Stock Market Sell Off--how low will it go...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I was just thinking that a certain poster who shall remain nameless was giving credit to Obama when the market was going up. So I just figured he should get the credit when it goes down too.

He will undoubtedly be back claiming how amazing it is Obama got the Dow over 16,000. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/world-markets-lose-ground-amid-black-monday-for-shanghai-index/2015/08/24/a1c88a48-0161-404c-a48b-6cee7d04f864_story.html

Insightful financial reporting! (Chef, that's sarcasm, ok?)

“Who said today’s drop is the biggest in eight years, maybe tomorrow’s is,” user Y-MariaH wrote on the Weibo microblogging site. “Now I understand why people jump from high buildings. After investing into market, I’m having that kind of urge.”

Another poster, calling herself kou zi kou kou, wrote: “Stockmarket is like a cheating boyfriend. You forgive him over and over again and believe he would change. However he hurt you deeper over time.

By attributing something to his policies that you just said you don't actually believe are attributable to his policies.

Dumb ass.

If you say so

Funnier is him stating that the market was part of the economy doing swell.

What do you mean? Not what I said, but how am I wrong?

We should be getting some choice Gator quotes in the near future with him trying to defend the effects of Obama on the economy. His chickens are finally coming home to roost.

as the world turns.... 9:30 pm eastern means the Chinese markets are opening

Shanghai down again about 6.5% at open. U.S. futures are up by about 260 points on the Dow. The European futures are down about 5% in UK, France, and Germany.

Hard to tell the leader in these circular parades.

A question for all you geniuses: If a person or entity had access to money at no interest might they take advantage of that and invest in stocks? If many, many people or entities had the same opportunity might that cause an unnatural boost in stock prices (sometimes called a bubble)? If it appears as if the no interest money is going to be a thing of the past, might there be an inordinate amount of people/entities thinking that it is probably a good time to cash in their chips? I mean we had the Dow Jones go from 6000 to 17000 in 6 or so years. Was that because of the robust economy that didn't actually create jobs or because of free money? One of you guys should be able to explain this to me. How about you gator? You seem to be really dialed in on the swell market.

A question for all you geniuses: If a person or entity had access to money at no interest might they take advantage of that and invest in stocks? If many, many people or entities had the same opportunity might that cause an unnatural boost in stock prices (sometimes called a bubble)? If it appears as if the no interest money is going to be a thing of the past, might there be an inordinate amount of people/entities thinking that it is probably a good time to cash in their chips? I mean we had the Dow Jones go from 6000 to 17000 in 6 or so years. Was that because of the robust economy that didn't actually create jobs or because of free money? One of you guys should be able to explain this to me. How about you gator? You seem to be really dialed in on the swell market.

It's been far too long since someone other than myself made an Austrian inquiry.

It's been far too long since someone other than myself made an Austrian inquiry.

Is that what it's called? I'm just Jed Clampett (pre oil) trying to figure things out, and I thought this gator guy, who seems to think he knows a lot could 'splain things to me.

Then there's this:

Harbinger Man: 'The time is now to prepare'

jonathan_cahn_washington_man_of_prayer_2

Author and Bible teacher Jonathan Cahn says he has been so swamped with questions and concerns about the looming end of the Shemitah year on Sept. 13 that he cant answer them all.

We have been deluged with people calling, emailing, asking questions from all over the country, wanting to know whats happening. So we decided to put out a video, Cahn told WND via email.

In the message, posted to YouTube, Cahn calls for a period of national prayer and repentance leading up to the pivotal month of September.

He also issued a new warning about a desecration that often precedes judgment and is already present in American society. He calls for Christians to prepare for persecution and get ready to stand for God in a coming period of strife that will increasingly be devoid of gray areas or middle ground.

In the video, he says his main theme continues to be that of judgment visiting America. This will bring a shaking in the financial and economic realms. These tremors may spread beyond the economic realm.

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/08/harbinger-man-the-time-is-now-to-prepare/#gIbHULg8b894yxlV.99