Andrew Luck excuse thread

4merper4mer

This is a prime example of a GM that doesn't know how to build a team around a franchise QB. He has no defensive support, no running game, and no offensive line to protect him. He needs to grow with his supporting cast, not sign over the hill veterans and hope they can gel with Luck in a year or 2. That's just not gonna happen. Now he's getting banged up because his line can't protect him, has no running game to bail him out and this defense has been average at best. Grigson is wasting Luck's best years.

I have been arguing that that has been the Colt way for close to 20 years now.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigson's set up this team to fail and is among the worst GM's in football.

1. The way they keep neglecting their defense and that secondary showed their true issues tonight. Once Vontae Davis went down, it was over. Chan and Fitz kept attacking his replacement; a guy who's never played CB before. So instead of drafting a CB in the draft, and instead of developing Hilton and Montcrief, they draft Dorsett who's done NOTHING so far. Greg Manusky deserves better than this. He's a great defensive mind and in my opinion has done a great job with the crap players he has on defense and in the secondary.

2. Not sure why they have issues drafting a RB when there's been plentiful every year. Instead they decide to sign an over the hill RB after trading a 1st round for Trent Richardson. Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman, Matt Jones, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Karlos Williams, all would've been an upgrade over Gore. That entire scouting team needs to be fired.

3. Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard? A first rounder for Trent Richardson? Do I really need to say more?

4. He continues to neglect the offensive line. Outside of Costanzo and Herremans, this line is horrendous and can't protect Luck. Costanzo at best is a mediocre lineman. Even in the Manning days, he would've failed if it wasn't for that line. Jeff Saturday, Tarik Glenn, Ryan Diem that o-lines always been stacked.

Outside their OUTSTANDING 2012 draft, he hasn't done sht. Year after year, boneheaded offseason moves continue to derail Andrew Luck and the Colts. Until they figure out that defense and o-line, Andrew Luck will continue to fall short of the big show.

Once again Polian gets fired for being an A-hole and the owner thinks he can pluck any d-bag off the street to replace him. The franchise subsequently spirals around the toilet because even though he's an a-hole, he's fairly good at constructing football teams. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The point is he's playing injured so the OP gets to celebrate some delusionary compentency on the subject until he heals.

Non-ironically making an excuse here in this thread is actually pretty funny to me.

Edited by fridge

if you project his 6 games this season to 16 games he is on pace for 4,336 YDS and 35 TD

Around here we make t-shirts and fall in love with guys for having a beard and "being a gamer"

When is the last time a Bills QB threw for 4,300 YDS and 35 TD?

Keep in mind: Luck SUCKS now. He's a loser and a bust with those stats.

if you project his 6 games this season to 16 games he is on pace for 4,336 YDS and 35 TD

Around here we make t-shirts and fall in love with guys for having a beard and "being a gamer"

If you play out his W-L record to a 16 game pace, he would be 3-13.

I definitely don't think Andrew Luck sucks, but to say he's having a great season like you're trying to do is also a little crazy.

30 tds 28 ints and 3,801 yards over 14 games.

played six games. Missed two. Eight games left.

That's his season projected this year. Does Tyrod get yards and tds for games he didn't and won't play?

Edit: Adding Tyrod's projection

Tyrod over 14 games:

3,071 yards 25 tds 11 ints

Not bad for not being a superstar like Luck.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm not saying he is playing great, but he is playing better than anyone we've had here in a long time.

And he also has a record of playing well and winning a lot of games. That team is absolutely horrible.

I'll give you that haha. Never count the colts out. Time after time he rallies them back. It is crazy how teams let them back in.

I have actually grown to hate the Colts.

Three reasons:

1) They can't even give NE* a game, so they essentially act as a bye for NE* in the playoffs. It's disgusting and pitiful to watch and only enables the evil empire.

2) They are a soft, wimpy team which makes me want to see them crushed.

3) They get to play in a division where 3-5 can be a solid 1st place.

I have actually grown to hate the Colts.

Three reasons:

1) They can't even give NE* a game, so they essentially act as a bye for NE* in the playoffs. It's disgusting and pitiful to watch and only enables the evil empire.

2) They are a soft, wimpy team which makes me want to see them crushed.

3) They get to play in a division where 3-5 can be a solid 1st place.

4) They stole "their" team from Baltimore.

5) Their owner is an a-hole of the first magnitude.

6) They fell into getting 2 "once in a lifetime" QBs and think that's "normal".

7) They play in a dome.

8) They simply have not suffered enough.

4) They stole "their" team from Baltimore.

5) Their owner is an a-hole of the first magnitude.

6) They fell into getting 2 "once in a lifetime" QBs and think that's "normal".

7) They play in a dome.

8) They simply have not suffered enough.

9) Their QB is a N Korean dictator.