Stock Market Sell Off--how low will it go...

no. it's like requiring ikea to pay the same tariffs and meet the same safe product regulations as ethan allen.

but lets assume that the cause for the discrepancy in pricing is not nefarious (for the sake of argument). what is going to be done to make the losers in this real life scenario whole? is the gov't gonna bail them out? vanguard? ishares? the stock exchange? nope. no one will.

What are you babbling about? You're screaming about price differences between the wholesale and retail markets. You don't even understand the subject you're supposed to be debating.

And if you follow the articles, there are already discussions going on with Bank of NY about the reimbursement responsibility

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which losers?

Why are we having this discussion again?

these losers: "It was like nothing happened — except for investors who had automatic “stop-loss” orders triggered by the brief fall. Those investors locked in heavy losses. “The retail guy got crushed,” sid Joe Saluzzi, partner at Themis Trading, a brokerage firm. “That shouldn’t be allowed.”

i'm discussing again because the legitimized robbery is once again being publicized and was noticed enough that it had to be.

this article mention five free ameritrade transactions as compensation. let me know when the losers in this scenario get paid back and by whom.

And I'll ask yet again, why aren't you complaining that Boeing and Airbus can build a better and cheaper airplanes than a guy in his barn?

the answer to this seems obvious yet I had difficulty verbalizing it. and then it appeared:

airbus and boeing actually produce products of intrinsic value. and people sometimes can build such items better in their garages - like steve jobs.

the financial industry doesn't produce anything of intrinsic value (derivatives?....um, no). it plays a game for which it largely writes the rules. the steve jobs of the financial industry is bernie maddoff.

the answer to this seems obvious yet I had difficulty verbalizing it. and then it appeared:

airbus and boeing actually produce products of intrinsic value. and people sometimes can build such items better in their garages - like steve jobs.

the financial industry doesn't produce anything of intrinsic value (derivatives?....um, no). it plays a game for which it largely writes the rules. the steve jobs of the financial industry is bernie maddoff.

I'd just say that the beauty of our financial sector is that a guy like Steve Jobs can get money thrown his way if he shows he has a product worth making. Do others manipulate the process at times? Yes, but fundamentally the financial sector helps us as a society allocate resources to areas in need or that show great promise.

This might be the most ignorant thing I've ever read.

I'd just say that the beauty of our financial sector is that a guy like Steve Jobs can get money thrown his way if he shows he has a product worth making. Do others manipulate the process at times? Yes, but fundamentally the financial sector helps us as a society allocate resources to areas in need or that show great promise.

Okay, what the !@#$ is going on? This is like the third day in a row that you've appeared to be slightly smarter than an eggplant.

It's weird. You're !@#$ing up my world-view. Stop it.

U.S. gross domestic product, the broadest sum of goods and services produced across the economy, grew by a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 3.7% the second quarter,the Commerce Department said Thursday. That was a sharp upward revision from the prior estimate of a 2.3% advance. Here’s what economists had to say:

“The U.S. economic recovery shifted up a few gears in second quarter with the second print of the GDP estimate….This suggests a sharp acceleration in economic growth momentum following the weather-induced sluggish performance in first quarter. The overall tone of this report was exceptionally strong.” —Millan Mulraine, T.D. Securities

“The average increase over the first six months of the year was just 1.8% to 1.9%….These data points show the economy despite all its volatility is still locked on the same shallow growth path that has been in place for the past several years.” —Steven Ricchiuto, Mizuho Securities

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2015/08/27/economists-react-to-u-s-gdp-growth-recovery-shifted-up-a-few-gears/

Is this Obamanomics in action?

Very nice to see!

Healthcare. I must be healthcare. You're about as accurate with you ACA solving all the country's problems as the I'm not saying it's aliens, but it was aliens meme.

BTW shouldn't your post go in the Obamanomics thread?

Edited by Chef Jim

This from what you quoted:

“The average increase over the first six months of the year was just 1.8% to 1.9%….These data points show the economy despite all its volatility is still locked on the same shallow growth path that has been in place for the past several years.” —Steven Ricchiuto, Mizuho Securities

Is this what you call Obamanomics and it's very nice to see?

This from what you quoted:

Is this what you call Obamanomics and it's very nice to see?

Yes, one of the quotes in the story was not positive. Congratulation for spotting it!

Let's hope the trend continues upward. What confidence the business community has!

Go back to sleep

Did you finally realize that the trend you referred to wasn't a positive one? Let me give you a suggestion----read what you are going to copy and paste. It might (and I empathize "might") give you some idea of what you are posting.