Matt Cassel now 1-0 as Bills starting QB

Utah John

Tyrod Taylor played great in relief, after starting QB Matt Cassel went to the bench after taking the first snap of the game.

Well, isn't that what happened? Why would the Bills do something like that?

Because our franchise qbs first win should be against the pats.

The league doesn't know who to give credit for the win to!

Check it out:

Taylor: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

Cassel: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CassMa00.htm

Tannehill: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm

Check out the "QB Rec" tab. Neither Taylor nor Cassel is credited with a win, but both were starters. Tannehill gets credit.

The league doesn't know who to give credit for the win to!

Check it out:

Taylor: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

Cassel: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CassMa00.htm

Tannehill: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm

Check out the "QB Rec" tab. Neither Taylor nor Cassel is credited with a win, but both were starters. Tannehill gets credit.

huh? Am I reading this wrong? G & GS for TT Buf 1 and 1

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

According to NFL.com, they both got credit for the start. I wonder if they're doing this as a way to appease Cassel? I sure hope not.

Why not? If it gets him some of his cash back and they push the cap hit to next year, then it shows the team cares about the players. This type of word gets around and will get other players to look well on the Bills. unlike the FJ thing.

Technically they are both 1-0. The Bills should be 2-0. They both started.

That's a good question. As it so happens, Rob Johnson still gets credit for a "win" against Indy in 1998 despite the fact that he played for 3 plays.

I don't believe the NFL assigns wins to ANY player, even the QB. Try to find QB wins and losses among official NFL stat records---the last time I check, they didn't exist. Coaches ARE assigned wins.

The FJ thing worked out a lot better for FJ than it might have, after all. I'm sure he took a big cut in pay, and he has to move his family, but he went to an NFL team that is going to use him. Beats getting cut in the last roster reduction, which is what probably would have happened.

I love FJ as a player. One of my top 5 favorite Bills, and I can remember back to the 1964 team. I wish the Bills could have won the SB with FJ on the roster. But the talent on the field could be better with him gone, as much as I hate suggesting that.

Getting back toward the topic, I don't think the players around the league will shun the Bills because they cut a 34 year old RB who managed to get signed by the Seahawks.

Getting back all the way to the topic, does anyone know for sure that Cassel gets extra cash for this play?

Edited by Utah John

The FJ thing worked out a lot better for FJ than it might have, after all. I'm sure he took a big cut in pay, and he has to move his family, but he went to an NFL team that is going to use him. Beats getting cut in the last roster reduction, which is what probably would have happened.

I love FJ as a player. One of my top 5 favorite Bills, and I can remember back to the 1964 team. I wish the Bills could have won the SB with FJ on the roster. But the talent on the field could be better with him gone, as much as I hate suggesting that.

Getting back toward the topic, I don't think the players around the league will shun the Bills because they cut a 34 year old RB who managed to get signed by the Seahawks.

Getting back all the way to the topic, does anyone know for sure that Cassel gets extra cash for this play?

Just a quick correction...FJ didn't move his family. His kids started scool here this year. He'll join the ranks of Kelly and Thurman as far as community involvement goes after he retires.

Laugh all you like, but he was ALL OVER THIS on Twitter last night like the punch bowl-pooping dick he is.

Just one of many reasons I completely ignore Twitter. Too many blowhards thinking their every stupid thought is important enough to share with the world. Even stupider are the people who "follow" these morons.

Seriously?? I figured you were just goofing. What an idiot.

Yeah, he's awful. It's like him and Rodak are in some sort of Troll Royale.

Just one of many reasons I completely ignore Twitter. Too many blowhards thinking their every stupid thought is important enough to share with the world. Even stupider are the people who "follow" these morons.

I have a list I follow on HootSuite of Bills Media. He's out of the rotation, mostly because he'll end up spamming the feed with his lame attempts at insulting his followers. He only shows up when one of my guys RT's him.

I have a list I follow on HootSuite of Bills Media. He's out of the rotation, mostly because he'll end up spamming the feed with his lame attempts at insulting his followers. He only shows up when one of my guys RT's him.

I recognize those as English words, but I have no freaking idea what they mean. Nor do I need to.

Haha, fair enough. I think it's a system that would work nicely for you, curates what you want, filters what you don't. But hey, old dogs, I guess. :nana:

Indeed. :lol:

I know I'm a trow-back, but I don't need my world curated. I'm a damn fine curator of my own world. I don't want or need suggestions from youtube. Can't stand "targeted advertising" as it is NEVER what I'm looking for. Don't need Amazon to make suggestions for me, based on my searches. I am perfectly capable of finding thing I need, on my own. I actually prefer it that way--as even I don't always know what I might want or like, before it happens.

Edited by The Dean

I know I'm a trow-back, but I don't need my world curated. I'm a damn fine curator of my own world. I don't want or need suggestions from youtube. Can't stand "targeted advertising" as it is NEVER what I'm looking for. Don't need Amazon to make suggestions for me, based on my searches. I am perfectly capable of finding thing I need, on my own. I actually prefer it that way--as even I don't always know what I might want or like, before it happens.

All of this. Plus, I want to watch the people who try to tell me what is "trending" to die slowly.

While I rarely benefit all the targeting you allude to, I fully welcome it with open arms.

All of this. Plus, I want to watch the people who try to tell me what is "trending" to die slowly.

Don't worry, they will. They'll reach life expectancy in about 60, 65 years.