EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

The arrival of a brand new sports network right after the one show in town totally blows any shred of credibility would be quite the coincidence.

WGR looks like a total joke now. Every beat reporter, commentator, etc. has said EJ was clearly #3.

I admit. I wasn't at camp. I was listening to Sal (who people on here used to revere like a football God) talk about EJ clearly being #3 every day. Same with pretty much every other person on the station.

I bought it. But in the end, I'm just a fan who watches. This is their livelihood and they look like complete idiots right now.

Dude, he's probably still #3. Everyone had/has him 3. Just watch the game on Saturday and form your own opinions. If it's so telling that EJ goes 1, are you guys gonna put a lot of stock into who goes 2? I'm not. I don't think it makes any difference at all.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Chan??

with the Jets, Why ?

If EJ plays like he did in the 1st two preseason games, he'll have every chance to run out of the tunnel at the Ralph on week 1 as the starting QB vs. the Colts.

Not unless thats the consensus already. I think its hard to rise above the others at this point.

Just heard on the John Murphy Show that this quote from a speech by Teddy Roosevelt hangs in EJ's locker: http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trsorbonnespeech.html

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Adam Schein

@AdamSchein

Exactly. Which is why he shouldn't start the 3rd preseason game!

twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/st…

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL

According to our own @viccarucci "There has been nothing at camp that indicates that EJ Manuel is in the competition to be the starting QB"

CBS Sports Network @CBSSportsNet

"This is where Rex Ryan fails." - @AdamSchein on the handling of the Bills' QB situation. pic.twitter.com/pmLjTRFtVm

Oooooo!

I'm listening to the interview, BTW. Vic thinks they're showcasing EJ for a trade, fwiw.

Edited by Heitz

Dude, he's probably still #3. Everyone had/has him 3. Just watch the game on Saturday and form your own opinions. If it's so telling that EJ goes 1, are you guys gonna put a lot of stock into who goes 2? I'm not. I don't think it makes any difference at all.

you are rather defensive> i have read through this whole thing since i returned home after work. ( seems some of you do not , although possibly employed ) lol

This is great fun. But i have read all of your posts about Qb for Buffalo.

And you keep defending something that does not need defending. The chips will land where Rex tells them to land, We all should just accept that.

Root for who you want to but dont dis anyone on your way please.

GO BILLS QBs!

Oooooo!

I'm listening to the interview, BTW. Vic thinks they're showcasing EJ for a trade, fwiw.

Of course he does. makes perfect sense in a way.

Oooooo!

Well of course. Because Vic couldn't possibly get this wrong and he's in the coaches meetings to be in the know.

And Cassel is the front runner too. Don't forget that. Vic has said it a few times that Cassel is going to be the guy no matter what.

What if EJ comes out and plays well? He doesn't light it up, maybe leads a decent drive follow by a scoring drive, you know a dropped pass from another 1st down, a missed throw for a TD which ends up as a FG, you know, all the stuff we have seen before from him and the others.

Then what?

Maybe the plan is the platoon the QB's

Typical weird Bills QB news.

Posted Today, 04:43 PM

Adam Schein

@AdamSchein

Exactly. Which is why he shouldn't start the 3rd preseason game!

twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/st…

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL

According to our own @viccarucci "There has been nothing at camp that indicates that EJ Manuel is in the competition to be the starting QB"

CBS Sports Network @CBSSportsNet

"This is where Rex Ryan fails." - @AdamSchein on the handling of the Bills' QB situation. pic.twitter.com/pmLjTRFtVm

Wow. Rex has already failed? Interesting.

I know none of these QBs are world-beaters, but the competition has seemed pretty even. God forbid the coaches do their due diligence.

The Bills beat reporters are worthless. Completely worthless. They tweet out updates on every single snap, every single pass, and think that this qualifies as analysis. I purged my follows list this preseason because their reporting was insufferable. They all think they're comedians, too.

The only one who's any good is Chris Trapasso of NFL.com because he actually offers some insight and keeps the juvenile commentary to a minimum.

I know none of these QBs are world-beaters, but the competition has seemed pretty even. God forbid the coaches do their due diligence.

Really Schein?

f u

No media bias though. The media is right and Rex should be listening to them.

Dominik said that Rex is just starting EJ to be fair and that he has no trade value...fwiw. :D

His trade value can't be all that high at this point in preseason. The showcase for a trade doesn't compute for me. It's not as if Cassel is the long term answer for the Bills and Tyrod is unproven at this juncture. Even if EJ is the 2nd or 3rd QB, the possibility of injury makes it prudent to keep all three given the dregs that would be available in the QB market.

Exhibit A of said dregs:

@AroundTheNFL

Josh Johnson is the latest addition to the Jets' stable of quarterbacks http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516730/article/backup-quarterback-news-roundup?

EJ looks like a broken toy to most outsiders. which might be good for us. might be.

i can imagine Roman and Co. had to break him down again and reboot with a new thought process.

Mentally he is still a project as he is getting a do over. Not a Mulligan. Thats the blocking TE for the Bills