Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Today's Game

ChevyVanMiller

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!

In regard to #5, I really, really want Sammy to get out and ball, as we all do, but man Harvin has been huge for us so far.

Do we have Harvin after this year? If not, may need to extend him. Between him and Sammy we should have 1 healthy great WR.

It was great to see Rex sit TT with 7 minutes left in the game the hoodie had the cheater in whe they were up 44-7 and five minutes left in game

Hoodie is an idiot.

Also, why was Tanny still in the game once it was basically over? I mean, the guy took enough abuse. He must hate that O-line.

McCoy was doing things that reminded me of Spiller, and I was never a Spiller fan.

Boobie was completely ineffective.

Karlos was the best RB on the team today.

basically a good recap of the RB play today. I'd like to find someone to replace Boobie, even M. Ball.

Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Today's Game

10) Well, if no one else will, I'll say it: After nearly 20 years and enduring QBs the likes of Collins, Johnson, Holcolmb, Losman, Edwards and Orton, we have finally found a true Field General with the ability to lead us to meaningful games in January.

Tyrod was a beast today ( 21 of 29 for 277 yds and 3 TDs )and he is proving to be a QB that can beat you with his arm and not just his legs.

9) It sure is nice having a TE that can change the complexion of a game after so many years of being on the wrong end of other teams using that position against us up and down the field.

Charles Clay wreaked havoc against his old team and it is becoming more and more apparent why the Bills targeted him with that big offer sheet in FA.

8) Even though he missed on that 54-yd FG try, it was also nice to see Dan Carpenter have a big game against the team that cut him loose.

I don't know if he'll ever get out of Rex's doghouse ( or even if he should. The hate/hate relationship they have is good for scoreboard differential) but I believe when the game is on the line Dan will always be "The Man."

7) "Downtown" Preston Brown is causing a lot of Bills fans to say, "Kiko who?" these days with his stellar play. His two picks and return for 6 today is going to quickly make his name known outside of the 716.

6) Somebody please tell Rambo that Darby is on the same team. Twice today Bacarri went all Jayne Mansfield on number 28 and nearly decapitated the stellar rookie.

Maybe Darby needs a red "no hit" jersey when he playes with Rambo. :)

5) Am I the only one starting to wonder if Sammy Watkins is going to be one of those guys that just can't stay healthy?

I love the kid and when he's healthy he is a true force. I just hope he isn't known by the moniker "Hammy" Watkins when his career is said and done.

4) This defense is nearly impossible to run on. So long as the other team doesn't have a HOF QB that throws nearly 60 times while getting the ball out in 1.7 seconds, teams are going to have a hard time beating us while being one dimensional.

The Cold Front is just getting warmed up.

3) Karlos Williams is special. His combination of size, blazing speed and power makes him a beast to bring down. Today he became the first Bills back to rush for over 100 yards in more than a season.

He and Shady make a great 1-2 punch. The only question is who should be 1 and who should be 2?

2) The O-Line deserves some praise. The Bills have put up over 30 points every week and Tyrod has had ample time to sit in the pocket and pull the trigger on some big pass plays.

Let's hope that Miller and Henderson aren't hurt seriously.

1) Here are two words that we haven't thrown around after a game for awhile - Total Domination.

The Bills were the better team in all 3 phases today and the Fish weren't so much squished as they were put in a Waring Blender and put through every stage from liquify to puree.

I don"t think Eli Manning is going to get much sleep this week.

Watkins is anything but a true force. When has he done anything that looked like a force? In the first three or four games before anyone had tape on him, maybe, since then till now it is12 games running and he has been more of a bust than a force.

Edited by jumbalaya

i think more props need to go to incognito. he's changed the line. he's tough as hell. i'm less and less convinced watkins was worth the price. seems too much hat and not enough cattle to me. hope i'm wrong. they still look like a playoff team to me and i thought so after last week.

oh, yeah. mccoy might lose his start if if doesn't pick it up soon

TT gives me a lot of hope. i'm hoping he's good enough that audi decides to use them to sell their new model.

Edited by birdog1960

Do we have Harvin after this year? If not, may need to extend him. Between him and Sammy we should have 1 healthy great WR.

We have him, but his salary skyrockets to 9 million a year for the next to years, and is voidable. I don't think we can restructure until the offseason.

But right now, he's definitely looking worth it.

Boobie Dixon on multiple third downs ... the only thing that didn't go well today. One 3rd down run was behind Urbik. Bad idea.

Dixon should be used strictly for special teams and blocking. He has zero burst and nothing to offer in running the ball. If McCoy needs a maintenance Sunday off who would be the other RB? It can't be Boobie.

While watching I kept thinking how much it must suck to have Philbin as your coach. He looked completely defeated by the end of the 1st quarter.

If you can, go easy on coach Philbin please. He lost a child not long ago and I'm sure it has sucked the life out of him. I'm not asking anyone to restrict their freedom of speach, just to have an understanding heart - if you're able to.

If you can, go easy on coach Philbin please. He lost a child not long ago and I'm sure it has sucked the life out of him. I'm not asking anyone to restrict their freedom of speach, just to have an understanding heart - if you're able to.

It's not just this year. As I've seen repeatedly pointed out, the Dolphins have been constantly "winning" free agency every year Philbin has been in Miami and is yet to post a winning record while the FO has them in salary cap hell.

agreed. we can celebrate without rubbing salt in wounds.

It's an unimaginable horror to lose a child, and please excuse me if I'm wrong, but Joe Philbin's son drown in Jan 2012 when he was coaching for GB. That was 3 1/2 years ago. If his passion for football is lost or isn't helping him recovery, he should retire and move on. I don't believe the Philbins have lost another child more recently.

There is a Philbin son who died recently but different Philbin - Regis

6) Somebody please tell Rambo that Darby is on the same team. Twice today Bacarri went all Jayne Mansfield on number 28 and nearly decapitated the stellar rookie.

Maybe Darby needs a red "no hit" jersey when he playes with Rambo. :)

I thought a Jayne Mansfield reference would go with Boobie Dixon. How does it work with Rambo?

A+: Winning a game on the road in the NFL is big, winning a division game on the road by 27 points is something that's almost unheard of Buffalo. The Bills haven't beat a divisional team by 27 or more points on the road since 1992. The Bills won big because Tyrod Taylor looks better and better every week. The Bills starting QB threw for 277 yards and three touchdowns. The offense also got a big boost from Karlos Williams, who averaged a ridiculous 9.2 yards per carry.

F: Ryan Tannehill basically gave the Bills 13 points with three first half interceptions. One of Tannehill's picks was returned for a touchdown by Bills LB Preston Brown. On the other two, the Bills used a short field to kick a field goal. It's a big reason why the Dolphins were down 27-0 at the half. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is probably regretting that huge extension he gave Tannehill after watching Sunday's game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25318715/nfl-grades-week-3-the-raiders-might-actually-be-good

Agree w/ most all this, but didn't believe the Bills STs were better than the Fishies STs.

Agreed. Too many penalties and our punt returner can't get positive yardage. Schmidt was on today, though. Fins ST looked pretty good.