"Experts" Picks - Week 1 vs the Colts

CodeMonkey

CBS with Spread (Bills + 2.5): 4 pick the Bills, 4 pick the Colts (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/against-the-spread/1)

CBS Straight Up: 4 pick the Bills, 4 pick the Colts (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/1)

ESPN: 7 take the Bills. 6 and the computer take the Colts. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/1/seasontype/2)

Microsoft Cortana: Colts win, 53.3% chance. (FYI Cortana was correct 67% of the time last season) (http://www.cortanapredictions.com/cortanax27s-predictions/week-1-picks-are-here)

FiveThirtyEight: 52% Bills 47% Colts (http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/)

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Pitiful Pete Prisco have a more douche photo?

I like this game. I see a resemblance to Percy from The Green Mile. Here's another, Johnny Manziel reminded me of Archie from Rob Roy. Once I get these in my head it somehow changes how I think of them. In some cases, I think look-a-likes do fit a proper perception.

I'm surprised we're getting so much love already. The Colts came in second in the AFC East last year, and we missed the playoffs... the National media has been questioning if Rex is effective (considering his last coaching job didn't end well), if McCoy is over the hill, and if any of our QBs can complete a pass... really weird predictions early on.

I sincerely hope the refs allow us to play defense on downfield passes. It's unlikely though. We'll either see Darby getting toasted or getting flagged. I like the kid, but rookies do not get the benefit of the doubt, especially against Luck and their veteran wideouts. Being at home should help that I guess, but I'm still worried. I'm fine if they call it tight as long as it goes both ways and their line isn't permitted to hold all day. I hate to make it about the refs, but I really do worry about the timing of having a great defense. One or two I'll-timed penalties can kill a whole game worth of strong defense. Corbin Bryant may end up the player of the game. The man is legit and has a real nice opportunity in the spotlight here.

I'm nobody, but I think we win straight up.

can i join the club?

my worry is the 4th quarter and Luck coming back.

Maintaining discipline 4 qtrs by both players and coaching on defense. Dont be a smartass Rex. not yet anyways, save that crazy **** for Billy's Boys

I sincerely hope the refs allow us to play defense on downfield passes. It's unlikely though. We'll either see Darby getting toasted or getting flagged. I like the kid, but rookies do not get the benefit of the doubt, especially against Luck and their veteran wideouts. Being at home should help that I guess, but I'm still worried. I'm fine if they call it tight as long as it goes both ways and their line isn't permitted to hold all day. I hate to make it about the refs, but I really do worry about the timing of having a great defense. One or two I'll-timed penalties can kill a whole game worth of strong defense. Corbin Bryant may end up the player of the game. The man is legit and has a real nice opportunity in the spotlight here.

They start Darby thats all i will be watching all game. and i dont want to do that.

They start Brooks and roll him help. Not having Leo is really a big deal all of a sudden. who woulda thunk it.

Corbin is as good as you say as far as i am concerned.

But both our corners like to grab laundry.

Bills match up well. We have an elite defensive line and an offense that should be able to run the ball against their defense. The home field gives the Bills the edge.

Bills running attack will dominate the time of possession. Luck has no run game, even with Gore. So all he will do is pass, pass, pass. Our front 7 will tee off on him. He can throw at Darby all day if he wants. We'll have safeties expecting that. I'm seriously not worried about this game.

Bills running attack will dominate the time of possession. Luck has no run game, even with Gore. So all he will do is pass, pass, pass. Our front 7 will tee off on him. He can throw at Darby all day if he wants. We'll have safeties expecting that. I'm seriously not worried about this game.

I'd prefer if an elite QB did not pick on our rookie CB, but that is just me. Love the optimism... I think it will be a huge test for us considering many are predicting the Colts and Luck to take the next step this year and make it to Santa Clara.

I'd prefer if an elite QB did not pick on our rookie CB, but that is just me. Love the optimism... I think it will be a huge test for us considering many are predicting the Colts and Luck to take the next step this year and make it to Santa Clara.

Taking the next step is easier if you have some elite talent to go with the elite QB. Look at the Colts roster like we look at the Bills and tell me you see a SB team?

Taking the next step is easier if you have some elite talent to go with the elite QB. Look at the Colts roster like we look at the Bills and tell me you see a SB team?

I see it...they are more of a superbowl team then the Bills, they have an elite QB who still hasn't come close to reaching his ceiling. We have no one who is proven at the most important position in the game.