Bills should not have lost that game. BS offsides call.

I'm watching the replay of the game. On 4th down, Brooks made a great tackle, and the refs called #75 for lining up in the neutral zone. I rewound, and he was not lined up on the neutral zone. Every part of his body was behind the blue line that indicates the line of scrimmage. It was a bs call. They scored on the next play.

I don't think they looked all that bad last night. Guys were playing hard.

From the NFL rulebook:

Neutral Zone:
The space the length of a ball between the two scrimmage lines. The offensive team and defensive team must remain behind their end of the ball.
Exception: The offensive player who snaps the ball.

He was offsides.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I'm watching the replay of the game. On 4th down, Brooks made a great tackle, and the refs called #75 for lining up in the neutral zone. I rewound, and he was not lined up on the neutral zone. Every part of his body was behind the blue line that indicates the line of scrimmage. It was a bs call. They scored on the next play.

I don't think they looked all that bad last night. Guys were playing hard.

The blue line isn't official, which might change things for you

I'm not too upset. It's preseason and these guys are practice squad at best. Yeah they worked hard and all, but youre treating them like they actually play for us. They werent playing to win for the Bills, they just wanted to get noticed, and whether or not the team that noticed them was the Bills, was irrelevant. And thus, I personally have no more emotional attachment to their success than I do to those Detriot players, who otherwise would have lost the game on a "questionable no-call." Just sayin.

I could not care less who won or lost that game, but it seemed to piss off the coach. There were plenty of boneheaded plays to go around.

However, if that call was not made, we would have had the ball, and Detroit would not have scored that touchdown.

I think it was a bad call, but that's fine.

I could not care less who won or lost that game, but it seemed to piss off the coach. There were plenty of boneheaded plays to go around.

However, if that call was not made, we would have had the ball, and Detroit would not have scored that touchdown.

I think it was a bad call, but that's fine.

It's not worth arguing over, but the rule states that no part of the player can be with a football's length of the blue line of scrimmage. He was within that football length, imo.

I watched it live and it looked to me like his foot was painted blue by the TV line. He was inching back just before the ball was snapped, so he may not have been offsides by the tiniest of margins. I knew what the penalty was as soon as I saw the flag. Within the margin of error of most ref calls, I would not argue that one.

I watched it live and it looked to me like his foot was painted blue by the TV line. He was inching back just before the ball was snapped, so he may not have been offsides by the tiniest of margins. I knew what the penalty was as soon as I saw the flag. Within the margin of error of most ref calls, I would not argue that one.

Agreed, I saw it that way too. Sometimes they get away with it, but I knew immediately what the flag was for.

A lot of people are brushing this off as just preseason, but it's important for us as fans to get into regular season form. If you can't get on board for complaining about an unjust outcome now, do you really think you can just turn that on when things count for real?