Week 1: Colts' Game Preparation - Are You Ready?

26CornerBlitz

This was one of my favorites:

"He'll come at us with a million different blitzes and then try and pound the rock with McCoy. But the middle of the field is also exploitable. No Kiko Alonso there so the TEs should have a field day."

Kiko was shutting down TE's all of last season.... right?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I have been thinking would be the best thing to do. Put Darby on the smaller, faster Hilton and give him a little help and Gilmore alone on the bigger, stronger Johnson.

Db1 solo on wr2 with WR1 doubled by cb2 and a safety is a pretty common blend

Db1 solo on wr2 with WR1 doubled by cb2 and a safety is a pretty common blend

Colts fans are really high on their 1st rd pick, Dorsett, from what I've read. I wonder how much Hilton will end up in the slot in 3WR packages. Do they leave Darby alone on their rookie and roll safety help to Robey, or see if he can hang with Hilton alone?

Grantland's 17 Fearless and Arbitrary Predictions for the 2015 Season

8. Tyrod Taylor will (almost) start a revolution. The Bills are putting together something special. It’s like they took “It’s so crazy it might work!” and made it the official team policy . . . .

I like how his reason for us going 8-8 is bad karma from cutting Fred Jackson :lol:

Colts fans are really high on their 1st rd pick, Dorsett, from what I've read. I wonder how much Hilton will end up in the slot in 3WR packages. Do they leave Darby alone on their rookie and roll safety help to Robey, or see if he can hang with Hilton alone?

No way I'd leave Darby on an island with TY.

Grantland on Why to Watch Bills-Colts Now/Later

Watch Now: Tyrod Taylor! I don’t think Buffalo’s starting quarterback is going to be very good, but I’m really excited to see what on earth he looks like during any sort of serious playing time in this bizarrely assembled Bills offense. Maybe this is the weirdly incompatible shopping list from Chopped . . . .

Grantland's 17 Fearless and Arbitrary Predictions for the 2015 Season

8. Tyrod Taylor will (almost) start a revolution. The Bills are putting together something special. It’s like they took “It’s so crazy it might work!” and made it the official team policy . . . .

So which Grantland piece is right? :blink:

Neither. The first has us losing the Colts. The second has us missing the playoffs.

Edited by Robert James

I just watched the Browns/Colts game from last year, which I thought might be a representative comparison to the upcoming Bills game. Pettine definitely flustered Luck a couple times with blitzes from unusal angles, causing 14 points directly off turnovers. And the Browns were able to run up the middle. With Arthur Jones out, our ball control is key. I'm sure Gore will give them a little more pep than Richardson but none of the other playmakers on that team besides TY performed that well. I think if we can get 180-200 yards passing from Tyrod and win the turnover battle (which likely means not playing from behind), I like our chances.

Gilmour on Johnson, and Darby on TY with safety help over the top. I expect TY to get 120 yards in their scheme. Just limit AJ and Moncrief and Fleener and the rookie to manageable numbers. Now if we fall behind by more that a score than we're playing right into their strength. The other wildcard is being in a 1-score game against luck is like doing so against Brady and Rogers. Gimme that 10 point lead at the 2-minute warning and I'll feel better.

Solomon Wilcots: "Tyrod Taylor is very intriguing" (12:10)
CBS Sports Analyst Solomon Wilcots, part of the broadcast team calling the Colts-Bills game, joined The John Murphy Show to give his thoughts on an "unknown" Tyrod Taylor and what to look for from both teams on Sunday.

Very good interview with Wilcots who offers interesting and insightful analysis.

Bills AFL Champions set to return for halftime ceremony
Former Bills DT Ron McDole recalls his memories from the Bills 1964 and 1965 AFL championship teams as he and 17 of his teammates return to Buffalo for a special halftime ceremony on Sunday.

Coffee with the Coach Presented By Tim Hortons (3:59)

Chris Brown sits down with Head Coach Rex Ryan to talk about defensive communication, game planning for Andrew Luck and the Colts and Tyrod Taylor's first career start.