Sept 2015: Will the Fed raise interest rates

/dev/null

Will the Fed raise interest rates  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Fed raise interest rates

I answered your post with as much insight and depth as you demonstrate in yours. The only difference is mine contained actual facts while your posts contain nothing but hostility, vitriol, and ignorance.

How exactly am I a parasite in your eyes? I'm gainfully employed, contribute to my community with both time and money, and despite your act I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with on this board, even with those who disagree with my takes.

No, you didn't answer anything at all. You are proving you know nothing of economics yet you started screaming about the devaluing of the currency as if it were a crime

And you are a parasite for constantly launching pointless ignorant attacks. You are obviously very bitter

You're wrong! Stop arguing!

No I'm not

You are telling someone else to stop arguing, wow!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you didn't answer anything at all. You are proving you know nothing of economics yet you started screaming about the devaluing of the currency as if it were a crime

And you are a parasite for constantly launching pointless ignorant attacks. You are obviously very bitter

I at least know the Federal Reserve isn't a part of the US government, which is more than you know on the subject. Man, there must be a whole lot of cobwebs in that noggin of yours. I may not know much about economics, but I know that you could probably get at least 100 bucks a month to rent out the empty space inside your head. You are misquoting me, misrepresenting my posts and its contents -- and you wonder why you continually miss the point.

You refuse to admit when you're wrong and lash out at everyone with unprompted insults and hostility... Clearly I'm the bitter one. :wacko: Your act is tired and old. Get a new one.

The funniest thing was when greggy posted a link to prove his point, and then I showed him it proved my point, so he said the link was lying. Lol! Remember that greggy? You said the government was lying and hence the Federal Reserve was a conspiracy. Enough said

I at least know the Federal Reserve isn't a part of the US government, which is more than you know on the subject. Man, there must be a whole lot of cobwebs in that noggin of yours. I may not know much about economics, but I know that you could probably get at least 100 bucks a month to rent out the empty space inside your head. You are misquoting me, misrepresenting my posts and its contents -- and you wonder why you continually miss the point.

You refuse to admit when you're wrong and lash out at everyone with unprompted insults and hostility... Clearly I'm the bitter one. :wacko: Your act is tired and old. Get a new one.

Thanks for finally admitting your ignorance! And if you think the fed isn't part of the government don't post links that states it is! Idiot!

The funniest thing was when greggy posted a link to prove his point, and then I showed him it proved my point, so he said the link was lying. Lol! Remember that greggy? You said the government was lying and hence the Federal Reserve was a conspiracy. Enough said

It is enough said because that's not what happened. I didn't say the government was lying, because the site I linked you to was the Federal Reserve's own website and they are not a part of the US government -- as their website makes clear. I also never made that (ridiculous) deduction. It helps if you have the ability to read and understand what's written in a post before you attack it. If you keep reinventing history in your own mind you're going to end up with a warped view of reality.

I'm an optimist who believes even Gator is capable of change and growth... but I'm often wrong so who the hell knows. ;):beer:

Yeah, I've been trying to inspire personal change and growth in him for years now, with my particular manner of elliptical and vicious elenchus. And it's not that it doesn't work - meazza used to be a complete dumbass, but he came around. It just doesn't work on reptiles like gatorman.

So don't hold your breath.

Is it optimism to see a pile of manure and think hey, that might help cause a flower to grow?

Of course not. He's a progressive. He's going to demand the government force someone to give him a flower.

"Another area of Board responsibility is the development and administration of regulations that implement major federal laws governing consumer credit such as the Truth in Lending Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and the Truth in Savings Act [see Consumer Information and Community Development]"

Interesting. That sounds like government responsibilities! Enforcing Federal laws...

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/frseries/frseri.htm

It is enough said because that's not what happened. I didn't say the government was lying, because the site I linked you to was the Federal Reserve's own website and they are not a part of the US government -- as their website makes clear. I also never made that (ridiculous) deduction. It helps if you have the ability to read and understand what's written in a post before you attack it. If you keep reinventing history in your own mind you're going to end up with a warped view of reality.

You are lying. I know what you said

"Another area of Board responsibility is the development and administration of regulations that implement major federal laws governing consumer credit such as the Truth in Lending Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and the Truth in Savings Act [see Consumer Information and Community Development]"

Interesting. That sounds like government responsibilities! Enforcing Federal laws...

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/frseries/frseri.htm

You are lying. I know what you said

You're incorrect on both counts. Still. It's staggering, this isn't a ground breaking theory that's being proposed to you. The Federal Reserve is not a part of the US Government at all. It's a private group of banks.

You're incorrect on both counts. Still. It's staggering, this isn't a ground breaking theory that's being proposed to you. The Federal Reserve is not a part of the US Government at all. It's a private group of banks.

Ya ya, and I'm also maggox

Oh look, there's a whole bunch of Independent government agencies! Is the EPA private also?

http://www.hg.org/independent.html

So this is a lie here? Is that your position?

"The Federal Reserve System fulfills its public mission as an independent entity within government. It is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution"

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_14986.htm

Edited by gatorman

Ya ya, and I'm also maggox

Oh look, there's a whole bunch of Independent government agencies! Is the EPA private also?

http://www.hg.org/independent.html

So this is a lie here? Is that your position?

"The Federal Reserve System fulfills its public mission as an independent entity within government. It is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution"

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_14986.htm

"It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress,"

You're wrong. Just stop.

No I'm not

You are telling someone else to stop arguing, wow!

You're a blind man trying to convince everyone the sky is hot pink.

Learn to read. Your own source material is telling you that you're wrong. :lol:

Within the government?

"It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress,"

Are you saying that since the post office can raise stamp prices without the approval of Congress or President its not part of the government either? You are an idiot

Within the government?

Are you saying that since the post office can raise stamp prices without the approval of Congress or President its not part of the government either? You are an idiot

You're using that (the ability to raise prices) as your argument? That is fantastic! BTW where does the USPS get its funding? Where does the Fed get theirs?

The Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 created the PRC—originally named the Postal Rate Commission—to set the rates for different classes of mail by holding hearings on rates proposed by the USPS.

The PRC is composed of five Commissioners—each of whom is appointed to a six-year term of office by the President and confirmed by the Senate

The Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 created the PRCoriginally named the Postal Rate Commissionto set the rates for different classes of mail by holding hearings on rates proposed by the USPS.

The PRC is composed of five Commissionerseach of whom is appointed to a six-year term of office by the President and confirmed by the Senate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_Regulatory_Commission

Well yeah but other than that it's exactly like the Fed. Well that and its funded by taxpayers. But others than those things it's just like the Fed. Well that and the employees are paid by the taxpayers. Other than that it's just like the Fed. Well that and the fact that employees' pensions are funded by the taxpayers. Other than that....aw crap ...lybob. Can you jump in here. You stick up for gator much better than I do.

Here you go, Gator, an oldie but a goodie. Riddle me this: If the Fed really does answer to the US Government and is in fact a part of the US Government, how can the Federal Reserve Chair willfully refuse to answer a basic question about the Fed's practices from a sitting US Senator with no consequences? $2.2 TRILLION dollars was lent out to anonymous banks, with no government oversight, as a matter of policy. How can that happen within a government agency?