Warning - conspiracy theory, read at your own risk (QBs)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking the eaxct same thing as the OP. Only thing is, is such an elaborate smokescreen would only really benefit us for the first game. While it could be true, hell, I wish it were true, I just don't see EJ getting the start at this point. I do think Rex and Roman are having a lot of fun keeping the media and fans chasing their tails on the QB issue. I know I'm having fun with it! Love the excitment Rex has brought to the franchise so far, now just win some friggin games!

We all know Rex loves to play games…it's gotta be true darn it!

Welcome aboard Chandler!! Metz is slowly seeing the light. Now to get Chan. There's no hope for Leroi though!!

Perhaps, its just this kind of thread that needed to bring em' all together. One thread to rule them all!

I think the local media is just plain stupid when it comes to EJ Manuel.

As for Rex, I think he is using Manuel's good performances as a smokescreen for the Colts game. I'm sure that Rex and Roman very much like what EJ's doing but I get the feeling they want to sit him longer because they are worried he's not quite ready yet. They don't want to rush him into action when they don't have to. That's the sense I'm getting.

Methinks yous trying to find a theory that fits into your belief about EJ as a player. ;) But that's cool. You have been steadfast in your support. And EJ is clearly getting more confidence and playing better which should breed more confidence.

Fast forward home opener inside the CBS booth,

Solomon Wilcots: And this highly touted Bills defense holds Andrew Luck three and out on their first possession

Spero Dedes: So after a 36 yard punt we get to see Matt Cassell and the Bills offense

Solomon Wilcots: Bills are hoping new weapons such as McCoy Harvin and Clay will add firepower to their offense

Spero Dedes: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!! EJ MANUEL Trots out there !!!!

Speed Dedes: Solomon?... Solomon? ... Solomon?!?!?!

Bah gawd king that's ej Manuel's music!

Yes, Rex surely convinced the various Bills' reporters, who are in direct competition with each other in their various dying media, scrambling for whatever scrap of a story they can find, and are among some of the most jaded, miserable individuals on the planet, to all withhold a huge story because... reasons.

Yup, makes total sense.

[adjusts tinfoil hat]

Yes, Rex surely convinced the various Bills' reporters, who are in direct competition with each other in their various dying media, scrambling for whatever scrap of a story they can find, and are among some of the most jaded, miserable individuals on the planet, to all withhold a huge story because... reasons.

Yup, makes total sense.

[adjusts tinfoil hat]

Have you gotten any outside opinions from extraterrestrial with yours?

What if 2+2 really equals 5?

Don't be silly, this is real life. C'mon man

So, as I've sat back and lurked behind the scenes, reading all the posts about the QB position and who will be there starter, I noticed a trend. Or what I believe to be a trend though they may be more anecdotal, I don't know, you tell me.

It sounds like, on several days and evenings out, people who have attended the practices were seeing a different story compared to what the media was putting out. EJ was playing better than what he had been portrayed by the media. EJ plays well during the scrimmage but he doesn't get a start and he starts to play more with the 2nd and 3rd's even as Rex says he played great during the scrimmage.

WHAT IF, EJ is the guy all along and Rex has asked the media to be in cahoots with him and put out propaganda pieces to make it seem like EJ stinks? WHAT IF, once they get back to Ralph Wilson stadium (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there less media access to practices at the Ralph?) EJ starts to become the #1 QB and practices with the 1's exclusively? WHAT IF, this is just a mind game for the Colts and the NFL?

I know, I know, Mind = Blown. You're welcome.

Carry on.

OR??????? What if when they get back to Buffalo the mysterious wet mat shows up again?

If this happens, the local media will, after the first game, insist that EJ change his name to Tyrod Taylor so they can profess to themselves as have been right all along.

Did you not read the original post? They are all in it together to make it seem like its TT. They will come out and say they were apart of the master plan!

So, as I've sat back and lurked behind the scenes, reading all the posts about the QB position and who will be there starter, I noticed a trend. Or what I believe to be a trend though they may be more anecdotal, I don't know, you tell me.

It sounds like, on several days and evenings out, people who have attended the practices were seeing a different story compared to what the media was putting out. EJ was playing better than what he had been portrayed by the media. EJ plays well during the scrimmage but he doesn't get a start and he starts to play more with the 2nd and 3rd's even as Rex says he played great during the scrimmage.

WHAT IF, EJ is the guy all along and Rex has asked the media to be in cahoots with him and put out propaganda pieces to make it seem like EJ stinks? WHAT IF, once they get back to Ralph Wilson stadium (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there less media access to practices at the Ralph?) EJ starts to become the #1 QB and practices with the 1's exclusively? WHAT IF, this is just a mind game for the Colts and the NFL?

I know, I know, Mind = Blown. You're welcome.

Carry on.

I kind of think your right. But I've been thinking that for awhile and at a certain point I just assumed I was crazy, like when he said EJ would play with the 3s (which didn't exactly happen, most of his work came with the twos). I also think Rex really wants Taylor, and I think his performance against the Browns did a lot for him.

No way is the media in on it though.

But the Bills can do a lot to manipulate the media. I'm sure you know what Kim does.

The Colts will really schitt a brick when Matt Simms trots out there on opening day.

just wait, it will be much worse cause he will come out wearing Cassells uniform, throw a TD pass and rip the uniform off to reveal it's Tyrod Taylor who then reveals that Tyrod is just a cover for Ej Manuel and there never was a Tyrod Taylor!

Now that's Mind Blown!

I did read it. But I tend to forget ridiculous things quickly, get distracted, and move on to type my own ridiculous things.

That was the only ridiculous thing you saw in that whole post?

just wait, it will be much worse cause he will come out wearing Cassells uniform, throw a TD pass and rip the uniform off to reveal it's Tyrod Taylor who then reveals that Tyrod is just a cover for Ej Manuel and there never was a Tyrod Taylor!

Now that's Mind Blown!

Now EJ is a shape shifter? Impressive, I like this guy more and more everyday.

That was the only ridiculous thing you saw in that whole post?

Now EJ is a shape shifter? Impressive, I like this guy more and more everyday.

Shape shifter's aren't real, but it could totally be a Scooby Doo-like mask. Has anyone ever actually SEEN TT and EJ together? I'd love know how EJ makes himself so short.....

Edited by Tenhigh

I think the local media is just plain stupid when it comes to EJ Manuel.

As for Rex, I think he is using Manuel's good performances as a smokescreen for the Colts game. I'm sure that Rex and Roman very much like what EJ's doing but I get the feeling they want to sit him longer because they are worried he's not quite ready yet. They don't want to rush him into action when they don't have to. That's the sense I'm getting.

Yeah, that's it! Couldn't be clueless posters or the smartest men in the room around here mentality, could it? :rolleyes: Naw, gotta be the media! :wallbash: