• Spikes
    • Searcy
    • Nick O'Leary

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are pretty thin at linebacker, so we are one injury away from regretting the Alonso trade. (I may be biased, because I now have an obsolete Alonso jersey)

Our LBs are flexible at the different LB positions. IK is on the practice squad and can play meaningful reps in this league. So, we are at least two injuries away from needing another LB.

Also there is a difference between guys having good years elsewhere and Buffalo regretting letting them go. I think Chandler and Spiller will have good years in systems that utilise their skills (New England use TEs effectively and New Orleans use backs as pass catchers out of the backfield) but I don't think Buffalo is going to regret letting either go. The only guy who we let go who I think could have been a major contributor here now and into the future in this system is Alonso and the point is that we got something very good in return.

Also there is a difference between guys having good years elsewhere and Buffalo regretting letting them go. I think Chandler and Spiller will have good years in systems that utilise their skills (New England use TEs effectively and New Orleans use backs as pass catchers out of the backfield) but I don't think Buffalo is going to regret letting either go. The only guy who we let go who I think could have been a major contributor here now and into the future in this system is Alonso and the point is that we got something very good in return.

I totally agree on everything!

Seems like we have to evaluate how the player will do in his new team, and what we have replaced the player with (what kind of hole, if any, is left to the Bills). That being the case I have to go with Kiko. Fred will be missed because we liked him and he probably has one or two good years and he is reliable, but we have McCoy and some good backs. Chandler will play well in New England, but we have five very good tight ends. I think the issue. I'm not sure about the linebackers at this point and if pressed I'd have to go with Kiko. I'm beginning to lean toward none of the above...but maybe I'm too much of an optimist about this year's team.

I think CJ and Chandler will be nice role players for the new teams.

Kiko, assuming his knee completely heals, will be a good starter.

If we have any trouble stopping the run, we'll obviously miss Spikes.

But I voted Freddy.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Freddy or Searcy.......We've had bad injury luck with running backs in recent past and we're thin in the secondary, with McKelvin out 'till October, we could have bumped Graham to DB and been serviceable......as it stands, we're talking about putting Darby, a rookie back there against elite QBs.......

well the AFC champs and the NFC champs both wanted Fred.

is anyone else on the list pursued by conference champs?

Bad mojo cutting Fred he never was fast. He is smart.

And good at picking up the blitz. Young QB's like that stuff.

I remember gannon last year said FJ was the best in the league at blitz pickup