Warning - conspiracy theory, read at your own risk (QBs)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I'm sure that Rex and Roman very much like what EJ's doing but I get the feeling they want to sit him longer because they are worried he's not quite ready yet. They don't want to rush him into action when they don't have to. That's the sense I'm getting.

God, that would be a nice change from the last decade-and-a-half of stupid.

This theory seems highly unlikely. We all know Rex is different, but there are some things that simply can't be done. EJ is still a young QB who needs reps with his team. Especially now that there are a lot of new faces on offense. All reports indicate that he's hardly had any reps with the first team offense this summer ( including before they all got injured). There's no way you throw him out against Indy with the 1st team, and expect good things.

I think the local media is just plain stupid when it comes to EJ Manuel.

As for Rex, I think he is using Manuel's good performances as a smokescreen for the Colts game. I'm sure that Rex and Roman very much like what EJ's doing but I get the feeling they want to sit him longer because they are worried he's not quite ready yet. They don't want to rush him into action when they don't have to. That's the sense I'm getting.

Makes sense, like a career reboot. Could be just what the dr ordered...

This theory seems highly unlikely. We all know Rex is different, but there are some things that simply can't be done. EJ is still a young QB who needs reps with his team. Especially now that there are a lot of new faces on offense. All reports indicate that he's hardly had any reps with the first team offense this summer ( including before they all got injured). There's no way you throw him out against Indy with the 1st team, and expect good things.

Media is in on it, they are just reporting this. What don't you get? My goodness...

Welcome aboard Chandler!! Metz is slowly seeing the light. Now to get Chan. There's no hope for Leroi though!!

Be warned that Metz was praising EJ as a joke last week. His stance has not changed. And with his insider information he won't change as he knows Roman wants Cassel and suspects Rex wants TT.

did I get the rumors right?

My bad, I forgot about the media being in on it. What I saw at SJF must have been some kind of alternative reality. Is the real team even there this summer, or are we all being fooled? Because I could have sworn I didn't see EJ getting first team reps. Now I believe this might be an incredible conspiracy.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

EJ's last pass was 10' over the receiver. So.....probably not.

sarcasm? EJ's last pass correction 2 passes were a TD and a 2 pt conversion

My bad, I forgot about the media being in on it. What I saw at SJF must have been some kind of alternative reality. Is the real team even there this summer, or all we all being fooled? Because I could have sworn I didn't see EJ getting first team reps. Now I believe this might be an incredible conspiracy.

Search ASTRO and the first scrimmage. Didn't EJ start ???

I almost orgot how bad it gets here just before the season with the newbies who troll for a few weeks then leave.

I am enjoying this post. I think Rex is jerking the media around but is honestly looking at all three qbs. I was surprised while listening to NFL Radio makes it seems as if it is a surprise that Rex is probably considering all three qbs. Why not? Chances are in this league one goes down to injury, either short or long term, so now the team does not have to scramble to find a decent backup.

Now this is just my theory but from reading how an upright decent guy EJ is he would be ok being the number 3 qb, learning like it was originally intended to be when he was first on the team, and by hopefully this year or next be the starter. I believe St. Doug screwed things up with EJ hoping to have a winning record so he can showcase his miracles and move to a bigger profile of a team. Tyrod is a pleasant surprise but I am afraid with his running he would get injured and then where is the team.

So my gut tells me it is Matt's job, he gets hurts or can not move the team, then it is Tyrod's until he gets a concussion and then EJ comes in.........

Now if this comes true I am gong to the Vegas and make my first million.

sarcasm? EJ's last pass correction 2 passes were a TD and a 2 pt conversion

Search ASTRO and the first scrimmage. Didn't EJ start ???

I almost orgot how bad it gets here just before the season with the newbies who troll for a few weeks then leave.

As opposed to the guys who troll endlessly, and never leave... :flirt:

It's going to be difficult for Rex to hide this very fact, if indeed he's trying to smokescreen for the opener.

The reps will be the tell.

If so, the competition may already be over and they have moved on to implementing their plan for the season with these guys.

But….WHAT IF?

I do believe that the press are doing Rex's bidding, whether consciously or not. My belief though is that Rex came in with a big negative EJ vibe so that's what got spread around.

Unfortunately for Rex EJ hasn't been playing nice.

I do believe that the press are doing Rex's bidding, whether consciously or not. My belief though is that Rex came in with a big negative EJ vibe so that's what got spread around.

Unfortunately for Rex EJ hasn't been playing nice.

:w00t::w00t::w00t: Twist!

Edited by HamSandwhich

Fast forward home opener inside the CBS booth,

Solomon Wilcots: And this highly touted Beels defense holds Andrew Luck three and out on their first possession

Spero Dedes: So after a 36 yard punt we get to see Matt Cassell and the Bills offense

Solomon Wilcots: Beels are hoping new weapons such as McCoy Harvin and Clay will add firepower to their offense

Spero Dedes: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!! EJ MANUEL Trots out there !!!!

Speed Dedes: Solomon?... Solomon? ... Solomon?!?!?!

fixed

My theory (a lot more plausible)

- Doug Whaley sits in a interview and explains that the bills will be too good to be able to get into the blue chip rounds to select a qb

- The coaches get to camp and they realize that EJ manuel actually has talent.....but that he has been coached like crap

- EJ is in the middle of a cheap 5 year rookie contract

- The bills realize that with every passing day this 3 way qb competition takes away needed reps from whoever is going to be the starter

- EJ gets moved to 3rd team......a position that is reserved for a developmental qb.....so that they can get the reps to TT and Cassel

- EJ gets lots of pre season playing time in preseason........but in a way that gets TT time with the starters

MY THEORY is they will NOT draft a QB with their 1st round pick next year (which I thought they were going to do....but I also thought EJ would have been traded at this point....he looks pretty good in pre season.....QBs are hard to come by)

EJ MANUEL is STILL THE FUTURE of the team.......he will continue to work on his game and under these coaches.....and NEXT YEAR will make a strong push to be the starter. Cassell is on a one year contract.....TT is gonna get his chance to prove that he can be the starter.......

TT to start.....Cassell in the bullpen.....EJ Manuel the future

We are not going to be able to sign all of these high priced free agents.......they are going to need to replace one of them (Bradham would be my guess)