Warning - conspiracy theory, read at your own risk (QBs)

So, as I've sat back and lurked behind the scenes, reading all the posts about the QB position and who will be there starter, I noticed a trend. Or what I believe to be a trend though they may be more anecdotal, I don't know, you tell me.

It sounds like, on several days and evenings out, people who have attended the practices were seeing a different story compared to what the media was putting out. EJ was playing better than what he had been portrayed by the media. EJ plays well during the scrimmage but he doesn't get a start and he starts to play more with the 2nd and 3rd's even as Rex says he played great during the scrimmage.

WHAT IF, EJ is the guy all along and Rex has asked the media to be in cahoots with him and put out propaganda pieces to make it seem like EJ stinks? WHAT IF, once they get back to Ralph Wilson stadium (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there less media access to practices at the Ralph?) EJ starts to become the #1 QB and practices with the 1's exclusively? WHAT IF, this is just a mind game for the Colts and the NFL?

I know, I know, Mind = Blown. You're welcome.

Carry on.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as I've sat back and lurked behind the scenes, reading all the posts about the QB position and who will be there starter, I noticed a trend. Or what I believe to be a trend though they may be more anecdotal, I don't know, you tell me.

It sounds like, on several days and evenings out, people who have attended the practices were seeing a different story compared to what the media was putting out. EJ was playing better than what he had been portrayed by the media. EJ plays well during the scrimmage but he doesn't get a start and he starts to play more with the 2nd and 3rd's even as Rex says he played great during the scrimmage.

WHAT IF, EJ is the guy all along and Rex has asked the media to be in cahoots with him and put out propaganda pieces to make it seem like EJ stinks? WHAT IF, once they get back to Ralph Wilson stadium (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there less media access to practices at the Ralph?) EJ starts to become the #1 QB and practices with the 1's exclusively? WHAT IF, this is just a mind game for the Colts and the NFL?

Carry on.

Ha, nice. It could happen. However, I doubt the media is in Rex's back pocket. They're just naturally that biased.

Carry on.

I think the local media is just plain stupid when it comes to EJ Manuel.

As for Rex, I think he is using Manuel's good performances as a smokescreen for the Colts game. I'm sure that Rex and Roman very much like what EJ's doing but I get the feeling they want to sit him longer because they are worried he's not quite ready yet. They don't want to rush him into action when they don't have to. That's the sense I'm getting.

Fast forward home opener inside the CBS booth,

Solomon Wilcots: And this highly touted Bills defense holds Andrew Luck three and out on their first possession

Spero Dedes: So after a 36 yard punt we get to see Matt Cassell and the Bills offense

Solomon Wilcots: Bills are hoping new weapons such as McCoy Harvin and Clay will add firepower to their offense

Spero Dedes: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!! EJ MANUEL Trots out there !!!!

Speed Dedes: Solomon?... Solomon? ... Solomon?!?!?!

Solomon Wilcots: And this highly touted Bills defense holds Andrew Luck three and out on their first possession

Spero Dedes: So after a 36 yard punt we get to see Matt Cassell and the Bills offense

Solomon Wilcots: Bills are hoping new weapons such as McCoy Harvin and Clay will add firepower to their offense

I think it's completely plausible... :devil:

Solomon: What the heck is going on with the Buffalo Bealllz?

Solomon Wilcots: And this highly touted Bills Beels defense holds Andrew Luck three and out on their first possession
​There, now I can believe it.

I think it is more likely that EJ is being handled the way he was envisioned to be when they drafted him.

No, no, no, that makes too much sense. This is about conspiracy theories that may or may not be true, but we'll never know, because there is no way to verify it. But it's definitely very likely. I swear!

I've been thinking the eaxct same thing as the OP. Only thing is, is such an elaborate smokescreen would only really benefit us for the first game. While it could be true, hell, I wish it were true, I just don't see EJ getting the start at this point. I do think Rex and Roman are having a lot of fun keeping the media and fans chasing their tails on the QB issue. I know I'm having fun with it! Love the excitment Rex has brought to the franchise so far, now just win some friggin games!