Rex press conference - TT/EJ = The present and the future

YoloinOhio

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, many of us reasoned this as well. The media clearly had their minds blown and are unable to grasp this concept.

From the transcript, it seems like Sully was the only guy belaboring the point about Cassel.

And nothing Jerry says or does should be classified as mind blowing....

IMO, he's just reacting to Sully's repeated badgering of Rex about Cassel...

which made no sense and that's why he was the only one to keep asking. Rex said that the two guys were really close in order and it was a difficult decision to make on who would be #2. They went with the vet, but they both played well enough that when the call came in they were ok with EJ in the role. I don't see the confusion. Cassel just wasn't that much better than EJ at this time. I also think Taylor has been good enough the first 2 weeks that they feel good about him entrenched as starter. Edited by YoloinOhio

I like that we have two young QBs with pretty decent potential. If Tyrod doesn't work out (though it's looking like he will), I'm confident EJ can step in and be productive. If it looks like EJ won't ever break the starting lineup, but shines when he gets opportunity, he could be a good trade chip to have.

Why is it so hard to understand that EJ Manuel is developing? He is getting proper coaching from an experienced staff that has developed a QB before and not from a rookie HC or rookie OC.

So why did we sign Cassel two weeks ago? Did EJ make a huge jump running scout team last week?

So why did we sign Cassel two weeks ago? Did EJ make a huge jump running scout team last week?

For exactly what happened. Maybe they tried to trade him before the season, had no takers, weren't going to take cap hit. Cut him, bring him back. People get hurt, trade him.

For exactly what happened. Maybe they tried to trade him before the season, had no takers, weren't going to take cap hit. Cut him, bring him back. People get hurt, trade him.

That doesn't fit the narrative that EJ sucks though so can you do another hypothetical scenario that plays out with EJ being traded or cut at this time? Edited by The Wiz

So they brought him back and took his cap hit on the off chance a QB went down elsewhere and they could move him?

alex smith... Kaepernick... Luck in college

Greg surely worked with Luck a lot as the TE/OL coach.

So they brought him back and took his cap hit on the off chance a QB went down elsewhere and they could move him?

I think more of they took him back on the off chance that Taylor was a camp stud and not a gamer just to be sure they didn't screw themselves over.

His cap hit was 600k. Really didn't break the bank on that one.

Edited by The Wiz

I think more of they took him back on the off chance that Taylor was a camp stud and not a gamer just to be sure they didn't screw themselves over.

His cap hit was 600k. Really didn't break the bank on that one.

Cap space is cap space.

I just don't see it making too much sense IMO. Unless EJ has been crushing it in practice. But even then, two weeks and the staff is convinced he's good enough to be the #2?

Edited by FireChan