One Day Later...

Virgil

I've reached stage 4, acceptance.

Overall, the most disappointing thing about yesterday is that it feels like we can't be better than 2nd place in the AFC. I feel like we can beat any team but the Pats right now. As for the emotion of it, I blame myself and Rex for putting myself and the players at that level and you could see it on the sidelines almost immediately. The Bills played out of control and dug themselves too much a whole. Yes, we came back at the end, but we never led the game beyond the first 5 minutes and the game shouldn't have been like that.

I also re-affirmed my hatred for Brady and Bilicheat. You can't convince me that they weren't trying to run up the score at the end so Brady could throw his 400th TD in our stadium as a point of FU. Their cockiness is what allowed us to come back more than anything. We were able to score on some broken plays. If they stuck to their gameplan, I don't think we came back even close.

But going forward, I do expect to win a lot of games. I do expect to be a playoff team. And yes, yesterday was just a crazy day in the NFL. Just look at survivor leagues.

Here are my concerns though going forward:

1. Is this what causes Rex to lose control of his teams? He gets them hyped up and when they start to lose, they eventually turn on themselves?
  2. Can Roman really gameplan where he uses his WR's? He didn't in San Fran and we haven't seen much of Sammy or Woods
  3. Can this team prepare and get to the points where beating the Pats isn't a fluke? Unless we beat them at home on Monday Night (doubtful), the road to the Superbowl will most likely go through Foxboro

There are still other questions, but I admit that it's too early to tell. I think that Tyrod will learn from this. I think that weird things happen on any given Sunday. But this just hurts so much more because this was our best opportunity to show we've arrived and we squandered it.

It's like being a boxer and knowing that no matter who you beat, there's that one guy out there who holds the title and can mess you up. How optimistic can you really get knowing that?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get it. the pats won by a td. yeah the d didn't play up to the level they should have. but it was a td it wasn't like the game was lost by 40. though the way a lot of the articles i've read are reacting you'd think they did. the ones that have cracked me up the most are the ones where they are in essence saying the bills should close up shop and fire rex because none of the mentioned will ever win. i do feel that the player leadership on the team was lacking. when young players lose it like that the leaders/veterans need to step up and say something. other than that it was just a loss. on to the next game

i don't get it. the pats won by a td. yeah the d didn't play up to the level they should have. but it was a td it wasn't like the game was lost by 40. though the way a lot of the articles i've read are reacting you'd think they did. the ones that have cracked me up the most are the ones where they are in essence saying the bills should close up shop and fire rex because none of the mentioned will ever win. i do feel that the player leadership on the team was lacking. when young players lose it like that the leaders/veterans need to step up and say something. other than that it was just a loss. on to the next game

Did you watch the game? The Pats got lazy and gave up a quick 2 TDs late which brought the score close. But no one could have watched that game and said the play was close.

I agree, there is no reason to overreact. Hope that Ryan and the team learns from their mistakes, licks their wounds, and is good to go Sunday against the Fish.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Did you watch the game? The Pats got lazy and gave up a quick 14 late which brought the score close. But no one could have watched that game and said the play was close.

I agree, there is no reason to overreact. Hope that Ryan and the team learns from their mistakes, licks their wounds, and is good to go Sunday against the Fish.

I agree, not panicking but they got their a$$es handed to them yesterday. If it wasn't for Bill's ego and wanting to run up the score by passing, the score would have looked a lot worse.

For most of the 4th quarter the Pats** only rushed 4 players from the DL

CBF

Here's the calculation for me: Wildcard > 9-7 > 15 years of futility.

Maybe if we sweep the Jets and Phins, split with the Pats***, and take care of business in our other games, we nail down an 11-5 and a wildcard. Maybe that's the first step to regaining dominance in the East. Not sure how we go from crap to AFC East champs in one season with the Pats*** as dominant as they are. I don't care how much we pay the D line or who the HC is.

Overall, the most disappointing thing about yesterday is that it feels like we can't be better than 2nd place in the AFC. I feel like we can beat any team but the Pats right now. As for the emotion of it, I blame myself and Rex for putting myself and the players at that level and you could see it on the sidelines almost immediately. The Bills played out of control and dug themselves too much a whole. Yes, we came back at the end, but we never led the game beyond the first 5 minutes and the game shouldn't have been like that.

Just for reference......after 15 years of missing the playoffs I would totally take being the 2nd best team in the AFC this year.......do you realize what a jump in the right direction that would be?

I also re-affirmed my hatred for Brady and Bilicheat. You can't convince me that they weren't trying to run up the score at the end so Brady could throw his 400th TD in our stadium as a point of FU. Their cockiness is what allowed us to come back more than anything. We were able to score on some broken plays. If they stuck to their gameplan, I don't think we came back even close.

I think all fans can get together behind the hatred of this this team. but......we have the perfect QB for broken plays....that is what makes him kind of special actually

But going forward, I do expect to win a lot of games. I do expect to be a playoff team. And yes, yesterday was just a crazy day in the NFL. Just look at survivor leagues.

1. Is this what causes Rex to lose control of his teams? He gets them hyped up and when they start to lose, they eventually turn on themselves?

Winning takes care of all that

1. Can Roman really gameplan where he uses his WR's? He didn't in San Fran and we haven't seen much of Sammy or Woods

Its early to worry about this....a lot of these guys didnt even play in the pre season.

1. Can this team prepare and get to the points where beating the Pats isn't a fluke? Unless we beat them at home on Monday Night (doubtful), the road to the Superbowl will most likely go through Foxboro

It doenst matter HOW we beat them.....we just need to beat them

There are still other questions, but I admit that it's too early to tell. I think that Tyrod will learn from this. I think that weird things happen on any given Sunday. But this just hurts so much more because this was our best opportunity to show we've arrived and we squandered it.

What will really help in his "learning" is for our offensive line to not commit penalties and not allow free blitzers

It's like being a boxer and knowing that no matter who you beat, there's that one guy out there who holds the title and can mess you up. How optimistic can you really get knowing that?

Or there could be teams out there that have more success against the pats then we did.....they could take on injuries....or they could not be playing as well come playoff time.......did any of these come across your mind?

The best team in week 2 is not necessarily the best team in week 16.

The Pats let us back in the game with their lax defense late in the 4th. When it was crunch time Tyrod pulled a Fitz with a bad throw that ended up being picked off on the possession that mattered the most. The game was never close. I can't begin to even convey to you all how much I hate the Pats, Kraft, Belicheat, Brady, Edleman, Gronkowski, and the rest of those :censored: faces from Beantown. Until we beat the living **** out of them when they are actually trying to do the same to us they have our number, Rex's number, whatever. The gameplan on Roman's part does need to be expanded though. We have three REAL weapons at WR, something he never had in San Fran. They need to be involved as well as our $38,000,000 TE. We have too many weapons for this team NOT to be successful. This is just one game in the end though and we already beat one of the odds on SB favorites in Indianapolis. The most troubling thing to me about the offense though is how Cordy Glenn has been getting handled the first two weeks of the season. He surely doesn't look like the top tier LT he is talked about being. I hope we straight whack these mofo's like it's a mob hit in Gillette Stadium, but until then I am not too worried about how we will fare against the rest of the NFL. We do actually have a GOOD team this year.

Just for reference......after 15 years of missing the playoffs I would totally take being the 2nd best team in the AFC this year.......do you realize what a jump in the right direction that would be?

I think all fans can get together behind the hatred of this this team. but......we have the perfect QB for broken plays....that is what makes him kind of special actually

1. Can Roman really gameplan where he uses his WR's? He didn't in San Fran and we haven't seen much of Sammy or Woods

Its early to worry about this....a lot of these guys didnt even play in the pre season.

1. Can this team prepare and get to the points where beating the Pats isn't a fluke? Unless we beat them at home on Monday Night (doubtful), the road to the Superbowl will most likely go through Foxboro

What will really help in his "learning" is for our offensive line to not commit penalties and not allow free blitzers

Or there could be teams out there that have more success against the pats then we did.....they could take on injuries....or they could not be playing as well come playoff time.......did any of these come across your mind?

So, hope the Pats get cold, injured, or another team beats them for us? I mean, how is that not a loser's mentality. I'm not saying that to insult you or anything as I typically like your posts. And yes, I will be happy making the playoffs if we do. It's more that we have the talent to beat them finally. Our strengths should absolutely play to their weaknesses and we still found a way to get embarrassed. We can't be seen as contenders as long as their is any team out there which has our number.

Even if we had lost, but it was more of an actual game, I'd feel very differently. Losing isn't what bothers me. It's the fact that we really didn't have a chance until their ego got in their way. It's the fact that our coaches just couldn't get this team ready. So yeah, until I see that chance and show itself on the field, it's hard to be optimistic that we will get past them.

We are a young team with a new HC, a new QB, a new offensive system, massive skill position talent, massive defensive talent...and a rebuilt OL....

This sort of thing takes time to "jell"

In week 2, we played the most jelled offensive systerm/personnel probably ever and a defensive genius as a coach who specializes in torturing new QB's.

We all got a little bit ahead of ourselves...we are going to learn from this and watch this team discover the ways in which it is going to win games for the next decade.

I look forward to the Monday Nighter later this season as a means for comparison!!

GO Muthafukng BILLS!!!!!!

Calm down. This game was a reality check. All good teams have them. I'd rather be humbled and brought back down to earth now than in the playoffs and I hope that after this game we don't play off of hype but rather we play with a chip on our shoulders. Now we again have to prove our selves and I think that will make our team play harder than it did. Also this week should give Rex time to make those halftime adjustments that he forgot to make last week...

This game the Bills defense was supposed to put their foot squarely on Tom Brady's throat and say "See, we are now going to be the best in the AFC East"!!

Not only did the foot miss the neck it went straight into Rex Ryan's big mouth. 466 yards passing set a franchise worst record, and the defense didn't even show up for this game. The Bills are now ranked 30th in total defense and that's down 26 from last seasons #4 ranking.

This years team has so many flaws right now, and the coaching seems to be the biggest problem.

• Is this what causes Rex to lose control of his teams? He gets them hyped up and when they start to lose, they eventually turn on themselves?
  • Can Roman really gameplan where he uses his WR's? He didn't in San Fran and we haven't seen much of Sammy or Woods
  • Can this team prepare and get to the points where beating the Pats isn't a fluke? Unless we beat them at home on Monday Night (doubtful), the road to the Superbowl will most likely go through Foxboro

Woods ran around uncovered quite a bit yesterday. TT is not seeing the field well. I noticed while at both games. It's either go route or screen with him the past two weeks. Not sure how much of that is by design, but I can attest there are WR running intermediate routes that are being missed.

anyone expecting to come out of the first 2 games 2-0 was highly optimistic. The Bills have to prove their worth. They have to prove that they are different from the Bills teams of the last 15 years. I'm OK with 1-1. I would not be surprised with a loss next week. I'm still feeling confident that the Bills finish the year 10-6 or better.

So, hope the Pats get cold, injured, or another team beats them for us? I mean, how is that not a loser's mentality. I'm not saying that to insult you or anything as I typically like your posts. And yes, I will be happy making the playoffs if we do. It's more that we have the talent to beat them finally. Our strengths should absolutely play to their weaknesses and we still found a way to get embarrassed. We can't be seen as contenders as long as their is any team out there which has our number.

Even if we had lost, but it was more of an actual game, I'd feel very differently. Losing isn't what bothers me. It's the fact that we really didn't have a chance until their ego got in their way. It's the fact that our coaches just couldn't get this team ready. So yeah, until I see that chance and show itself on the field, it's hard to be optimistic that we will get past them.

To be perfectly honest......beating the pats is totally secondary to me. I want my team to make the playoffs.

If we lose to the pats.....but made the playoffs this year I would consider it a total win. Sure beats not having a team to root for come playoff time.

Woods ran around uncovered quite a bit yesterday. TT is not seeing the field well. I noticed while at both games. It's either go route or screen with him the past two weeks. Not sure how much of that is by design, but I can attest there are WR running intermediate routes that are being missed.

Was at the game with my niece, she commented to me that Woods was open all day!

The thing I dont understand and never will is why Rex did not do the thing he does best - Blitz. He and everyone else knows the only way to get to Brady is to pressure him constantly and get him scared. A team, any team, CANNOT let Brady stand there and pick you apart. I dont care if you have 15 Revis Islands, Brady will win that duel every time. Haven't we learned that already!

The game is over and now it is time to learn and get things corrected. If we don't improve, then we are stupid or lack the ability. Taylor will improve, Roman will learn his players,,,,one would think the D will get stronger, the penalties should be correctable. I still think we are a playoff team, and the SUPER BOWL or bust mentality is just not where we are yet.