Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

This shouldn't have been a surprise although emotionally I"ll miss Fred. You could just depend on Fred. It makes sense with too many RB's, we needed money for Dareus, and the Cassel restructure.

If the cap goes up again next year which is expected as CBS, and Fox will compete for 16 games for Thursday nights. If that happens, we'll have the money for Bradham, Glenn, and Gillmore.

It will great for once we retain our top talent, vs. watching them go off to other teams. Whaley looks like a genius with the drop off from Byrd, and even Levitre.

19-0 Baby!!!!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

CBS Sports reports that Bills granted Fred Jackson permission to find new team in March; reached deal with Steelers: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25299754/fred-jackson-actually-had-a-deal-in-place-with-the-steelers-in-march

Whaley really doesn't come off well in any of this. I know his apologists are fond of saying "it's business" but those who engage in deceptive business practices are generally looked down upon.

Whaley really doesn't come off well in any of this. I know his apologists are fond of saying "it's business" but those who engage in deceptive business practices are generally looked down upon.

Short of carrying him on the 53 is there any path here that would make him look good to you?

The open honesty of "I'm being pushed to keep you but will dump you if I can" would've been a good look?

Edited by NoSaint

Short of carrying him on the 53 is there any path here that would make him look good to you?

The open honesty of "I'm being pushed to keep you but will dump you if I can" would've been a good look?

I wouldn't have been happy with any scenario where he's cut, but I'd judge Whaley less harshly if he'd handled it differently. It looks pretty clear that he wasn't honest with Fred about the situation. I also think a guy who means as much to the franchise and fans should be treated differently from a camp body.

I'm sorry but Pete Carroll is an idiot. Or Bevell. Or both.

He can't give Marshawn the ball w/the SB on the line, but he can call his # on a draw play out of the shotgun. Lost to Rams. Also onside kick to start OT. Ok buddy.

Edited by YoloinOhio

In business deceptive policies are looked as smart by the people who matter and make business decisions. Officers get promotions by cutting people to make bottom line even though after bonus measurement period new employees get hired (or rehired) costing MORE money but this is just treated as another mark the managers need to overcome.

The 'little people', the ones who find out that the deceptive statements of assurement after contract is renewed, who find out the benefits promoted are really not available due to tough budget year, etc are ones who generally look down upon it depending on their political affiliation and whether it hurts their own pocketbook.

What looks clear to me based on what's been stated is Whaley was somewhat painted into a corner by the owner interfering with football decision to cut him. So now what can Whaley do? Publicly tell the fans or even privately tell Jackson. "well we'll keep him for now, but may cut him at the end of training camp if he's not the clear #2 and we may still go out and either sign a FA running back that we feel is better or draft one".

Yeah can see how Fred can feel Whaley lied to him by tell him we're keeping you, but then blame it on Pegula, not Whaley. Whaley was a good foot soldier and took the heat publicly for Pegula's painting him into the corner.

I wouldn't have been happy with any scenario where he's cut, but I'd judge Whaley less harshly if he'd handled it differently. It looks pretty clear that he wasn't honest with Fred about the situation. I also think a guy who means as much to the franchise and fans should be treated differently from a camp body.

I love Fred but I didn't miss him at all today.

Then you should have watched the game more closely. Williams missed his assignment on the pass that got batted. Had that gone another way and ended up being a game changing turnover, everyone would be singing a different time. I guarantee Belichick noticed and will send blitz looks whenever Williams is in the game in passing situations.

The win covered it but that play illustrates why FJ should still be on the roster.

Then you should have watched the game more closely. Williams missed his assignment on the pass that got batted. Had that gone another way and ended up being a game changing turnover, everyone would be singing a different time. I guarantee Belichick noticed and will send blitz looks whenever Williams is in the game in passing situations.

The win covered it but that play illustrates why FJ should still be on the roster.

Didn't miss Feed at all but keep trying to convince the smarter people otherwise.

Funny Stevie leaves... "On SF he will make the playoffs before the Bills" Bills had a better record then SF.

Fred leaves "at least he is going to a winning team" They are 0-1 and the Bills just beat last years AFC championship team.

I'm sorry but Pete Carroll is an idiot. Or Bevell. Or both.

He can't give Marshawn the ball w/the SB on the line, but he can call his # on a draw play out of the shotgun. Lost to Rams. Also onside kick to start OT. Ok buddy.

Given the new rules, I didn't actually mind the onside kick on OT.

But yeah, he's still an idiot for the Super Bowl. Just have Wilson roll out and run for the corner of the end zone if you're worried about the !@#$ing clock!! :wallbash:

You don't think Karlos can get better? He actually brought it up in a post game interview that that was something he needed to improve on.

I'm sure FJ wasn't always a stud in pass protection either

Edited by CNY315

Fred doesn't make that run though

Given the new rules, I didn't actually mind the onside kick on OT.

But yeah, he's still an idiot for the Super Bowl. Just have Wilson roll out and run for the corner of the end zone if you're worried about the !@#$ing clock!! :wallbash:

Actually he said it was never supposed to be an onside kick.

Didn't miss Feed at all but keep trying to convince the smarter people otherwise.Funny Stevie leaves... "On SF he will make the playoffs before the Bills" Bills had a better record then SF.

Fred leaves "at least he is going to a winning team" They are 0-1 and the Bills just beat last years AFC championship team.

I was thrilled when they cut Johnson loose, so I'm not sure if there's z point you're trying to make. Johnson was a perfect example of what you don't want in a professional athlete and there's a reason he keeps moving around.

I'm not sure where you're going with the Seattle thing but one week isn't a season. I'm not at all comfortable with our primary backup running back being a rookie, especially when our QB is in essentially the same boat. That will be exploited, especially by better teams than the chronically overrated Colts and the overmatched Chuck Pagano.

I was thrilled when they cut Johnson loose, so I'm not sure if there's z point you're trying to make. Johnson was a perfect example of what you don't want in a professional athlete and there's a reason he keeps moving around.

I'm not sure where you're going with the Seattle thing but one week isn't a season. I'm not at all comfortable with our primary backup running back being a rookie, especially when our QB is in essentially the same boat. That will be exploited, especially by better teams than the chronically overrated Colts and the overmatched Chuck Pagano.

I was just talking, only the first sentence was for you.

If Fred is on the roster it's less snaps for Williams. Shady will get the majority of the carries and Williams needs more reps.