Rex press conference - TT/EJ = The present and the future

YoloinOhio

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dumped Peyton for Luck, what are you on about?

What guarantee did they have that Luck would be a success?

See below

BuffaloHokie13, on 24 Sept 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

No team is going to give up a QB who's proven they can light it up for one they feel may be able to.

That is exactly what they did.

EJ's development will determine that. I'm not saying you're wrong. But I'm also not willing to sign off on what you saying being absolute.

I mean, the odds of Tyrod magically becoming a franchise guy are already pretty low. The odds that both of them become franchise guys? One of them who gets no playing time? If that happens, Doug should play the lottery.

So Luck is comparable to EJ now and Peyton breaking his spine and being 35 is comparable to a healthy 27 year old Tyrod Taylor?

You play dumb (a troll) very well. '

2012*+ DEN QB 13-3-0

2013*+ DEN QB 13-3-0

2014* DEN QB 12-4-0

Yes sir, Indy sure did do the right thing in dumping Old Man Peyton.

How much better would Luck be if he sat a year or two behind a HOF QB???

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

2012*+ DEN QB 13-3-0

2013*+ DEN QB 13-3-0

2014* DEN QB 12-4-0

So you're saying that even if Tyrod was 8 years older and coming off neck surgery we shouldn't let him go, right?

I mean, the odds of Tyrod magically becoming a franchise guy are already pretty low. The odds that both of them become franchise guys? One of them who gets no playing time? If that happens, Doug should play the lottery.

Look at Tannehill's contract. That's the a very REAL possibility for TT if he keeps improving.

One or both of them don't have to be "franchise" (I hate that term) guys for one to demand more money than he's worth, leading to him being supplanted by a guy who's not a HUGE step down in performance, but an ENORMOUS step down in cost.

All I get out of this is we bring Cassel back, mess with EJs head some more then ship him to Dallas for a measley 7th rd pick in 2017. It was evident in pre season that EJ started to make the transition. IMO we should of never ever brought cassel back. I and probably many others have the perception that cassel told the brass I am only coming back if I am the 2. If that is the case, and no one will ever know, then Its the same ole Bills to me.

Look at Tannehill's contract. That's the a very REAL possibility for TT if he keeps improving.

One or both of them don't have to be "franchise" (I hate that term) guys for one to demand more money than he's worth, leading to him being supplanted by a guy who's not a HUGE step down in performance, but an ENORMOUS step down in cost.

That's a real possibility because that's the modern NFL. If Taylor plays like Tanny, he'll get Tann'ys contract. 4k yards, 27 TD's and 12 INT's? Pay that man, full stop. No questions asked, IMO. No matter how good EJ looks in practice.

2012*+ DEN QB 13-3-0

2013*+ DEN QB 13-3-0

2014* DEN QB 12-4-0

They have the same playoff record the last 3 years, Luck costs nothing compared to Peyton in that span, and they'll have him for 12 more years, so yeah, they did.

Edited by FireChan

The actual confusing stance was two weeks ago. If EJ had played very well in the pre-season (as evidenced), he should have been made the backup QB. If the Bills wanted to use Casell's experience in breaking down films, they should have said so and made him the 3rd QB (effectively another QB Coach) and clearly let him know about that. They muddled it by giving in to Cassell's demands for being the backup QB.

Was it ever confirmed that Cassel demanded the #2 spot as a condition of his signing, or is that conjecture being treated as fact?

Reality bites!! The organization knows that if Tyrod plays lights out they will not be able to afford him when his contract is up.

If Tyrod "plays lights out" including playoff appearance(s), we'll figure out a way to pay him.

As to the present and future I think yall are reading too much into this. It think he just meant we have 2 young QBs who have played well so we should be good now and into the future. Not necessarily meaning one is present and the other if future IMHO.

So you're saying that even if Tyrod was 8 years older and coming off neck surgery we shouldn't let him go, right?

Fine you win! I can't do it any longer !!!

Cut TT NOW and let EJ play.

They have the same playoff record the last 3 years, Luck costs nothing compared to Peyton in that span, and they'll have him for 12 more years, so yeah, they did.

and they both got blown out in the playoffs. Indy vs Seattle, Indy vs Cheaters.

These are the same IDIOT Colts that have the same problem when Peyton was there. A QB that slings it and NO supporting cast @ RB or on D.

This the NFL - expect dumb things to happen.

Fine you win! I can't do it any longer !!!

Cut TT NOW and let EJ play.

and they both got blown out in the playoffs. Indy vs Seattle, Indy vs Cheaters.

These are the same IDIOT Colts that have the same problem when Peyton was there. A QB that slings it and NO supporting cast @ RB or on D.

This the NFL - expect dumb things to happen.

So, with equal playoff success, $20 mill in savings and 12 extra career years, you think the Colts made the wrong decision?

So, with equal playoff success, $20 mill in savings and 12 extra career years, you think the Colts made the wrong decision?

I do. They could have asked a king's ransom for that pick and used that to build a team around Manning. It may not have been what's best 6-10 years out, but it would have been better in the short run.

If course, I'm also of the belief that legends of the game carry more value than a cold calculation reflects.

Have they gotten any further? They have a young error prone QB who would have learned behind Peyton. So YES, the Colts made the wrong decision (in cutting Peyton).

WRT salary - what are they paying Luck in base salary on his rookie contract? $1 - $2 Mil a year?

Have they gotten any further? They have a young error prone QB who would have learned behind Peyton. So YES, the Colts made the wrong decision (in cutting Peyton).

FTR what are / were they paying Luck on his rookie contract?

Per Spotrac he's right at 5.5M per year for 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015