RIP Yogi Berra

CowgirlsFan

Also, WWII Gunner's Mate 1st Class Lawrence Berra, USN, providing gunship support 100 yards from Omaha Beach.

You know, I can't find a single coherent source for his wartime service. The only thing I can confirm is that he was a Gunner's Mate with the USS Bayfield (which would not have been 100 yards offshore) for Overlord and Dragoon, and was got a Purple Heart in Dragoon. Aside from that...stories have him on the Bayfield, detached from the Bayfield, in Italy, Groton CT, Iwo. It's weird. No two sources I've seen tell the same story.

I wonder what Yogi's last words were.

Knowing Yogi, his final words were probably something like "and THAT will be my last word......"

You know, I can't find a single coherent source for his wartime service. The only thing I can confirm is that he was a Gunner's Mate with the USS Bayfield (which would not have been 100 yards offshore) for Overlord and Dragoon, and was got a Purple Heart in Dragoon. Aside from that...stories have him on the Bayfield, detached from the Bayfield, in Italy, Groton CT, Iwo. It's weird. No two sources I've seen tell the same story.

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/ber0int-3

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5210564/ns/msnbc-countdown_with_keith_olbermann/t/yogi-berra-was-d-day/

Edited by \GoBillsInDallas/