Warning - conspiracy theory, read at your own risk (QBs)

Nice thought... But if Rex was that smart, he'd still be coaching the Jets.... EJ is no brainiac either. One of the major downfalls of EJ's career was coming in contact with fellow mental midgets Hackett and Marrone... He literally didn't get a chance to become what he could have been... I suppose it's unfair to call EJ dumb... EJ was more like a BLANK SLATE with the potential to be filled-up with all sorts of good stuff... As long as someone reasonably smart was holding the chalk, EJ had a chance...

Fast forward to now.... EJ is once again a blank slate... A little dirty from all the bad chalk that had to be erased, but nonetheless EMPTY.. Years have passed with no progress (through no fault of his own.) The question now, is whether to continue, or abandon the project altogether... Possibly giving EJ the fresh start he deserves....

I can see myself backing this option... I think KC would make an excellent trade partner for this venture... They need help at WR... We definitely need help at QB... EJ plus a wideout (Goodwin or Hogan) for Chase Daniel would be an awesome deal for both parties.... That's just a rough cut... Not sure what that would entail, but I tink it'd be great for EJ to be around one of the sharpest minds in the game (Andy Reid), and I think Daniel's arm is underrated at this point in his career.... That's the pistol... there's a full clip inside, and one in the chamber.... Just needs a finger to go ahead and squeeze. -Any takers?

I think he's made it clear, he will not make the same mistakes.

An entertaining post, Ham. But I think you're way over-thinking it.

Not really overthinking it all, more like a food for thought/fun/entertaining thread. Sounds like it's getting the job done.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who is good at navigating this site could put together a chronological list of EJ Fanboy Threads, and we could see the evolution of EJ fandom, which has led us to this thread-- CONSPIRACY!!!

When (and IF, of course) EJ gets cut, I assume there would be five more threads on the subject, vaguely following the five stages of grief:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Although, that last one may be a long time coming...

Someone who is good at navigating this site could put together a chronological list of EJ Fanboy Threads, and we could see the evolution of EJ fandom, which has led us to this thread-- CONSPIRACY!!!

When (and IF, of course) EJ gets cut, I assume there would be five more threads on the subject, vaguely following the five stages of grief:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

I certainly am not a fan boy, I want the best QB to win. I think EJ has the highest ceiling, so if he wins that means he is likely better than the other two. That's a good thing for our franchise. If not, then we'll roll with TT or Cassel. Whatever happens, I believe that this coaching staff will choose the best man. May the best man win.

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Rock, I didn't know you were such a Kubler-Ross fan.

I go through these 5 phases every year after we don't make the playoffs. I'm getting good at it.

Could EJ start? let me put it this way, just because the local media have been reading tea leaves and deciphering the meaning of Rex scratching his left ball more than his right ball doesn't mean they know crap - I think this is still a three horse race and even if EJ doesn't start in the beginning of the season I believe small running QBs have trouble staying healthy and immobile older QBs have trouble staying healthy too.

Could EJ start? let me put it this way, just because the local media have been reading tea leaves and deciphering the meaning of Rex scratching his left ball more than his right ball doesn't mean they know crap - I think this is still a three horse race and even if EJ doesn't start in the beginning of the season I believe small running QBs have trouble staying healthy and immobile older QBs have trouble staying healthy to

EJ only gets starting job due to injuries?

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

No, the biggest EJ fanboys are currently in the 2nd stage: there's already denial that the coaching staff doesn't consider him the best QB in camp, and anger that he hasn't been given a fair chance. IF EJ did in fact get cut, there wouldn't be any more stages that we'd be able to see, they'd just leave the board on an 'extended business trip'. There would be normal discourse over a big story like that, along with some haters laughing TAO (not so much EJ-haters, but EJ fanboy-haters).

As it was with JP. As it was with Drew. As it was with RJ.

That's all IF EJ got cut. Right now, he certainly looks safe but there are 2 more PS games left to play.

Could EJ start? let me put it this way, just because the local media have been reading tea leaves and deciphering the meaning of Rex scratching his left ball more than his right ball doesn't mean they know crap - I think this is still a three horse race and even if EJ doesn't start in the beginning of the season I believe small running QBs have trouble staying healthy and immobile older QBs have trouble staying healthy too.

Denial!

EJ only gets starting job due to injuries?

Bargaining!

Rock, I didn't know you were such a Kubler-Ross fan.

I go through these 5 phases every year after we don't make the playoffs. I'm getting good at it.

Acceptance!

No, the biggest EJ fanboys are currently in the 2nd stage: there's already denial that the coaching staff doesn't consider him the best QB in camp, and anger that he hasn't been given a fair chance. IF EJ did in fact get cut, there wouldn't be any more stages that we'd be able to see, they'd just leave the board on an 'extended business trip'. There would be normal discourse over a big story like that, along with some haters laughing TAO (not so much EJ-haters, but EJ fanboy-haters).

As it was with JP. As it was with Drew. As it was with RJ.

That's all IF EJ got cut. Right now, he certainly looks safe but there are 2 more PS games left to play.

Denial!

Bargaining!

Acceptance!

I think you both are going through this same process with the fact that I'm not a fanboy? This was not a fanboy thread, just a fun conspiracy theory. I think he sits and develops, like a few others here think.

Why is it that THIS funny lighthearted thread brings out the vile in the non EJ "Fanboys"?

Again its so freaking hypocritical you people don't like the label haters but you throw out Fanboys and Super Fans quite a lot.

HGH Hypocrites Gotta be Hypocrite I guess.

Cassel could start, TT could start or EJ could start. Just Freaking relax over peoples opinions

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think you both are going through this same process with the fact that I'm not a fanboy? This was not a fanboy thread, just a fun conspiracy theory. I think he sits and develops, like a few others here think.

I didn't say you were a fanboy. I just find the five stages of grief more interesting than a fun conspiracy theory.

If you say things like, "I think EJ has the highest ceiling..." you might be a fanboy. Be that as it may, intentional or not, this thread has become like a small life-raft for those with a stubbornly inflated opinion of EJ, to cling to in their belief that he is somehow larger than the sum of his parts.

Why is it that THIS funny lighthearted thread brings out the vile in the non EJ "Fanboys"?

Again its so freaking hypocritical you people don't like the label haters but you throw out Fanboys and Super Fans quite a lot.

HGH Hypocrites Gotta be Hypocrite I guess.

Cassel could start, TT could start or EJ could start. Just Freaking relax over peoples opinions

Fan guy???

fisherman.jpg

I troll, I troll!

Edited by Rocky Landing

I didn't say you were a fanboy. I just find the five stages of grief more interesting than a fun conspiracy theory.

I have never gotten the five stages done in correct order for some reason> regardless of the subject matter.

But no reason these two concepts need to be mutually exclusive is there?

If you say things like, "I think EJ has the highest ceiling..." you might be a fanboy. Be that as it may, intentional or not, this thread has become like a small life-raft for those with a stubbornly inflated opinion of EJ, to cling to in their belief that he is somehow larger than the sum of is parts.

Fan guy???

fisherman.jpg

I troll, I troll!

LOL"d

well done Rocky!