We talk too much?

KDIGGZ

Every national sports program and fan base is saying we got what we deserved because we talked too much during the week. They are killing us right now on Jim Rome. Can someone clue me in to why they are saying this?

1. Gronkowski is so good you could only cover him man to man with King Kong - ohh nooo how harsh!

2. Aaron Williams - "I don't like the Patriots, the way they carry themselves on the field." - oh what a BURN!

3. Marcel Dareus - "Don't no one like the Patriots." - this is true isn't it?

4. Football pumps for sale in the Bills store - yea and they will be for sale next game vs the Giants because they always are

5. "We want Tom!" - Yea you want to beat the best, we don't want any excuses from Pats fans

Oh wow I guess we really told them! Nice work spinning that national media.. Way to create a story when there isn't one

I guess the lesson here is don't feel confident in your football team. How dare we think we could beat the Patriots. I guess they showed us :rolleyes:

I agree that individually those things were not inflammatory but it was not the content that came back to bite us, it was the volume. This past week was a sh**show and Rex was the carnival barker. He allowed this game to be way bigger than it should have been. The Bills players were way too amped up & out of control. Yesterday's game seemed too big for them. It was the 2nd freaking game of the regular season, not a playoff game.

I don't believe necessarily that we "deserved" to lose for talking too much smack; that is Rome's MO, to create a storyline. We were outplayed and outcoached in all phases of the game. The next chess move is Rex's - let's see what he does with it.

I agree that individually those things were not inflammatory but it was not the content that came back to bite us, it was the volume. This past week was a sh**show and Rex was the carnival barker. He allowed this game to be way bigger than it should have been. The Bills players were way too amped up & out of control. Yesterday's game seemed too big for them. It was the 2nd freaking game of the regular season, not a playoff game.

I don't believe necessarily that we "deserved" to lose for talking too much smack; that is Rome's MO, to create a storyline. We were outplayed and outcoached in all phases of the game. The next chess move is Rex's - let's see what he does with it.

Was going to say something similar - I don't think it's that we talked too much, its that we believed all the talk that we heard.

The team was WAY too amped (hell, so was I, bouncing all around my living room) and it showed in their play. I think they also believed the hype - we hate these guys, it's our time, we're the more talented team, etc. Heck before the game on one of the shows they quoted an anonymous NFL exec saying the Bills D is punishing and intimidating and could be as good as the 85 Bears.

I think we believed the hype and let's hope that this slice of Humble Pie / Slap to the Face refocuses the team!

It was the volume of remarks, as stated above. We gave them some praise/respect, but we also spoke with too much confidence. Oooooh we dominated Colts, so we can definitely take the Pats? The Pats obliterated the Colts. Can't say I wasn't feeling good about the game too, but I knew it wouldn't be easy and the players definitely got it in their heads that the football gods already granted them the W because they deserved it.

Was going to say something similar - I don't think it's that we talked too much, its that we believed all the talk that we heard.

The team was WAY too amped (hell, so was I, bouncing all around my living room) and it showed in their play. I think they also believed the hype - we hate these guys, it's our time, we're the more talented team, etc. Heck before the game on one of the shows they quoted an anonymous NFL exec saying the Bills D is punishing and intimidating and could be as good as the 85 Bears.

I think we believed the hype and let's hope that this slice of Humble Pie / Slap to the Face refocuses the team!

I agree with your POV.

That's where having a calm, boring (on the outside) type of HC can help. We don't get that with Rex, which will be a worrisome thing to watch in the weeks ahead...

It was the volume of remarks, as stated above. We gave them some praise/respect, but we also spoke with too much confidence. Oooooh we dominated Colts, so we can definitely take the Pats? The Pats obliterated the Colts. Can't say I wasn't feeling good about the game too, but I knew it wouldn't be easy and the players definitely got it in their heads that the football gods already granted them the W because they deserved it.

That's a point I was making all last week as well. The Patriots absolutely dismantled the Colts in the AFC championship last year. The Patriots were a much better opponent.

I hope it's a good early season lesson for the team as they keep figuring things out. A lot of talent all the way around, just need to get into the team rhythm on O, D, and ST.

Every national sports program and fan base is saying we got what we deserved because we talked too much during the week. They are killing us right now on Jim Rome. Can someone clue me in to why they are saying this?

1. Gronkowski is so good you could only cover him man to man with King Kong - ohh nooo how harsh!

2. Aaron Williams - "I don't like the Patriots, the way they carry themselves on the field." - oh what a BURN!

3. Marcel Dareus - "Don't no one like the Patriots." - this is true isn't it?

4. Football pumps for sale in the Bills store - yea and they will be for sale next game vs the Giants because they always are

5. "We want Tom!" - Yea you want to beat the best, we don't want any excuses from Pats fans

Oh wow I guess we really told them! Nice work spinning that national media.. Way to create a story when there isn't one

I guess the lesson here is don't feel confident in your football team. How dare we think we could beat the Patriots. I guess they showed us :rolleyes:

Do you really think that's what the chant was about? :) Come on man :)

There was trash talk, billboards, fan chants. Far too much bull **** the week leading up to this game. The Pats and particularly Brady, took it in stride came out and cleaned the Bills clock in every way. And at the Ralph to boot. One of the talking heads, Jay Glazer I think it was on Fox, commented before the game that's how Rex rolls, he will always be a big talker which makes him a favorite with the media. But he warned that if you are going to talk like that, you had better be able to back it up or you are going to look very stupid. Now Bills Nation looks very stupid.

Live and learn, hopefully, and get ready to squish the fish.

So national media is giving the bills crap for the attention the national media gave them last week. Sounds about right.

:lol: Exactly. The talk before the game had no bearing on what happened between the white lines. As others have said, and as I kept saying yesterday after the game, it wasn't as if the Bills were being disrespectful in their "trash" talking. They said they wanted to win, they didn't like the P*ts (and really, who does?), and they weren't going to kowtow to them just because they have rings. That's NOT disrespect. That's not even trash talking. That's just being honest and motivated.

Did the emotions get the better of them? Sure looked that way. But that's not the result of talking. That falls on Rex and the coaches, as well as the leaders in the locker room for not being able to maintain poise.

We lost to the defending world champions by eight points. And it was closer than that sounds at the end of the game.

sorry, I have to disagree. It only got anywhere to 8 points b/c the Pats had the hubris to keep throwing the ball when they could have just handed the ball off and ran the clock. Props to the Bills for not mailing it in, but a poll on wgr550.com this morning showed 82% of respondents felt the game was as close as the final score would indicate.

We didn't get blown out. And why the !@#$ did we have to play them AGAIN when they're coming off a LONG time off? Unfrikingbelievable!

Did you watch the game or just look at the final score. The Pats got complacent, and bellycheat may have been trying to rub the Bills fans noses it near the end which led to the Bills getting a quick 2 TDs (which damn near cost him the game). With the exception of the first Bills drive, which was sweet, the only thing close about that game was the final score. But it's only 1 loss in the grand scheme of things, its now fish squishing time.

sorry, I have to disagree. It only got anywhere to 8 points b/c the Pats had the hubris to keep throwing the ball when they could have just handed the ball off and ran the clock. Props to the Bills for not mailing it in, but a poll on wgr550.com this morning showed 82% of respondents felt the game was as close as the final score would indicate.

But that's who the P*ts are. They are filled with hubris and get cocky far too often when they have the lead. Saying the "could have just handed the ball off" is revisionist. They didn't hand the ball off. They tried to go for the throat and the Bills stopped them, getting back into the game in the process. You can't just pretend that didn't happen -- just like the Bills can't pretend the first three quarters didn't happen.

Voting with their hearts, not their heads.

So national media is giving the bills crap for the attention the national media gave them last week. Sounds about right.

LOL

shaking head.

Yes, too much was said by the Bills and the mediots.

I prefer the media to pick against Buffalo because 9 or 10 times when the majority picks them they lose.

I like Rex showing emotion during the game. I hated how Jauron and Marrone especially would stand there stoic when something great happened.

What I think is over the top is all of the time and energy spent on the bluster before games. I think it only helps to make the very young players even less focused on the mission at hand. What you get is a rabid like frenzy that's all emotion and no logic. Sloppy, overly aggressive tunnel vision.

Ryan isn't just a coach. He's a leader of men - the majority of whom are still in their 20s. He needs to remember that.