Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter

Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter  

290 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances that Tyrod Taylor can become a "franchise" QB in 2015?

We did it last week for EJ and apparently it wasn't without bias. Let's apply the exact same question to Tyrod.

There is so much talk on the topic that I thought that a poll may be appropriate. What are the odds in your opinion that Tyrod Taylor can be a "franchise" type QB this year? As a baseline I would say, Alex Smith / Ryan Tannehill represent the low end. Basically what are the odds that he can achieve that level of play.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a toss up. 50%. I really like him.

I went in the 26% - 50%. I think that he has about a 1 in 3 chance (and improving). It's hard to find a QB (obviously) but I'm encouraged by what I have seen from all of these guys. We will see when the lights go on but the QB position has exceeded my expectations.

I say it's 35%-50%. Thought he showed he can be consistent and smart in the pocket, converting 4/6 on 3rd downs and going 7/10 passing. If he can come close to replicating that in the regular season, he can definitely put up Alex Smith or Ryan Tannehill numbers.

Time to gamble and go with EJ and Taylor. They will lose games with mistakes but that is the only way to develop them.

Even in the regular season , each play a half ?

Edited by ALF

I guess i need franchise QB defined?

Are we saying Franchise QB, referring to top 10 QB in the NFL or

Starting QB for the Buffalo Bills franchise for the next 5 years.

Either way I think it is a little early to tell.

It's defined in the question. Somewhere around Alex Smith / Ryan Tannehill is the baseline. Basically, can he be a middle of the league QB this year?

Honestly last night I saw a lot of things Rex Ryan would want, things Roman has worked with to great success in the past, and scenarios that likely would have played out very differently with our full lineup of starters.

15 play, 7 minute drives? 4/6 on 3rd down conversion percentages? The ability to run to escape a blitz and make them pay downfield? The ability to make the throw to the open man when the blitz is faked and defenders drop into coverage? A 70% accuracy percentage.

These things I worried about Taylor being capable of. Tonight, he was more Matt Cassel than Matt Cassel passing, only with some upside while running.

50-70% for me.

I give both Tyrod and EJ about the same chance at being a *franchise* QB. To me, 'franchise' means top 15, or top 10, for multiple years. There's not many of those QBs out there, so it's unlikely any QB becomes one. BUT what I have seen gives me a little hope :)