Mehta: Jets are biggest threat to Patriots in AFCE

YoloinOhio

To buy off on this article, I would have to buy off that the Jets are going to be +4 in turnovers every week. I'm just not buying it. They've generated 10 turnovers in their first two games. Neither the Browns or the Colts looked good in either of their first two games. Despite all that, they're basically break even on the possession battle on offense (just over 30 minutes) and have moved the ball up and down the field even less than the Bills. By contrast, the Bills are only +2 in turnovers for the first two games combined. The Jets are near the top of the NFL in rushing offense and near the bottom in passing. I would expect the strategy of other teams at this point to be to force them to throw the ball. Pretty much what the Patriots did to Buffalo after the first series last weekend. Are any of the other teams a threat to the Patriots? So far, my answer would be no.

I'm not saying they are great or even good. I'm just saying, to me, them not putting up more than 20 on the Colts was due, in part, to their conservative approach once they got a lead. IMO.

I agree. I chalked it up to Coach Gailey knowing what Fitz will probably do if he just lets him pass pass pass. He's been there and done that. Now that he has a good D, I suspect he'll be happy to sit on leads if he gets them.