Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Anybody know how Lehner fared in Rochester? Did he play in games, or just practice?

Edit: sorry, I was lazy. Found the details -- 1-2-0 with an .888 save percentage and a 3.36 goals-against average in three games for the Amerks

Edited by eball

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know how Lehner fared in Rochester? Did he play in games, or just practice?

Edit: sorry, I was lazy. Found the details -- 1-2-0 with an .888 save percentage and a 3.36 goals-against average in three games for the Amerks

So he sucks. I guess Murray can't hit on everything.

I'm not expecting much from Lehner for a while...he's going to need time to get back to NHL game shape.

That said, if he can round into form after a few weeks, it would be interesting to see how he could handle the rigors of being the #1 over the final 1/3 of the season.

I think conditioning is Lehner's biggest issue. The concussion he suffered was very bad and he literally couldn't work out for months. He gained weight and reported to camp out of shape as a result. I think that lent itself to the high ankle sprain in the season opener. He is a big man to begin with and any extra weight he carries can't be good for the position. Short term, I think he is gonna continue to struggle. Perhaps mightily.

GO SABRES!!!

I think conditioning is Lehner's biggest issue. The concussion he suffered was very bad and he literally couldn't work out for months. He gained weight and reported to camp out of shape as a result. I think that lent itself to the high ankle sprain in the season opener. He is a big man to begin with and any extra weight he carries can't be good for the position. Short term, I think he is gonna continue to struggle. Perhaps mightily.

GO SABRES!!!

I was pretty surprised he had such a short conditioning stint in Rochester. He couldn't workout all off season and then hurts his ankle in game 1. Ankle is finally healed and he gets a 1 week conditioning assignment? I think it will take at least a month before he is close to being 100% in shape...

I was pretty surprised he had such a short conditioning stint in Rochester. He couldn't workout all off season and then hurts his ankle in game 1. Ankle is finally healed and he gets a 1 week conditioning assignment? I think it will take at least a month before he is close to being 100% in shape...

I don't understand why the Sabres didn't keep Lehner down in Rochester and give him a heavy workload down there? I recognize that Murray paid a premium to get Lehner so they want to see what they have in their investment. But as K-9 stated because of concussion related problems he hasn't had the ice time to make a determination as to what his prospects are.

From what I have seen of Ullmark he is a goalie worth developing. In hindsight, I would rather have kept our first round pick used on Lehner and used it on a top notch prospect in last year's draft.

I don't understand why the Sabres didn't keep Lehner down in Rochester and give him a heavy workload down there? I recognize that Murray paid a premium to get Lehner so they want to see what they have in their investment. But as K-9 stated because of concussion related problems he hasn't had the ice time to make a determination as to what his prospects are.

Well, it's not like he's going to ruin our playoff chances if he sucks. Let's see what he's got at this level.

I was at the final preseason game this year when he was in net, and it was ugly -- real ugly. I'm talking something like he let in 5 goals on 20 shots and we weren't even through the 2nd period yet. Crowd was getting on him too.

GMTM loves the guy, and I have some faith in him, but my expectations are low. I'm more interested to see how (if?) he improves over the course of the season.

ePseBWFy_200x200.jpg VS. hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpg

BRUINS (21-16-5) at SABRES (17-22-4)

FRI JAN 15, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Bruins' Pastrnak could miss game against Sabres

Season series: Rookie Jack Eichel had two goals and two assists for a career-high four points to help the Buffalo Sabres to a 6-3 comeback victory against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden on Dec. 26. Ryan O'Reilly and Eichel each scored two goals and Jamie McGinn also scored for the Sabres in the third period to erase a 3-1 deficit. Patrice Bergeron, Matt Beleskey and David Krejci scored for Boston.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 192)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 43 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 6 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (lower body, Jan. 5; injured reserve) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/11: Recalled D Mark Pysyk from conditioning stint in Rochester (AHL)
1/14: Recalled G Robin Lehner from conditioning stint in Rochester (AHL); Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Jan. 16: Washington at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 18: Buffalo at Arizona, 9 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 20: Buffalo at Colorado, 10 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 22: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 25: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

BRUINS at SABRES
This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Boston, 6-3, in Boston on December 26
Next meeting: Thursday, Feb. 4 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 5-4-1 at home.
This is the 279th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 121-115-42 series record.
The Sabres are 73-45-22 at home against the Bruins all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Lehner joins Johnson to form new goalie tandem. @duffersabres with the latest: http://bufsabres.co/w6yJFA

"I'm ready. I feel like I'm ready." Sabres welcome back @RobinLehner. Practice recap >> http://bufsabres.co/Ei4wSH

CYtyMQRWQAAgTR1.png
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

From what I have seen of Ullmark he is a goalie worth developing. In hindsight, I would rather have kept our first round pick used on Lehner and used it on a top notch prospect in last year's draft.

Maybe it's more about Ullmark than Lehner. Ullmark got a taste of the NHL and faired well for it being his first experience, but he would be better off playing just about every game in Rochester as opposed to maybe every other game in Buffalo. They can work Johnson and Lehner every other game and let Lehner ease back in, that might be their thinking....

I was at the final preseason game this year when he was in net, and it was ugly -- real ugly. I'm talking something like he let in 5 goals on 20 shots and we weren't even through the 2nd period yet. Crowd was getting on him too.

That goes along with not being able to work out all off season. Lehner was in (and still is in) a real tough spot, out of shape on top of being acquired in a questionable trade....

"It has been nearly a calendar year since Lehner played a complete game - a 25-save performance in Ottawa's 7-2 win over Edmonton on Feb. 14."

Edited by ricojes

Pysyk sitting again tonight. I don't get that

@pham1717

Bylsma said the defense is game-time. He said 3 didn't play in Minn because they had won. Said he will not have to wait for a loss to play.

@BillHoppeNHL

Why is Robin Lehner starting tonight? Why is Mark Pysyk still sitting? When will he play? http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/5039-2/

#Sabres #Buffalo

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@pham1717

Bylsma said the defense is game-time. He said 3 didn't play in Minn because they had won. Said he will not have to wait for a loss to play.

@BillHoppeNHL

Why is Robin Lehner starting tonight? Why is Mark Pysyk still sitting? When will he play? http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/5039-2/

#Sabres #Buffalo

I really think Pysyk is an above average player. Kind of get the feeling the organization does not see it that way.