Week 1: Colts' Game Preparation - Are You Ready?

26CornerBlitz

Oh, that game. I and three friends killed a beer ball (an actual sphere of suds, not our resident moderator) in the parking lot beforehand. The birth of the hurry-up K-Gun.

That game should've been 34-10...both Beebe and McKeller dropped easy TD passes in the first half that ended up being FGs.

I also remember Biscuit laying out Jeff George.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday's injury report

Click here to find out the latest injury information for the Bills heading into this week's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Chuck Pagano provides Colts's Injury Updates: http://www.scout.com/nfl/colts/story/1584747-colts-depth-chart-lists-two-rookie-starters

Tyrod Taylor: "I Lead By Action" (8:19)

The Bills quarterback talks about if he'll be nervous on Sunday, getting his timing down with players who've missed practice, what he thinks of the Colts defense, and what he learned from Joe Flacco.

@pwilson24

#Colts head coach Chuck Pagano says CB Greg Toler is still "week-to-week" with neck injury. That suggests CB Darius Butler starts Sunday.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: #Colts QB Andrew Luck on facing the blitz ... "We try to relish it and welcome it" http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/09/andrew-luck-on-facing-the-blitz-we-try-to-relish-it-and-welcome-it/

@pwilson24

OLB Robert Mathis looked good in practice Wed., per #Colts coach Chuck Pagano. I expect No. 98 to be situational pass rusher at Buffalo.

@ChrisBrownBills

DE Mathis the question mark for Colts http://wp.me/plmrg-bCi

‏@BuffaloBillsPR

#400Club: The @buffalobills next victory will mark the club's 400th all-time win (regular season + postseason).

Ok, that wasn't very promising at 7.4 wins per season even if the first 18 years (1978 was the first 16 game season for the younger fans) were 14 game seasons.

We did have excellent years in the mid 60's, very early 80's, and the historic 88-99. Let's get back to that trend and move that number up to 500 much faster.

LeSean McCoy stamps himself ready to compete

Bills RB LeSean McCoy was a full participant in practice Wednesday in his return from a hamstring injury and said he'll be good to go for the season opener Sunday.

09-09-2015: Pagano Press Conference (14:06)

Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano gives an injury update on his players, talks about how they practiced in the rain today to prepare for what the weather is going to be like in Buffalo, and how the team is preparing for LeSean McCoy to play for the Bills in Sundays game.

Kyle Williams: "We have the greatest fans" (4:06)

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams talks about defending the Colts offense under Andrew Luck, how the fans will play a big part, and the excitement heading into week one.

@JohnMurphyShow

We've got two pairs of tickets to give away for the #Bills opener Sunday. You've got to phone in to win-we're on the air 7-9pm

@JohnMurphyShow

The #Bills '64-'65 AFL Champs will be honored Sunday. We're live with "The Dancing Bear" DE Ron McDole at 830pm

@salmaiorana

#bills play by play man John Murphy joins me to talk about the start of the season on the latest SalSpeak podcast https://soundcloud.com/sal-maiorana-bills/sept-9-the-john-murphy-episode

When I look at Indy's schedule from last year, they benefitted from a pretty easy schedule (thanks to playing in a weak division). Other than a win over Baltimore in October, I don't see a win over a high quality team. Okay, I will count a 27-0 drubbing of the Bengals as a quality win too. Our biggest win was a 21-13 W over Green Bay, so we know we can play with the big boys (who don't break the rules).

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site Common Opponents

1 September 7 at Denver Broncos L 24–31 0–1 Sports Authority Field at Mile High

2 September 15 Philadelphia Eagles L 27–30 0–2 Lucas Oil Stadium

3 September 21 at Jacksonville Jaguars W 44–17 1–2 EverBank Field

4 September 28 Tennessee Titans W 41–17 2–2 Lucas Oil Stadium

5 October 5 Baltimore Ravens W 20–13 3–2 Lucas Oil Stadium

6 October 9 at Houston Texans W 33–28 4–2 NRG Stadium

7 October 19 Cincinnati Bengals W 27–0 5–2 Lucas Oil Stadium

8 October 26 at Pittsburgh Steelers L 34–51 5–3 Heinz Field

9 November 3 at New York Giants W 40–24 6–3 MetLife Stadium

10 Bye

11 November 16 New England Patriots L 20–42 6–4 Lucas Oil Stadium

12 November 23 Jacksonville Jaguars W 23–3 7–4 Lucas Oil Stadium

13 November 30 Washington Redskins W 49–27 8–4 Lucas Oil Stadium

14 December 7 at Cleveland Browns W 25–24 9–4 FirstEnergy Stadium

15 December 14 Houston Texans W 17–10 10–4 Lucas Oil Stadium

16 December 21 at Dallas Cowboys L 7–42 10–5 AT&T Stadium

17 December 28 at Tennessee Titans W 27–10 11–5 LP Field

When I look at common opponents of Indy and Buffalo, the teams were more even last year than our records would suggest...

• We each lost to the Broncos by a touchdown
  • We lost to the Pats** by 15 (ignoring our week 17 win over Garropollo), the Colts lost by 22
  • We beat the Browns by 16, the Colt squeaked by with a 1-pt victory
  • They beat the Texans twice by 5 and 7 points. We lost by 6 points and we (the fans) were punished, being force to watch J.J. Watt's pick-6 over and over on the highlights.

Is Indy still a tough opponent? Yes. Are they out of our league? No way. Some of the other posters have pointed out that our running game should take advantage of their poor run defence and our D-Line should control the line of scrimmage while Luck may have fun exploiting our rookie CB.

I like our chances with a new (and is it premature to say improved) offence lead by Roman that the Colts have no film on with our personnel. I expect we will run the clock with a steady run game to minimize the number of drives that Luck has to play with. Our defence won't shut down the high flying Colts offence, but I trust Rex to build a game plan to cause plenty of disruption for Luck.

My prediction... Bills 23 Colts 21

Go Bills!!

FP

Edited by Forward Progress

When I look at Indy's schedule from last year, they benefitted from a pretty easy schedule (thanks to playing in a weak division). Other than a win over Baltimore in October, I don't see a win over a high quality team. Okay, I will count a 27-0 drubbing of the Bengals as a quality win too. Our biggest win was a 21-13 W over Green Bay, so we know we can play with the big boys (who don't break the rules).

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site Common Opponents 1 September 7 at Denver Broncos L 24–31 0–1 Sports Authority Field at Mile High Bills L 17-24 2 September 15 Philadelphia Eagles L 27–30 0–2 Lucas Oil Stadium 3 September 21 at Jacksonville Jaguars W 44–17 1–2 EverBank Field 4 September 28 Tennessee Titans W 41–17 2–2 Lucas Oil Stadium 5 October 5 Baltimore Ravens W 20–13 3–2 Lucas Oil Stadium 6 October 9 at Houston Texans W 33–28 4–2 NRG Stadium Bills L 17-23 7 October 19 Cincinnati Bengals W 27–0 5–2 Lucas Oil Stadium 8 October 26 at Pittsburgh Steelers L 34–51 5–3 Heinz Field 9 November 3 at New York Giants W 40–24 6–3 MetLife Stadium 10 Bye 11 November 16 New England Patriots L 20–42 6–4 Lucas Oil Stadium Bills L 22-37 (ignoring our week 17 win) 12 November 23 Jacksonville Jaguars W 23–3 7–4 Lucas Oil Stadium 13 November 30 Washington Redskins W 49–27 8–4 Lucas Oil Stadium 14 December 7 at Cleveland Browns W 25–24 9–4 FirstEnergy Stadium Bill W 26-10 15 December 14 Houston Texans W 17–10 10–4 Lucas Oil Stadium 16 December 21 at Dallas Cowboys L 7–42 10–5 AT&T Stadium 17 December 28 at Tennessee Titans W 27–10 11–5 LP Field

When I look at common opponents of Indy and Buffalo, the teams were more even last year than our records would suggest...

• We each lost to the Broncos by a touchdown
  • We lost to the Pats** by 15, the Colts lost by 22
  • We beat the Browns by 16, the Colt squeaked by with a 1-pt victory
  • They beat the Texans twice by 5 and 7 points. We lost by 6 points and we (the fans) were punished, being force to watch J.J. Watt's pick-6 over and over on the highlights.

Is Indy still a tough opponent? Yes. Are they out of our league? No way. Some of the other posters have pointed out that our running game should take advantage of their poor run defence and our D-Line should control the line of scrimmage while Luck may have fun exploiting our rookie CB.

I like our chances with a new (and is it premature to say improved) offence lead by Roman that the Colts have no film on with our personnel. I expect we will run the clock with a steady run game to minimize the number of drives that Luck has to play with. Our defence won't shut down the high flying Colts offence, but I trust Rex to build a game plan to cause plenty of disruption for Luck.

My prediction... Bills 23 Colts 21

Go Bills!!

FP

Must be nice to have 7 bye weeks and get 6 wins.

Yahoo Sports: Colts-Bills Preview

Rex Ryan has vowed to build a bully in Buffalo. His first challenge is no pushover, however.

The colorful coach leads the Bills into their most anticipated season in years Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts, who enter 2015 with the highest expectations possible.

@WGRZ

Sports Director @AdamBenigni joined by veteran NFL reporter @salmaiorana for a preview of Sunday's home opener. http://on.wgrz.com/1hZnYZc

Ron Darby: "It's About Being In Better Position" (3:21)
CB Ron Darby talks about the differences in playing CB in the NFL versus college, facing top-notch receivers in week 1, his film study habits and more.

Thanks for the links. That actually isnt too bad of a board. Some decent conversations and points.