Sept 2015: Will the Fed raise interest rates

/dev/null

Will the Fed raise interest rates  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Fed raise interest rates

Another totally uninformed post. If he responds with his usual low brow childish barbs at me I respond. But I almost never read anything he writes that is not addressed to me. So, you are wrong, as usual

Did you find another date for the harvest ball? I sure hope so but if you don't that's ok. Things tend to get better once you get into high school. Good luck kiddo. :thumbsup:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His posts actually make a lot more sense if you take what he says at face value, and realize that he really is just posting random phrases unrelated to anything being discussed because he hasn't read anyone's posts.

You mean he may be one of the proverbial infinite number of chimpanzees pounding away at an infinite number of typewriters that will eventually blunder out the complete works of Shakespeare?

Wouldn't that require him to have a working knowledge of how to peel a banana?

You mean he may be one of the proverbial infinite number of chimpanzees pounding away at an infinite number of typewriters that will eventually blunder out the complete works of Shakespeare?

Wouldn't that require him to have a working knowledge of how to peel a banana?

Hey now, don't discredit the work of the chimps by lumping gator in with them.

Awesome! I win! :thumbsup:

Another thing you're incorrect about. :lol:

(From your own source -- which is not a very good source BTW): "The Fed is an independent entity, but is subject to oversight from Congress. Basically, this means that decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the government, but Congress periodically reviews the Fed's activities."

So, yeah, you're still wrong.

Edited by GreggyT

(From your own source -- which is not a very good source BTW): "The Fed is an independent entity, but is subject to oversight from Congress. Basically, this means that decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the government, but Congress periodically reviews the Fed's activities."

All those details are nothing but obfuscation.

No, I am right, and you know it. That's why you clowns are all so angry.

What exactly are you saying the Fed is? I say, and have proved, its a regulatory agency. What are you saying it is? Just independent? That's all? Supreme Court decision don't have to be ratified or anyone else, but its still part of the government.

What exactly are you saying the Fed is? I say, and have proved, its a regulatory agency. What are you saying it is? Just independent? That's all? Supreme Court decision don't have to be ratified or anyone else, but its still part of the government.

You haven't proved it, and you're incorrect as your own sources say. The Fed is NOT a part of the US Government, it's not an agency of the US Government, it's an independent group of private banks.

Read your own sources. I know you're not the sharpest guy around, but this really isn't that controversial. For all your bluster you still haven't answered the question I posed ages ago. Why, if the Fed is beholden to the US Government, did the Fed Chair refuse to answer Senator Sander's question about where the 2.2 trillion went? If you can answer that question, you'll see why what you're arguing is so ridiculously stupid.

And there's the rub: gatorman's definition of "obfuscation" is clearly "disproving my deeply held but unsubstantiated belief that I am right."

No, I have no accused you of obfuscating on the fed being a regulatory agency. You just said that the link I provided did not say that, which was correct. I thought you were going to obfuscate the other link I provided that said it was a regulatory agency like Greegy did.

We're not angry. We're laughing at you. Because all you've proved is that you're an idiot.

Let me try this again:

The Fed isn't subject to executive orders, nor funded by Congressional budget. It has independent decision-making authority, and is basically a consortium of about 4000 independent banks organized by the regional Federal Reserve banks and the FOMC.

The fact that it's established by Congressional legislation is irrelevant...lots of things are established by legislation, but that doesn't make them part of the government. To argue that is to argue that Goldman-Sachs is part of the government because they're subject to regulation by the SEC...which is obvious bull **** to everyone but you.

No, I have no accused you of obfuscating on the fed being a regulatory agency. You just said that the link I provided did not say that, which was correct. I thought you were going to obfuscate the other link I provided that said it was a regulatory agency like Greegy did.

Your own sources don't say what you think they say, which is the problem. :lol:

You haven't proved it, and you're incorrect as your own sources say. The Fed is NOT a part of the US Government, it's not an agency of the US Government, it's an independent group of private banks.

Read your own sources. I know you're not the sharpest guy around, but this really isn't that controversial. For all your bluster you still haven't answered the question I posed ages ago. Why, if the Fed is beholden to the US Government, did the Fed Chair refuse to answer Senator Sander's question about where the 2.2 trillion went? If you can answer that question, you'll see why what you're arguing is so ridiculously stupid.

Can you post a link that supports your claim that its simply a banking group?

You said FEDERAL agency, dumbass. And it's not. It's possible for something to be regulatory, but not governmental. FINRA, for example.

Really, everyone has provided you countless examples demonstrating you're full of ****. Are you just not reading them?

Can you post a link that supports your claim that its simply a banking group?

Uh... your own sources support my claim, dumbass. So do the half a dozen others linked throughout the threads about this topic.

You said FEDERAL agency, dumbass. And it's not. It's possible for something to be regulatory, but not governmental. FINRA, for example.

Really, everyone has provided you countless examples demonstrating you're full of ****. Are you just not reading them?

Exactly. His original contention was that the word "Federal" in Federal Reserve was what designated it as an official part of the US Government -- which is about as idiotic as it gets.

No, now you are obfuscating...You guys have not provided a single anything to prove me wrong or to prove you are right. And you are also angry.

Its a Federal Regulatory Agency! Boom! B-)

Uh... your own sources support my claim, dumbass. So do the half a dozen others linked throughout the threads about this topic.

Exactly. His original contention was that the word "Federal" in Federal Reserve was what designated it as an official part of the US Government -- which is about as idiotic as it gets.

No, my source says what I said it does. Yes, Federal, as in Federal government. You guys just pointed out other things like Fed Ex have that name, good job, but not evidence

Have you provided a link showing how Federal Reserve is not part of government? Have you?

No, now you are obfuscating...You guys have not provided a single anything to prove me wrong or to prove you are right. And you are also angry.

No, my source says what I said it does. Yes, Federal, as in Federal government. You guys just pointed out other things like Fed Ex have that name, good job, but not evidence

Have you provided a link showing how Federal Reserve is not part of government? Have you?

We can't help you if you refuse to read your own sources. Nothing you've written is correct. It is NOT a Federal Regulatory Agency. Read your own sources.

Do you have an answer yet for how the Fed Chair could refuse to answer a Senator's question? Or are you going to keep playing this silly game where you pretend you know what you're talking about when you really do not?

We can't help you if you refuse to read your own sources. Nothing you've written is correct. It is NOT a Federal Regulatory Agency. Read your own sources.

Do you have an answer yet for how the Fed Chair could refuse to answer a Senator's question? Or are you going to keep playing this silly game where you pretend you know what you're talking about when you really do not?

So that's a no? No link, huh?

No, I have no idea how the Fed can refuse to answer a Sens question. What's the point?

You guys are funny

You mean THIS link?::

The Fed is headed by a government agency in Washington known as the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. The Board of Governors consists of seven presidential appointees, each of whom serves 14 year terms. All members must be confirmed by the Senate and can be reappointed. The board is led by a chairman and a vice chairman, each appointed by the President and approved by the Senate for four-year terms. The current chair is Janet Yellen, who took over for Ben Bernanke on February 3, 2014

.What else can you possibly want? You are saying I can't read that its a government agency?

Are you on drugs?

That's all we've done. Hell, I just did it again. The Fed's own description of the Federal Reserve describes it as an "independent central bank." The Federal Reserve Act describes it as an independent central bank. That's not "obfuscating," that's directly quoting the primary sources of information that prove you wrong.

No, it's not. It's a non-governmental regulatory body, overseen by a federal board (the Board of Governors.) That's your confusion: the BOARD is federal, the Federal RESERVE is not. Again, what you're arguing is that all investment banks are federal because the SEC oversees them, or all meat plants are part of the government because the USDA inspects them. Your reasoning is incredibly shallow and idiotic, even for you.

Yes, we have. You should try reading them.

.What else can you possibly want? You are saying I can't read that its a government agency?

Are you on drugs?

Apparently you can't, considering that says it's HEADED by a government agency. Which is not the same thing as BEING a government agency, you witless wonder.

So that's a no? No link, huh?

No, I have no idea how the Fed can refuse to answer a Sens question. What's the point?

You guys are funny

You mean THIS link?::

Are you on drugs?

It's amazing that you could read what I posted and respond with this. :lol: Let me know when you want to have a real conversation, !@#$tard.

And as for the bolded, if you don't understand the point being made then you don't understand what you're arguing. You should probably research it a bit and then come back to this topic. Or, keep making a fool of yourself because it really is hilarious.

Edited by GreggyT