Sept 2015: Will the Fed raise interest rates

/dev/null

Will the Fed raise interest rates  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Fed raise interest rates

It does not open. I'm not trolling at all. I've got the truth. You are under the sway of conspiracy theorists

You do not have the truth if your claim is the Fed is a branch/part of the US Government. Saying it is is a conspiracy.

If I were under the sway of "conspiracy theory" I'd point out that it's more than a little coincidental that the only two US presidents who tried to create interest free money both were both shot in the head in public... That's a conspiracy theory.

Saying the Fed is an independent entity not beholden to the federal government is just a fact.

Your Orwellian take on the world is creepy

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's Orwellian now to know the facts of an issue? No wonder you're struggling to read your own source material. You don't know what the words you're using, or reading, actually mean.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying the Fed is an independent entity not beholden to the federal government is just a fact.

It's only independent in the sense that it is insulated from polical pressures. It is totally financially integrated as I have shown. It performs a mission for the federal government. It was created by and for the federal government. It is a regulatory agency of the federal government as I have shown many times. Is Paul Solaman lying when he says its part of the federal gov?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's Orwellian now to know the facts of an issue? No wonder you're struggling to read your own source material. You don't know what the words you're using, or reading, actually mean.

Inside the government sure sounds like part of the government.

It's only independent in the sense that it is insulated from polical pressures. It is totally financially integrated as I have shown. It performs a mission for the federal government. It was created by and for the federal government. It is a regulatory agency of the federal government as I have shown many times. Is Paul Solaman lying when he says its part of the federal gov?

In as much as you've shown anything, it's proven you wrong. :lol:

I'm not sure who this Paul Solaman that you mentioned is but the Paul Solman who wrote the piece you linked is a PBS correspondent. I know as a liberal this may be very hard to understand or believe but just because he's in journalism does not mean he is right or even knows what he's talking about. No one is accusing him I lying.

Edited by Chef Jim

Sorry, Solman

In as much as you've shown anything, it's proven you wrong. :lol:

Solman is lying or wrong?

I'm not sure who this Paul Solaman that you mentioned is but the Paul Solman who wrote the piece you linked is a PBS correspondent. I know as a liberal this may be very hard to understand or believe but just because he's in journalism does not mean he is right or even knows what he's talking about. No one is accusing him I lying.

Ok, but he is an economist and knows a hell of a lot more than you blokes

Ok, but he is an economist and knows a hell of a lot more than you blokes

Uhhh no he's not. Teaching economics at a community college ( :w00t: ) does not make one an economist.

Solman is lying or wrong?

I have no reason to think he's lying so I'll go with wrong. Or better yet misinformed. Creating the curriculum at that CC probably takes up a lot of his time.

Keep digging... it'd be so much easier if you actually just did your own homework on this issue and realized you're wrong. Because you are. 100% wrong on nearly every level with what you've written above. Seriously, are you really this dense or are you just trying to keep your image in tact on this forum?

The Federal Reserve was not created to cater to the government or its citizens. It works with government on some levels, because the government is a huge client, but their primary mission and focus is on making their member banks more profitable. That's it. That's what it's there for. They DO NOT answer to the Federal Government when it comes to setting policies or interest rates. This has been clearly demonstrated by not only my linked sources (and other posters') but your own links. The Federal Reserve is a collection (or a cartel more accurately) of private banks working together to make the most money they can for their institutions. They are not part of, and never have been part of, the US Government. Saying that they are is in fact a conspiracy.

...And the Fed has no problem with low information folks like yourself assuming they're part of the government. They like you being dumb and in the dark. It makes it easier to screw you over -- which they've been doing for over 100 years now.

Edited by GreggyT

Keep digging... it'd be so much easier if you actually just did your own homework on this issue and realized you're wrong. Because you are. 100% wrong on nearly every level with what you've written above. Seriously, are you really this dense or are you just trying to keep your image in tact on this forum?

The Federal Reserve was not created to cater to the government or its citizens. It works with government on some levels, because the government is a huge client, but their primary mission and focus is on making their member banks more profitable. That's it. That's what it's there for. They DO NOT answer to the Federal Government when it comes to setting policies or interest rates. This has been clearly demonstrated by not only my linked sources (and other posters') but your own links. The Federal Reserve is a collection (or a cartel more accurately) of private banks working together to make the most money they can for their institutions. They are not part of, and never have been part of, the US Government. Saying that they are is in fact a conspiracy.

...And the Fed has no problem with low information folks like yourself assuming they're part of the government. They like you being dumb and in the dark. It makes it easier to screw you over -- which they've been doing for over 100 years now.

I'm not digging, I just don't buy your conspiracy theories. Sorry

He probably misunderstood the wikipedia article, just like you did.

Yes that's it! Anything! He MUST be wrong! :lol:

But it is beholden to the Federal Government. Who does it have to turn its profits over to?

Who gave it its mission statement that says it has to uphold full employment? That's not something bankers need worry about.

Chef, that's why its a conspiracy theory because he's claiming its not working for the nation's interest, at the general direction of the government, which it clearly is.

I'm not digging, I just don't buy your conspiracy theories. Sorry

You are digging, and you're the one pushing the conspiracy theory here. :lol::lol:

Explain why this is a conspiracy.

He can't.

But it is beholden to the Federal Government. Who does it have to turn its profits over to?

Who gave it its mission statement that says it has to uphold full employment? That's not something bankers need worry about.

Chef, that's why its a conspiracy theory because he's claiming its not working for the nation's interest, at the general direction of the government, which it clearly is.

If it was beholden to the Federal Government, by law and organizational principles, how then could the sitting Fed Chair refuse to disclose where 2.2 trillion dollars went when asked by the Senate?

... The truth is, if the Fed was what you think it is (and it's not), the Fed Chair could not refuse to answer such a question. But he did refuse to answer. Because the Federal Reserve is not beholden to, nor is it a part of, the US Government. It's primary focus is to make the most money possible for its member banks. All of which are private.

Again, you're wrong. :lol:

Edited by GreggyT

Why MUST he be right?

I trust him

If it was beholden to the Federal Government, by law and organizational principles, how then could the sitting Fed Chair refuse to disclose where 2.2 trillion dollars went when asked by the Senate?

That's what you are hung up on?

Give me a link to examine the question. Yes, I know you posted it before, but humor me

That's what you are hung up on?

Give me a link to examine the question. Yes, I know you posted it before, but humor me

I'm not hung up on "that", it's just a clear cut, real world example of the Federal Reserve being a completely independent entity. This is 2.2 trillion they are talking about, which even by your standards is enough money to worry about. Here's the full clip again:

You are a silly little troll

... That might be your WEAKEST answer yet. You're asked a direct question about your stance and he's the troll? :rolleyes::rolleyes: