Warning - conspiracy theory, read at your own risk (QBs)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the local media is just plain stupid when it comes to EJ Manuel.

As for Rex, I think he is using Manuel's good performances as a smokescreen for the Colts game. I'm sure that Rex and Roman very much like what EJ's doing but I get the feeling they want to sit him longer because they are worried he's not quite ready yet. They don't want to rush him into action when they don't have to. That's the sense I'm getting.

So agree with you. I just had this feeling once TC started that Ryan wants Taylor to succeed and take the job by wowing the fans. He wants Cassell not to fail so that he becomes the defacto backup and EJ perhaps the long term answer. Who knows until the season starts tho.

If you say things like, "I think EJ has the highest ceiling..." you might be a fanboy. Be that as it may, intentional or not, this thread has become like a small life-raft for those with a stubbornly inflated opinion of EJ, to cling to in their belief that he is somehow larger than the sum of his parts.

Fan guy???

fisherman.jpg

I troll, I troll!

Or just an opinion. I challenge you to find posts authored by myself where I am blindly and continuously calling EJ the best QB and saying he needs to start regardless of the coaching acumen on this team showing that EJ is not the best QB. This is just a fun, light hearted thread, sit back and enjoy. Plenty of other threads to attack the "EJ Fanboys", no?

To add to the conspiracy theory--- Rocky Landing and 3and12 are clearly in on the agenda. Tell me, when did Coach Ryan contact you to let you in on the grand plan? More importantly, did he let you have a pretzel rod?

Or just an opinion. I challenge you to find posts authored by myself where I am blindly and continuously calling EJ the best QB and saying he needs to start regardless of the coaching acumen on this team showing that EJ is not the best QB. This is just a fun, light hearted thread, sit back and enjoy. Plenty of other threads to attack the "EJ Fanboys", no?

To add to the conspiracy theory--- Rocky Landing and 3and12 are clearly in on the agenda. Tell me, when did Coach Ryan contact you to let you in on the grand plan? More importantly, did he let you have a pretzel rod?

I certainly don't consider you to be one of the EJ fanatics. I'm just poking fun, myself. I thought the photo of a toy troll with a fishing pole would have illustrated that?

As far as having an agenda-- that's news to me. My personal feelings are that EJ was never in the lead in this three-way competition, but he has improved significantly from last year. I started the offseason down on the TT hype-- not because of any agenda, but because I though he complicated the issue in an unproductive way. I thought Rex was a little too gushing, and I don't trust his stubbornness. At this point, however, I feel like he is the best choice for making this a winning team. And, I still think Cassel is a necessary safety net. And, I believe that puts EJ in third place.

But, here's the thing: I have no problem changing my mind. As you just pointed out to me, opinions are not agendas. If EJ proves himself to be better than the other two, I'll be happy to jump on that train.

(And, BTW-- if you have a problem with my light-hearted posts, poking fun at those who clearly have an agenda and can't take a joke, might I suggest that it is you who needs to lighten up a bit? :flirt: )

Edited by Rocky Landing

I certainly don't consider you to be one of the EJ fanatics. I'm just poking fun, myself. I thought the photo of a toy troll with a fishing pole would have illustrated that?

As far as having an agenda-- that's news to me. My personal feelings are that EJ was never in the lead in this three-way competition, but he has improved significantly from last year. I started the offseason down on the TT hype-- not because of any agenda, but because I though he complicated the issue in an unproductive way. I thought Rex was a little too gushing, and I don't trust his stubbornness. At this point, however, I feel like he is the best choice for making this a winning team. And, I still think Cassel is a necessary safety net. And, I believe that puts EJ in third place.

But, here's the thing: I have no problem changing my mind. As you just pointed out to me, opinions are not agendas. If EJ proves himself to be better than the other two, I'll be happy to jump on that train.

(And, BTW-- if you have a problem with my light-hearted posts, poking fun at those who clearly have an agenda and can't take a joke, might I suggest that it is you who needs to lighten up a bit? :flirt: )

The agenda part was a harken back to my original post, an attempt to soften the serious tenor of my post. It seems like we understand each other so, here's one for you, :beer: Enjoy, and keep on with these posts. This has been a fun thread so far!

I agree with 1billsfan ( I need more sleep). I'm a Hater, but EJ is ever so slowly not sucking. Perhaps Year 4??

Crazy what coaches. .. AND a real competition can do huh eight 1

Boooooring, clearly all Bills personel are in lock step with the media to get people to believe EJ sucks. Week 1, they will unleash the beast on the league and the league won't know what hit them!

Ham is dead set. I am loving this thread

Bah gawd king that's ej Manuel's music!

Lol wrestling fan are we? Does his music come with shattered glass?

EJ's last pass was 10' over the receiver. So.....probably not.

you talking about the deep ball that slightly missed dez lewis' outstretched hands. Yeah that was definitely 10'. Smh

My theory (a lot more plausible)

- Doug Whaley sits in a interview and explains that the bills will be too good to be able to get into the blue chip rounds to select a qb

- The coaches get to camp and they realize that EJ manuel actually has talent.....but that he has been coached like crap

- EJ is in the middle of a cheap 5 year rookie contract

- The bills realize that with every passing day this 3 way qb competition takes away needed reps from whoever is going to be the starter

- EJ gets moved to 3rd team......a position that is reserved for a developmental qb.....so that they can get the reps to TT and Cassel

- EJ gets lots of pre season playing time in preseason........but in a way that gets TT time with the starters

MY THEORY is they will NOT draft a QB with their 1st round pick next year (which I thought they were going to do....but I also thought EJ would have been traded at this point....he looks pretty good in pre season.....QBs are hard to come by)

EJ MANUEL is STILL THE FUTURE of the team.......he will continue to work on his game and under these coaches.....and NEXT YEAR will make a strong push to be the starter. Cassell is on a one year contract.....TT is gonna get his chance to prove that he can be the starter.......

TT to start.....Cassell in the bullpen.....EJ Manuel the future

We are not going to be able to sign all of these high priced free agents.......they are going to need to replace one of them (Bradham would be my guess)

I'm gonna get roasted for this but i think Dareus will be replaced.

Edited by Agent 91

Crazy what coaches. .. AND a real competition can do huh eight 1

Ham is dead set. I am loving this thread

Lol wrestling fan are we? Does his music come with shattered glass?

you talking about the deep ball that slightly missed dez lewis' outstretched hands. Yeah that was definitely 10'. Smh

I'm gonna get roasted for this but i think Dareus will be replaced.

So what do you make of the contract talks that have been going on for some time now with Dareus' agent?

Peronsally, I think we need to stop arguing amongst our selves and with the media over this one--it appears that there are 3 quarterbacks capable of leading this team. For this first time since the mid 90s, there will be an expectation (both by fans/media AND the team, coaches and players alike) that the team earns a playoff birth... and maybe more--a lot more.

The excitement of last season, or 2010, where we started 5-3, but knew that a wildcard would be lucky, simply doesn't seem good enough this year.

I would expect Ryan wants us at 6-2 and better at the break.

If his nominal starter gets us to that mark, there's your 16 game starter.

If we're 5-3 or 4-4, I would guess it's next man up, in comes whomever.

And if they can't get it right, the next guy gets his shot.

I look at a "week 1 decision" as meaning: who's going to start wild card weekend when we, as the 3 seed, host Cincinnati. That decision will be made with a much larger body of evidence.

EJ is doing his part by having a good practice followed by a terrible practice. He has not been consistent in practice, which is why he has fallen. He has had too many bad practices. Taylor and Cassel haven't been as inconsistent.

It's all apart of the plan...the media is in cahoots!

EJ is doing his part by having a good practice followed by a terrible practice. He has not been consistent in practice, which is why he has fallen. He has had too many bad practices. Taylor and Cassel haven't been as inconsistent.

Perhaps he's allowing himself, as well as the coaches, to make some mistakes in practice.

So he doesn't do the foolish 'rookie maneuvers' his detractors note him for, in the games. "letting it rip"

So, if EJ's practices result in learning the game and making mistakes (which we all know the OTHER guys practicing are also making mistakes and great plays affecting the result of the QB's performance), BUT his preseason game result is TD's and game winning drives, who cares?

I really don't see him "trailing" this competition nearly as much as most do.

The team has performed well in the first two weeks of the season until opposing teams get tape on them.

Perhaps Rex will approach the regular season like preseason - different starting quarterback *every* game.

It isn't a half bad idea if you have three decent quarterbacks and on any given Sunday, one of them exploits a weakness in the defense better than the others.

I am torn. I have thought for a while now that EJ may have #1 locked up. The reason we have been seeing Taylor and Cassel is they are trying to determine if they keep them both and if so what the pecking order looks like.

In a perfect world from the Salary cap perspective, EJ starts, Tyrod backs him up and Cassel gets cut.

Because while I have been leaning towards EJ starting, you cannot keep Cassel and Tyrod both. Whoever is the three would be pissed in that scenario.

I am torn. I have thought for a while now that EJ may have #1 locked up. The reason we have been seeing Taylor and Cassel is they are trying to determine if they keep them both and if so what the pecking order looks like.

In a perfect world from the Salary cap perspective, EJ starts, Tyrod backs him up and Cassel gets cut.

Because while I have been leaning towards EJ starting, you cannot keep Cassel and Tyrod both. Whoever is the three would be pissed in that scenario.

It's an understatement to say that you are in the minority in this opinion. Even most of the hardcore EJ fans admit that he is probably in third place in the competition. But, the crazy part is: Your scenario is by no means outside the realm of possibility.

So, as I've sat back and lurked behind the scenes, reading all the posts about the QB position and who will be there starter, I noticed a trend. Or what I believe to be a trend though they may be more anecdotal, I don't know, you tell me.

It sounds like, on several days and evenings out, people who have attended the practices were seeing a different story compared to what the media was putting out. EJ was playing better than what he had been portrayed by the media. EJ plays well during the scrimmage but he doesn't get a start and he starts to play more with the 2nd and 3rd's even as Rex says he played great during the scrimmage.

WHAT IF, EJ is the guy all along and Rex has asked the media to be in cahoots with him and put out propaganda pieces to make it seem like EJ stinks? WHAT IF, once they get back to Ralph Wilson stadium (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there less media access to practices at the Ralph?) EJ starts to become the #1 QB and practices with the 1's exclusively? WHAT IF, this is just a mind game for the Colts and the NFL?

I know, I know, Mind = Blown. You're welcome.

Carry on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rex already has his mind made up, and the real competition is for the #2 and 3 spots