High school players intentionally tackle ref

Acantha

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the most screwed up thing I have ever seen. My senior year at my catholic hs we had to teach CCD classes after church on sunday. Kinda like a senior project for us. My mentor at the church was a long time local referee. The next game he reffed at my HS he went out his way to call me for two phantom holding penalties just to make sure there was no nepotism. It was hard enough trying to teach a bunch of preteens on a sunday morning with a raging hang over.

Completely unacceptable. That official could've seriously been injured. He had no way to know that was coming. Those kids at a minimum should be booted off the team. There's no excuse for that.

Booted off the team? I know you said at a minimum but I agree with Beerball and they should be charged with assault. Sorry not should be.....need to be.

Booted off the team? I know you said at a minimum but I agree with Beerball and they should be charged with assault. Sorry not should be.....need to be.

I think they need to be as well. I was erring on the side of least punishment but after watching it again my punishment was way too light.

Absolutely. And if any coach gave them instructions to do so, he should be charged as well. Anyone involved should be kicked off the team and not allowed to play for the rest of their tenure in high-school. Any coach involved should never be able to coach kids again.

Some have suggested they be expelled from school, but I'm not sure about that. I think getting these bozos an education might be a good thing.

And if the Ref actually made a racist remark, that needs to be addressed, too. Though I think that was a convenient lie to defend their actions---but I don't know for sure. But this isn't how you go about dealing with a racist remark, if it is true.

Could be, I haven't seen anything more than what I read early on

And if the Ref actually made a racist remark, that needs to be addressed, too. Though I think that was a convenient lie to defend their actions---but I don't know for sure. But this isn't how you go about dealing with a racist remark, if it is true.

It's sad when you read comments on the article on fb or other social media where people say the ref deserved it or if he was making bad calls he deserved it, or they see nothing wrong with what happened. There is absolutely NO reason for this kind of thing to happen. If the ref offended you or said something racist (one of the excuses I've seen) then notify your coach and let them handle it. These idiots could've paralyzed or killed this man with their actions. I can't wait until their parents come out and say how they can't believe how hard it is on their kids now and it's a game and they don't deserve to be punished, it's not their fault etc. that's next in the process, right?