"Experts" Picks Week 3 versus the Smelly Fish

CodeMonkey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the same people that thought we would beat the Pats now say we will lose to the Dolphins. hillarious how little they know

But it was such a beat down (if they watched the game) that I can see people feeling like they got fooled thinking we could beat the Pats. I think we're good because we have a lot of excellent players but I'm not positive. We beat a Colts team that now appears to be not very good and got smashed by the Patriots. I wouldn't think it's unreasonable to pick Miami even after picking us against the Pats.

This team IMO has a lot to prove. Again I think we'll be fine - but I'm not going to pretend that this isn't an important game to win - and I'm a little nervous.

Edited by Triple Threat

Miami will be a cake walk

Don't jynx it.

The Jags have improved so I wouldn't read into that loss. I will say both the Jags and Skins are ok, so I'm not annointing the FISH as legit. Their LB's are not that good, so how can our O-Line stack up aganist that front four to make some holes for the rB's. This is a game where McCoy should be important as he can get outside the pocket, and be used effectively in screens. It also takes some of the pressure off TT.

The Miami fans actually have a Bills look alike contest going on....I think they missed badly on Eric Wood but they nailed some others... all in good fun:

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?87171-**-Official-week-3-Buffalo-Bills-Look-a-like-Thread-**&s=ba4ac26bd1104ece5542d78d593b564e

The incognito comparison is hilarious.

"Incognito will bully you in a van down by the river" "Well lah-dee freekin dah"

The clay one was a nice burn.

they can have him back as far as i'm concerned. we're paying him Gronk type money and we aren't getting much of a return. not saying he's not a good player but if you aren't going to use him then what's the point?

they can have him back as far as i'm concerned. we're paying him Gronk type money and we aren't getting much of a return. not saying he's not a good player but if you aren't going to use him then what's the point?

I'm glad you've concluded all of that after two games. Well done.

Got to love ESPN Beat reporters...

For the BILLS vs FISH, Rodak Picks them, and Walker picks us....so their beat reporter likes our chances, our beat reporter likes their chances.

Even more of a hack job..

BILLS VS. DOLPHINS

Buffalo Bills: FiveThirtyEight pegs this game as the hardest to predict of Week 3, giving the Dolphins a 51 percent chance of winning compared to Buffalo's 49 percent chance. Ryan Tannehill has struggled both against the Bills' defense (21.4 QBR since 2013) and against Rex Ryan's defense (42.1 QBR against the Jets since 2013), but Tyrod Taylor is a complete unknown on the road as a starting NFL quarterback. He'll need to prove it before I can give the Bills the nod. Dolphins 21, Bills 17. -- Mike Rodak

Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are 30th in rushing and 27th stopping the run. That’s an awful combination. Add in the fact Buffalo has beaten Miami in four of its past six meetings, and this points toward the Bills winning on the road. Bills 20, Dolphins 17. -- James Walker

I'm glad you've concluded all of that after two games. Well done.

2nd highest paid player on our offense and you would never know it. not a factor if you don't give him the ball. i'm not concluding anything, stating a fact. they need him to be way more involved if they are going to justify paying him that much

2nd highest paid player on our offense and you would never know it. not a factor if you don't give him the ball. i'm not concluding anything, stating a fact. they need him to be way more involved if they are going to justify paying him that much

If you don't think "they can have him back as far as I'm concerned" is not a conclusion, then I don't know what to tell you. Judging the overall return on a player investment after two games is not a conclusion? Sure, got ya. Just the "facts" after two games.

@DonBanks

Went a humbling 7-9 with my NFL picks in an upset-strewn Week 2. How'd you do? I'm back for more in Week 3: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/25/nfl-week-3-picks-scores-predictions

dolphins-bills-week-3.jpg

Here’s the thing about the Ndamukong Suh “freelancing” story: Even if it’s one of those deals where the truth is kind of in the eye of the beholder as to whether he was going rogue or not, that there was even a question raised about his play is not a positive development, given Suh’s spotty track record. Just two games into Suh's Dolphins tenure, it only re-enforces the notion that Suh might not have been a wise investment, or is prone to march to his own tune when he sees fit. Both of these AFC East strivers came to earth last week, but the Dolphins should be primed to make amends in their home opener.

More surprises in store in Week 3?

Will Todd Bowles' Jets stay perfect this weekend -- thus ensuring continued futility for Chip Kelly's Eagles? Elliot Harrison picks his winners for the Week 3 slate.

MIA.png 27 BUF.png 23

This is perhaps the most difficult game to pick in Week 3. Can Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill exploit the Bills' secondary, à la Tom Brady in Week 2 (466 yards and three touchdowns)? Uh, no. Does that mean the 'Fins are destined to lose? No, again. We're putting our faith in Tannehill's decision-making at home. The concern for Miami is not only limiting big plays -- something the Dolphins were not able to do in last week's loss to the Jaguars -- but containing Bills QB Tyrod Taylor, who will be able to extend drives with his legs. Get ready for a fired-up Buffalo pass rush after an embarrassing performance in the loss to Brady's Patriots. This should be an AFC East slugfest. #BUFvsMIA

Got to love ESPN Beat reporters...

For the BILLS vs FISH, Rodak Picks them, and Walker picks us....so their beat reporter likes our chances, our beat reporter likes their chances.

Even more of a hack job..

This is kind of the thinking that fish fans i know down here. Everyone (fish phans) Thinks the Bills will beat the fish

However,they are gaining confidence in Tannehill and have zero confidence in Philibin.

Rodak is a pats*** fan no surprise on his pick.