a lack of judgment in circumstances that directly affect football has to play into that. I still don't think it is fair to close the book on him after 3 games. I think the Browns should let him play this year because they are not going to be good regardless... but I am pretty sure they will be looking to draft a QB again in 2016.

Are you meaning to suggest that the early 90's Bills did not party the night before games??

Thank you. What the previous poster failed to mention is that having to back to back shoe in hall of fame franchise QBs fall into their lap doesn't hurt. Give them the Bills QB situation the last 15 years & the packer organization doesn't look so smart. Having a franchise QB in place allows a team to miss on high draft picks & for the most part get away with it. Not having a franchise QB in place doesn't.

Neither fell into their lap - they traded for Farve and they drafted Rodgers and let him sit behind Farve until they were ready for Rodgers to start. Both were good front office moves.

Neither fell into their lap - they traded for Farve and they drafted Rodgers and let him sit behind Farve until they were ready for Rodgers to start. Both were good front office moves.

Okay I know how both of them got to Green Bay know it all. What I was trying to say is they have very fortunate circumstances having back to back hall of fame Qbs. & to be honest they kind of both did fall in their lap. Rodgers was supposed to be a top 5 pick & fell in the draft. Favre was an after thought in Atlanta & I think Green Bay got him for a 2nd round pick from Atlanta. A trade I might add that goes down as one of the worst trades in the history of the league.

Just stuck in a cycle of poor management and decisions. Now have a stigma as well that will make FAs and Coaches, etc think twice before accepting contracts.

I can feel for them. We were stuck in a similar spin-cycle. You can say that we were pulling out of it, but I disagree. Would have still had Marrone and Hackett IMO... Who knows what happens with Hughes, no McCoy, no Clay, Felton, Harvin, Incognito, etc. Darius may not even be re-signed yet. Who knows how much say the new coaches had in bringing Tyrod Taylor aboard.

The Bills have gotten much better at drafting and were always a few steps ahead of the Browns for the most part... but having fresh new ownership and basically re-energizing the 'brand' is crucial in breaking the slog and at least entering the group of teams who can contend on a semi-regular basis.

Cleveland. The land of nothing.

Brown helmet. That's it.

What does that even mean? Clevland "Browns" They like the color brown THAT much??? (It probably means something. But dont care enough to google clevand browns wiki)

What if there were The "Blacks" or "Whites" teams?

The Los angeles "Whites" versus the Oklahoma "blacks" are going at it again. The winner of this game to face the "browns" next week.

It's ok to suicide if you're a cleveland brown fan. Ouch....Okay even that is too much. On second thought. Nope. It's ok.

What does it mean? Are you in high school?

Paul Brown was one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.

I know- they suck...their uniforms are dumb, etc. etc.

but still... :doh: