Top 5 teams in the AFC right now

PatsFanNH

1. New England -- has been a buzz saw through the first 3 games on Offense. No one has been really able to slow them down. The defensehas been inconsistent but is above average in QB pressure and Pass D so far. (The run D needs some work)

2. Denver -- Manning playing small ball and the D is scary scary good right now.

3. Cincy -- Playing well on both sides of the ball, and just bet a division foe who was in desperate need of a W. (The Ravens are not a crappy team)

4. Buffalo -- Outside of the NE game the D has looked top 3. Taylor has shown strides of improvement every game and doesnt make that head scratching mistake that plagued Buffalo QB's the last few years.

5. Pitt - D is not that good, but the Offense is clicking with Big Ben and their freak of a WR.

IMO the top 4 are set, and Pitt seems to be the best of the rest thats left. The Colts look awful, KC is well inconsistent,AFCS is awful 9although the Titans find a D they could be a dark horse this year).. I just dont see much else. Thoughts?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you rank a one-sided team like the Broncos #2?

Well they are undefeated, and maybe i am going off pass performance but I will take Manning over Dalton every day and twice on Sunday. Who knows maybe its just the respect I have for the man.

Guys I have NO clue who should be #5? The Jets? Ugg that hurt just to type!

Well they are undefeated, and maybe i am going off pass performance but I will take Manning over Dalton every day and twice on Sunday. Who knows maybe its just the respect I have for the man.

Right now the Bills are clearly the #2 team in the AFC.

probably KC

The Jets aren't good (imo)

Edited by YoloinOhio

1. New England -- has been a buzz saw through the first 3 games on Offense. No one has been really able to slow them down. The defensehas been inconsistent but is above average in QB pressure and Pass D so far. (The run D needs some work)

2. Denver -- Manning playing small ball and the D is scary scary good right now.

3. Cincy -- Playing well on both sides of the ball, and just bet a division foe who was in desperate need of a W. (The Ravens are not a crappy team)

4. Buffalo -- Outside of the NE game the D has looked top 3. Taylor has shown strides of improvement every game and doesnt make that head scratching mistake that plagued Buffalo QB's the last few years.

5. Pitt - D is not that good, but the Offense is clicking with Big Ben and their freak of a WR.

IMO the top 4 are set, and Pitt seems to be the best of the rest thats left. The Colts look awful, KC is well inconsistent,AFCS is awful 9although the Titans find a D they could be a dark horse this year).. I just dont see much else. Thoughts?

I'd probably put KC in there at 5th instead of Pittsburgh, especially now with Ben out for 4-6 weeks.

Other than that, I'd say that's probably right.

The problem is that the cheats* are in a class unto themselves. They undressed Buffalo and made them look stupid (the Bills also hurt themselves with this). Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Bills are markedly improved but top 5? They need to win consistently to be in this group. No doubt they have the talent to be considered but I prefer to take it one week at a time. On to the Giants 3-1 is far better than 2-2.

The problem is that the cheats* are in a class unto themselves. They undressed Buffalo and made them look stupid (the Bills also hurt themselves with this). Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Bills are markedly improved but top 5? They need to win consistently to be in this group. No doubt they have the talent to be considered but I prefer to take it one week at a time. On to the Giants 3-1 is far better than 2-2.

Every team in that top 5,except New England and Buffalo, are flawed in a major way.