"Experts" Picks - Week 1 vs the Colts

CodeMonkey

I'd prefer if an elite QB did not pick on our rookie CB, but that is just me. Love the optimism... I think it will be a huge test for us considering many are predicting the Colts and Luck to take the next step this year and make it to Santa Clara.

Don't worry about it. Since the Superbowl is in SF this year it's an absolute lock for them to make it. I live in Sacramento and that's about a 2 hr drive to Santa Clara. I have suffered through 25+ yrs of heartbreak so you see the stars are aligned and I as well as all of you will be rewarded this year. You can all crash at my house for a giant Superbowl party before we take a charter bus to Levi Stadium. I can see it all now...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it. Since the Superbowl is in SF this year it's an absolute lock for them to make it. I live in Sacramento and that's about a 2 hr drive to Santa Clara. I have suffered through 25+ yrs of heartbreak so you see the stars are aligned and I as well as all of you will be rewarded this year. You can all crash at my house for a giant Superbowl party before we take a charter bus to Levi Stadium. I can see it all now...

Nice. I'm from Vacaville and live in Danville.

How did you get away with that username?? Lol

I'd prefer if an elite QB did not pick on our rookie CB, but that is just me. Love the optimism... I think it will be a huge test for us considering many are predicting the Colts and Luck to take the next step this year and make it to Santa Clara.

Most of those predictions come from people who look at the QB and nothing else. The Colts' roster is significantly flawed. They'll win their division because they still get to play Tennessee and London twice, but I'd bet Houston takes one of two this season.

all of them are about 500 from last year, any douche could have records like those. I predict 11-5, so thats it then, book it.

Cortana, FWIW, picked right 67% of the time over the last season. Now it shows the Colts winning chance at 53.3%. Well within the margin of error, particularly week 1. So like CBS and seemingly all non-Bills fans, Cortana sees the game as pick'em.

I see it...they are more of a superbowl team then the Bills, they have an elite QB who still hasn't come close to reaching his ceiling. We have no one who is proven at the most important position in the game.

Colts were 19th in the league in Defense- points allowed last year. What have they done to get better? They drafted very heavily on D and made some FA signings.

At DL They signed Kendall Langford and drafted Henry Anderson in the 3rd and David Parry in the 5th. So it's a total overhall. Is it an upgrade?

At LB, they signed Nate Irving, who is listed with the "2s" and Trent Cole released the Eagles. 3 of the 4 haven't changed (Walden, Jackson, and Freeman). Trent Cole is an awesome player, but how much does he have in the tank at 32?

At DB, they signed Dwight Lowery released from the Falcons. 3 of the 4 haven't changed (Toler Adams and Davis).

So they have made changes...have they made enough changes to go from 19th to top-10?

Bills running attack will dominate the time of possession. Luck has no run game, even with Gore. So all he will do is pass, pass, pass. Our front 7 will tee off on him. He can throw at Darby all day if he wants. We'll have safeties expecting that. I'm seriously not worried about this game.

my thoughts exactly. I think the Bills are going to run at will over most teams this season. There is nothing more demoralizing for a defense then not being able to stop the run. One added bonus of our much improved offense, will be that the defense will be better rested. So many 3 and outs last year. Wait until you see this years D with some rest! Pressure for Luck will be intense!