"Experts" Picks - Week 1 vs the Colts

CodeMonkey

I sincerely hope the refs allow us to play defense on downfield passes. It's unlikely though. We'll either see Darby getting toasted or getting flagged. I like the kid, but rookies do not get the benefit of the doubt, especially against Luck and their veteran wideouts. Being at home should help that I guess, but I'm still worried. I'm fine if they call it tight as long as it goes both ways and their line isn't permitted to hold all day. I hate to make it about the refs, but I really do worry about the timing of having a great defense. One or two I'll-timed penalties can kill a whole game worth of strong defense. Corbin Bryant may end up the player of the game. The man is legit and has a real nice opportunity in the spotlight here.

Darby will make some plays too. He's usually in good position.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills running attack will dominate the time of possession. Luck has no run game, even with Gore. So all he will do is pass, pass, pass. Our front 7 will tee off on him. He can throw at Darby all day if he wants. We'll have safeties expecting that. I'm seriously not worried about this game.

they won't be able to run on us. pass a lot and complete some. there will be turnovers, including Darby getting a pick. we will run and pass effectively enough to win. Bills win, Bills win, Bills win! there, I agree with PTR. oh and by the way Bills win!

@DonBanks

Get your NFL Week 1 predictions while they're hot. They're better that way. Weekend Pickoff time. http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/10/nfl-week-1-picks-scores-predictions

bills-colts-week-1.jpg

Logic says the Andrew Luck versus Tyrod Taylor matchup at quarterback spells success for Indianapolis, with Taylor likely due to make his fair share of mistakes in the first start of his five-year NFL career. But I think the Bills will be jacked sky-high (maybe too high) for the dawn of the franchise’s much-anticipated Rex Ryan era, and I’m projecting Buffalo’s talented defense to make just enough happen to protect its home turf. The Colts get an early season wake-up call in their Super Bowl-or-bust season.

Time for some action! Who will prevail in Week 1?

The last time Russell Wilson and Co. visited St. Louis, the Seahawks were sacked by Robert Quinn and the Rams. Can Seattle exact revenge? Elliot Harrison forecasts the opening week's games.

IND.png 23 BUF.png 20

Maybe the coolest matchup of Week 1. Can't wait to see this high-powered Colts offense, with Andrew Luck driving the bus and newcomers Frank Gore and Andre Johnson along for the ride. Except maybe Luck should be the kind of bus driver that Bill Parcells used to refer to -- a game manager, in Tuna-speak. Luck has thrown many interceptions in his young career, but that high volume of turnovers has been the result of a high volume of pass attempts. Buffalo's pass rush will be champing at the bit to force Luck into mistakes. And make no mistake, the front seven is a mismatch for Indy's offensive line. Gore earns his paycheck this week. By the way, is he too old yet? (No.) #INDvsBUF

I'd prefer if an elite QB did not pick on our rookie CB, but that is just me. Love the optimism... I think it will be a huge test for us considering many are predicting the Colts and Luck to take the next step this year and make it to Santa Clara.

Corey Graham will be Darby's best friend. Graham is an underrated CB, and will be there shadowing Darby against their WR. I like Robey as a nickel, and agree with PTR. Gore is slowing down so they will be one dimentional. I can see us placing Luck on his butt all game long. I just wish we had Dareus.

I see it...they are more of a superbowl team then the Bills, they have an elite QB who still hasn't come close to reaching his ceiling. We have no one who is proven at the most important position in the game.

Day 1 of proof for TT is Sunday.