Stick a fork in it

/dev/null

Amazing that a project QB could actually get better under professional coaching, huh?...LOL So glad he's proving the naysayers who had no patience wrong. Glad they weren't calling the shots for this team because once cut EJ would be a Jet right now.

I think it's all about coaching. EJ does not play scared anymore, like he's just trying not to screw up. It's a great thing to see.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ has looked good in preseason before, but it hasn't carried over. Maybe this year will be different, but I'm not sold. Tyrod hasn't gone through the that test yet. The regular season is a totally different situation than preseason - especially after teams get tape on a player. The last half of a season can look vastly different from the first half due to that. Defenses adjust and QBs also have to adjust. Some can, most can't. I'm good with Taylor getting his shot and I'm good with EJ getting another shot if Tyrod doesn't cut it or gets injured. All that Cassel gives a team is a QB with no mobility who can throw up to 15 yards downfield. He's an expensive back up at his salary so I can see the Bills dumping him or asking him to take a pay cut to be a mentor. He may very well be available to pick up mid season if he's let go and injuries mount.

There is a ton of exuberance now, but while there are some things to love about the Bills I'm going to take preseason with a grain of salt.

Oh really? EJ never looked like this.

EJ under Marrone looked the best when he first got here. In his first pre-season he had moments that were pretty nice. But in his second year where we expected improvement, EJ looked scared and robotic.

It also happened with Orton. He looked best when he didn't know the plays. As the year went on, the hackett/marrone combo made into the QB we saw in the Dolphins and Raiders game.

Greg Roman and the new offensive coaches are in a different universe. We can add in the increased reps at practice, the play-calling based on each players strengths, real offensive line. Looks like the Bills QB's were made worse than they were by the coaches from Syracuse.

Cassel can stay on the team because I like having a vet QB that plays well with others. He can help TT and EJ in practice (unlike Orton last year).

EJ said he learned a lot but ignore facts if you want, we will pretend it is fantasy football.

Wish Ty would be willing to play "Slash" roll for a while. Put EJ in with Ty coming in on 2nd and long and 3rd and long. I am sure Roman with input from David Lee could be real creative with a big athlete who can run and a smaller athlete who can really run. and both of them being able to throw

Edited by Koolaid

As a huge EJ fan, EJ is behind TT right now because of pocket presence. EJ has improved a lot but when there is pressure or a blitz, TT just has the edge there. Also add in the speed and TT can get plays there that EJ can't. With a clean pocket, EJ looks like a beast. He is getting closer to what we wanted and I am happy starting TT with EJ as the next man in.

Cassel can stay on the team because I like having a vet QB that plays well with others. He can help TT and EJ in practice (unlike Orton last year).

Fantastic post.