QB situations: take advantage

4merper4mer

Everyone thought that the Bills were weak at QB but a few weeks into the season we could be dealing from a position of strength. I have seen a few posts advocating trading Cassel to Dallas for a pick which is fine but doesn't really do much for us. I think if you dig a little deeper you could really be onto something. Whaley has proven an ability to wheel and deal with Shady and Hughes as proof.

Both the Eagles and Cowboys still have designs on winning and going deep into the playoffs and both have major issues right now. Bradford is not fitting in and Romo is hurt for quite a while.

I think he could pull of a real bait and switch like the following:

Trade Cassel to the Cowboys for a 6th.

Turn around and trade EJ for Bradford plus a second. EJ is much younger and fits Chip better, we'd get that 2nd.

Here's the kicker:

Immediately trade Bradford to Dallas.....where he fits much better than in Philly....for Cassell. Give them their sixth back and take their first.

Have an agreement with Dallas that when Romo gets back we take back Bradford give them back their first and take their 2nd.

So we end up losing EJ and getting a first and a 2nd or losing EJ and getting Bradford, 2 2nds. Dallas gets Bradford to beat NE and we get him back in time to help know their playbook before we play them in December.

Just stop already. Dallas doesn't want Cassel. They didn't want him when the Bills released him before and they don't want him now. Cassel has ZERO value. Assuming Phily would even be looking for a quarterback, they would be looking for someone that can run Chip Kelly's option. That is NOT EJ. Also, you must just completely ignore the fact that Bradford signed a 6-year $78 million deal with Phily with $50 million guaranteed. This idea that we'll trade Cassel for anything other than a half eaten fish taco just has to stop. It's beyond stupidity.

Everyone thought that the Bills were weak at QB but a few weeks into the season we could be dealing from a position of strength. I have seen a few posts advocating trading Cassel to Dallas for a pick which is fine but doesn't really do much for us. I think if you dig a little deeper you could really be onto something. Whaley has proven an ability to wheel and deal with Shady and Hughes as proof.

Both the Eagles and Cowboys still have designs on winning and going deep into the playoffs and both have major issues right now. Bradford is not fitting in and Romo is hurt for quite a while.

I think he could pull of a real bait and switch like the following:

Trade Cassel to the Cowboys for a 6th.

Turn around and trade EJ for Bradford plus a second. EJ is much younger and fits Chip better, we'd get that 2nd.

Here's the kicker:

Immediately trade Bradford to Dallas.....where he fits much better than in Philly....for Cassell. Give them their sixth back and take their first.

Have an agreement with Dallas that when Romo gets back we take back Bradford give them back their first and take their 2nd.

So we end up losing EJ and getting a first and a 2nd or losing EJ and getting Bradford, 2 2nds. Dallas gets Bradford to beat NE and we get him back in time to help know their playbook before we play them in December.

Outstanding. Whaley needs to pull the trigger on this immediately.

I like the thought put into this. Sounds crazy, sure. But no more crazy than if someone suggested we could get Shady in a straight-up trade. Chip is on the hot-seat, and may be looking for any QB that could help him. Although I think he would want TT over EJ, esp. if we got Bradford in return. That would be interesting. Not sure how I'd feel about that.

Just stop already. Dallas doesn't want Cassel. They didn't want him when the Bills released him before and they don't want him now. Cassel has ZERO value. Assuming Phily would even be looking for a quarterback, they would be looking for someone that can run Chip Kelly's option. That is NOT EJ. Also, you must just completely ignore the fact that Bradford signed a 6-year $78 million deal with Phily with $50 million guaranteed. This idea that we'll trade Cassel for anything other than a half eaten fish taco just has to stop. It's beyond stupidity.

If you read through the idea Cassel is just a head fake so we get Bradford from Philly then flip him. Philly would not trade Bradford to Dallas. Jerry would be on board with the trickery I'd have to guess. We end up with Cassel.