A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

I don't even mind the semi-prevent that led to the 3rd Q score. If you told me at 24-0 I could trade 8 points for 10 minutes, I might be ok with it. And it took some huge breaks and horrible reffing for that to even happen.

I hear ya!!! Look at what happened to the Giants last night, and even to Pete Carroll in the super bowl. Running out the clock might not look glorious, but the idea is to WIN football games.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod's 88.2 QBR was the 5th highest total a Bills QB has had in the last 10 years (in his 1st career start). You firmly believe that EJ would have played one of the 5 best games a QB has played in the last 10 years?

EJ had the highest QBR in the preseason in the league, and by a wide margin over other Bills. So by your logic placing all important on QBR then you're the one with the "firm belief" EJ performs better, a conviction I never stated

EJ had the highest QBR in the preseason in the league, and by a wide margin over other Bills. So by your logic placing all important on QBR then you're the one with the "firm belief" EJ performs better, a conviction I never stated

You're free to think and assume whatever you want, but the highest QBR EJ has ever posted in a regular season game is 76.2. Regardless, the Bills are 1-0 and beat an assumed Super Bowl Contender in their home opener. Let's just be excited instead of making up make believe stats for players who didn't play.

To the bolded:

• because Boobie has a role on ST
  • You make it sound like zero catches for Sammy (yes, he had 0, not 1) is his fault - ("low production effort"); not exactly. Was a combination of other factors, i.e., not getting targeted enough, defense took him out of the game, QB missing a progression, etc. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to say "not going to get down on Sammy."
Other comment: what's the over/under on Solomon alluding to "getting to the second level" ?...... :doh:
I'm not making the early call its Watkins but it stands to reason on this roster someone will be left out in getting the touches/targets they deserve. Just not enough balls to go around.

11 pages on a classic Bill thread and no mention of Kyle dropping into middle coverage on a few blitz schemes. Granted, it looked funny, but he's a space eater in an area the QB expects an opening from the blitz. Instead, I've seen a few posters B word he was invisible. Luck didn't go there so it appeared Kyle didn't do anything on the plays. When in doubt, go with what Rex says.

Just a hunch, but with a couple lanky D-players at DL & LB, there may be more of this next Sunday to counter Gronk -and to a lesser degree, Chandler & little crossing receivers.

11 pages on a classic Bill thread and no mention of Kyle dropping into middle coverage on a few blitz schemes. Granted, it looked funny, but he's a space eater in an area the QB expects an opening from the blitz. Instead, I've seen a few posters B word he was invisible. Luck didn't go there so it appeared Kyle didn't do anything on the plays. When in doubt, go with what Rex says.

Just a hunch, but with a couple lanky D-players at DL & LB, there may be more of this next Sunday to counter Gronk -and to a lesser degree, Chandler & little crossing receivers.

He did it in the Bears game last year and got the game-sealing INT.

How about a BIG shoutout to the fans in attendance? I was at the game and none of us sat down the ENTIRE game. Best experience I've had at RWS by far. It was louder than I personally have ever heard and just stood up the whole game out of pure love for the team.

The fans were great made it tough on the Colts offense all day. Now Sunday double it. The Cheater** must go down!

How about a BIG shoutout to the fans in attendance? I was at the game and none of us sat down the ENTIRE game. Best experience I've had at RWS by far. It was louder than I personally have ever heard and just stood up the whole game out of pure love for the team.

A darn shame some of the younger Bills fans never made it to Rich Stadium during the late 80's, early 90's when the stadium actually had more seats, and held more fans. The noise level was crazy back then for the playoff games. I particularly liked the Raiders 51-3 AFC Championship, and the comeback games.

I'm really hoping the Bills get to have another Championship home game soon so the current fans can feel the real craziness that surrounds a game like that.

A darn shame some of the younger Bills fans never made it to Rich Stadium during the late 80's, early 90's when the stadium actually had more seats, and held more fans. The noise level was crazy back then for the playoff games. I particularly liked the Raiders 51-3 AFC Championship, and the comeback games.

I'm really hoping the Bills get to have another Championship home game soon so the current fans can feel the real craziness that surrounds a game like that.

That was one special game. Supposedly the weather was HORRIBLE. I remember being there, with my coat off, and not being cold at all. The electricity from the crowd kept me warm.

Can't help when I was born man lol. But yeah I agree 100%. I will most certainly be at the Bills 1st home playoff game because we haven't even made it to the playoffs since 3 years prior to me being a fan of the team.

we haven't even made it to the playoffs since 3 years prior to me being a fan of the team.

Likewise. 2002 was the first season I paid any passing interest.... been pretty much an avid fan (as in watch every game) since the NFL made it easier for fans based abroad to do so in about 2008.