Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often during the season would reporters even observe scout team work? I think not much. When observing in camp and EJ is running scout team what types of mistakes might you see? They are theoretically running their opponents offense against a superior defense. What should happen? Should EJ challenge the defense with downfield throws into tight/nonexistent windows or throw checkdowns, scramble/throw the ball away and take sacks? The latter does him nor the defense any good. Does the camp media even take this into account? I would read reports saying EJ's with the 3rd team against the #1 defense without any context.

Running scout team may have been the coaching staffs' idea to speed up EJs decisions, make him better utilize space and time and force him to challenge defenders once they decided he wasn't in the running for the #1 job. Sort of like taking batting practice at 50 ft. to help increase bat speed.

That's much of the problem with camp reports -- the lack of context. Sort of like EJs horrible 4th and 3 pass. Well, it was tipped and the majority of observers missed it. That sort of thing happens alot, especially when one is predisposed to ripping EJ.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

If you don't want Taylor nitpicked then I suggest you and others stop the Manuel bashing.

BTW, there is nothing fair or reasonable about you framing EJ's preseason as having "had a very nice two quarters of a preseason game".

This place is well-known for it's season-long heated QB debates, I'm surprised you guys want to take it there so soon.

How old are you? Grow up!

How often during the season would reporters even observe scout team work? I think not much. When observing in camp and EJ is running scout team what types of mistakes might you see? They are theoretically running their opponents offense against a superior defense. What should happen? Should EJ challenge the defense with downfield throws into tight/nonexistent windows or throw checkdowns, scramble/throw the ball away and take sacks? The latter does him nor the defense any good. Does the camp media even take this into account? I would read reports saying EJ's with the 3rd team against the #1 defense without any context.

Running scout team may have been the coaching staffs' idea to speed up EJs decisions, make him better utilize space and time and force him to challenge defenders once they decided he wasn't in the running for the #1 job. Sort of like taking batting practice at 50 ft. to help increase bat speed.

That's much of the problem with camp reports is the lack of context. Sort of like EJs horrible 4th and 3 pass. Well, it was tipped and the majority of observers missed it. That sort of thing happens alot, especially when one is predisposed to ripping EJ.

You mean the one that was tipped by a Steelers' Lineman? :rolleyes: I was LMAO at Tasker during the game when he was killing EJ for that pass.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz