Interesting stat on Edelman

YoloinOhio

@hsimon62: Julian Edelman career stats vs Ryan's Jets teams: 10 games, 60 targets, 38 catches, 367 yards and 1 touchdown

Thank you. That's very encouraging.

Averages out to 6 targets but just 3.8 catches, 36.7 yards and 0.1 touchdowns PER GAME.

I think Edelman is the primary example of what Aaron Williams was talking about yesterday when he said "the way they carry themselves on the field."

Edelman is a Doooosh. Capital D.

Would love to see Robey undercut him on one of those quick routes and take it the other way for six.

I think Darby follows him around. I want Robey available to play the slot and blitz.

I'm sort of worried about the rookie playing a shifty guy like Edelman...maybe that's just me. At this point in their respective careers I trust Robey's instincts more.

I'm sort of worried about the rookie playing a shifty guy like Edelman...maybe that's just me. At this point in their respective careers I trust Robey's instincts more.

I understand that sentiment, eball. For me, Darby's problems haven't been the "can't stick with 'em" variety, but rather getting beaten to the football in jump-ball/deep-ball scenarios. That's not exactly Edelman's game, nor is it the way that Brady**** targets him. Darby excels in sticking with the short-area quickness guys, so I'd prefer to let him do that with Edelman. if he's not up to the task, you can always move Robey on him, but the advantage that Robey offers in blitzing is too great to give up.

The other factor to consider is that I believe NE**** will play a LOT of 2-TE on Sunday, and I think you want Darby on the field as he'll hold up better against WR blocking on the edge of the field than Robey will.

I understand that sentiment, eball. For me, Darby's problems haven't been the "can't stick with 'em" variety, but rather getting beaten to the football in jump-ball/deep-ball scenarios. That's not exactly Edelman's game, nor is it the way that Brady**** targets him. Darby excels in sticking with the short-area quickness guys, so I'd prefer to let him do that with Edelman. if he's not up to the task, you can always move Robey on him, but the advantage that Robey offers in blitzing is too great to give up.

The other factor to consider is that I believe NE**** will play a LOT of 2-TE on Sunday, and I think you want Darby on the field as he'll hold up better against WR blocking on the edge of the field than Robey will.

That is a very good point.

im buying what your selling here.

@hsimon62: Julian Edelman career stats vs Ryan's Jets teams: 10 games, 60 targets, 38 catches, 367 yards and 1 touchdown

Close to ten yards a pop...ouch

Bellicheat is going to spread the offense wide and run. Mark my words.

He normally plays to his strength and thats not it. However he has to figure out a way to neutralize the blitz. Im kind of indifferent so the safe bet is he finds a way to cheat.