Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 4m4 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

Seems like Rex is torn. Cassel or Tyrod.

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 3m3 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

John Wawrow retweeted Nick May

whispers.

John Wawrow added,

Nick May @NMay11

@john_wawrow what makes you say that?

Wondering did Rex actually say that? is there a link to a Wawrow article where Rex said that? I was under the impression EJ was thinking he might be elsewhere just days ago? regardless of the Cassell rumors. Edited by Best Player Available

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not emotionally invested with any of the quarterbacks, apparently you are. My conclusion is based on the consistency of the QBs, T.T in my view has shown a continuous and consistent progession of what he can do. And although EJ has been showing some improvement, he has not been consistent.

Don't take it personal, it's just my opinion.

I think the implication that if OBD keeps two qbs, EJ isn't one of them is a foolish decision.

I doubt Whaley would be on board with that after this pre-season.

The EJ haters want him gone. The EJ fanboys want him anointed starter. Objectively speaking, EJ should be make the team as our 3rd QB with a chance to move up should circumstances call for it. TT starting, Cassel with the clipboard.

I think Rex and Roman already decided on and designed a lot of plays around TT. I don't think anyone saw EJ coming and they don't want to bother changing anything.

Well, Roman is supposed to be adaptable, isn't he?

I would start EJ and use a package of plays with TT.

Probably won't work out that way, but that's the smart play, imo.

Anyway, I'm out for tonight. Keep fighting the good fight . . .

Well, Roman is supposed to be adaptable, isn't he?

I would start EJ and use a package of plays with TT.

Probably won't work out that way, but that's the smart play, imo.

Anyway, I'm out for tonight. Keep fighting the good fight . . .

Playing 2 QBs is the smart move?

I'm not emotionally invested with any of the quarterbacks, apparently you are. My conclusion is based on the consistency of the QBs, T.T in my view has shown a continuous and consistent progession of what he can do. And although EJ has been showing some improvement, he has not been consistent.

Don't take it personal, it's just my opinion.

EJ's play hasn't been consistent this preseason? And if you aren't simply going by this preseason, what are you using to judge Tyrod's consistency? Did you hang around training camp every day and watch the QBs?

It's clear to me, all the Bills' QBs have been consistent this preseason. Cassel has a pretty extensive record with a lot of inconstancy (which includes some pretty decent play). EJ has a much shorter record, also exhibiting some inconsistency (including some good play). TT doesn't really have any previous gameday record from which to draw conclusions.

So, if you care to respond, what period of time are you using to judge consistency?

I think Rex and Roman already decided on and designed a lot of plays around TT. I don't think anyone saw EJ coming and they don't want to bother changing anything.

Really? I really hope they can be bothered to make adjustments to accommodate talent. If not, this team is in serious trouble, IMO.

The EJ haters want him gone. The EJ fanboys want him anointed starter. Objectively speaking, EJ should be make the team as our 3rd QB with a chance to move up should circumstances call for it. TT starting, Cassel with the clipboard.

And that classifies as a Anti EJ fanboy if you think MC is better than EJ

EJ's play hasn't been consistent this preseason? And if you aren't simply going by this preseason, what are you using to judge Tyrod's consistency? Did you hang around training camp every day and watch the QBs?

It's clear to me, all the Bills' QBs have been consistent this preseason. Cassel has a pretty extensive record with a lot of inconstancy (which includes some pretty decent play). EJ has a much shorter record, also exhibiting some inconsistency (including some good play). TT doesn't really have any previous gameday record from which to draw conclusions.

So, if you care to respond, what period of time are you using to judge consistency?

Really? I really hope they can be bothered to make adjustments to accommodate talent. If not, this team is in serious trouble, IMO.

I hope so as well. My time in organizations tells me this is a common thing.

The way you responded seemed kind of uppity so let me put it this way. If you already built your offense around a certain kind of mobile QB, it would take a great deal of effort to rebuild it over a different style of QB. Would you agree it might be a bit of a bother to adjust?

Edited by musichunch

Playing 2 QBs is the smart move?

I don't think they will go that route, but it wouldn't be foreign to Roman. Kaep saw the field for a few plays a game when Smith was their starting QB, I believe.

The disagreements over TT and EJ need to clarify whether TT or EJ have a ceiling, a roof or a dome on their prospects, otherwise a poster will just be displaying a structural defect in his argument.

I don't get people. They have entire field in the NFL for people to estimate player's potential. It's called scouting.

I've been neutral about this QB competition. Cassel didn't look very good to me yesterday. If that's what the offense is going to look like with him under center, it's going to be a boring and frustrating season. EJ has a mental issue - his QB play remind me of my golf game - when he is relaxed and just goes out and plays, he can look great. But that one incompletion - and I know it's a nitpick - was vintage EJ Yips. He thought too much and his mechanics fell apart. I'm sure it's terrifying for the coaches to see that. The problem with EJ is mental not physical, which is very hard for coaches to deal with.

TT looked the best of the three but I still need to see a touchdown pass out of him in the redzone. That's what would worry me if I were his coaches.

May have been a classic EJ tip but no it wasnt a yip